Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Just finished catching up on the thread the last few days. Thank you so much for doing this glory to Wrexham and the American Jose Mourinho.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Dias posted:

Short version: footballers are complex human beings with complex emotions and motivations.

Except for Wayne Rooney and John Terry.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm going to go with a nice even 10

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

We have to splash the cash he's almost always man of the match he gives us so much and he has a ton of promise. B

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Congratulations can't wait for the inter welsh premier league matches, is this now the only fan owned club in a football top flight? Anyway the answers are C B B B, can't wait to pick the Brazilian league clean of young prospects.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I wanted an American Lionel Messi but the season was better then I could imagine, so I'm happy less people complained. Also is there a way The Board can vote Scott Brown a pay raise I know if I were Manchester United I might consider inviting him to the Scrooge McDuck money vault.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 18, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

As an American I feel a kinship with Scott Brown and I feel that I am uniquely qualified to keep him (working for peanuts) excited to be at wrexham. I promise to keep season ticket prices at reasonable levels to gouge the away supporters coming to the racecourse ground and keep embezzlement at manageable levels.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Now we're a proper premiership side we need some supporters songs.

This is my kinda crappy first attempt

"he's strong, he's rich. His real names Mujkic meteoooor meteoooor! "

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Meteor will get 19 goals and assists. Metroid gets 4

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Hey Habeas I've been inspired by the awesome goon supporters and would like to run a contest if its okay with you. I'd send a PM but you don't have plat so email me at brainster 31 at gmail.com

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Its times like this when I imagine I'm an au Wrexham fan your teams known nothing but lower level footie. Then in 5 years you bring Chelsea FC to Wrexham and win. It must be the best feeling.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I am throwing my hat in the ring! As an American I know how we can leverage the story of Scott Brown to the masses in the states. I'm seeing the next MLS All Star game vs Wrexham. Also I have a unique cultural perspective to keep Scott Brown working for peanuts keep Manager Brown with the club long term. I shall keep embezzlement to acceptable levels. As for the name of the stadium I will spend all of the off season bothering Peter Jones until we can get a sponsorship for the Dragons Den.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 28, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

No. Bad idea. Really bad idea. Never get Alan Sugar involved in the running of your club, unless you really like mediocrity, terrible managers, worse players, constant faux pas, legal disputes and everything done in a cheap and tacky way.

Point taken I'll go bother Peter Jones instead

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

1. CVE
2. AJ_Impy
3. A Tartan Tory

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 11, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Beating Chelsea gets you access to the welsh equivalent of the Scrooge McDuck money vault c! Also I'm offering a forums upgrade to the best supporters song for Wrexham.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Its disappointing we did not make it to Europe this year and the FA Cup was shameful but we would be foolish to let you go. I choose 2.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

A Tartan Tory posted:

On the other hand, not playing a bunch of hateful bastards like Celtic is also a good idea.

Do you really want to be Neil Lennon? :colbert:

I can't hate Celtic when they do stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Yeah the Sectarianism is awful, but Rangers can be just as bad replacing British and Protestant with Irish and Catholic. I just love the idea of a 6 year old as the capo of the fan section for some reason. I'm an American Arsenal supporter so I'm fully okay with being wrong on all this as I have no context beyond what I read and see.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 30, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

quote is not edit

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Caba we need to spend money but let's not be qpr.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Top 4 Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea
Bottom 3 Wattford Derby Bristol
Champions League Real Madrid
FA Cup Man City
League Cup Wrexham

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 3, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

If you can get him for 28 plus sweeteners eg friendly do it. Also what's the biggest transfer you've seen in fm?

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 9, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I vote for B. again spending money is important but we need to keep profit and expenditure close.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'd love as a challenge getting a team like the USA or Italy or Australia to the world cup.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

I can see how getting four-time World Cup winners (and one-time hosts) Italy to the World Cup could be difficult.

That was me half asleep I meant to say France there

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Problem is that people have been saying that for the last decade or so. The US has shown improvement, but if there's a whole generation of awesome footballers just waiting out there in deepest Nebraska, I haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

My favorite podcast Men in Blazers has a line that sums up soccer in America perfectly. "Soccer Americas sport of the future as it has been since 1978."

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, it's not really a capital G D Group of Death where every team is at risk to an extent so much as a group tailor-made for eliminating the United States.

The actual group of death is probably group B with the Netherlands Spain Chile and Australia or group D with England Uruguay and Italy .

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I guessed the wrong cup.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

88 million pounds
A
B
A
That total expenditure puts us 5 million under the wage cap you've set and I think that's as much as the board can make it rain.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

Jesus, this is still the most miraculous play through I've ever seen.

70m
A
B
A

I'm going to be disappointed if the USMNT doesn't come knocking down the line. Also, is there a chance that Scott Brown could spend his twilight years trying to legitimize the MLS? Seems amusing imagining a demented Scott Brown who barely gives a poo poo turning something like the Columbus Crew into an MLS megabastard. After he hands off newly megabastard Wrexham to coach-in-waiting Justin Bailey of course.

The problem is that besides your three designated players there is a very strict salary cap in MLS so true megabastardom is impossible.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Julian Green totally negotiated a golden ticket to Brazil as a factor of him signing with the USA that's the only reason he's there

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Each of these will be predicted from left to right first second third
Group A Barca Napoli and Basel
Group B Valencia Wrexham and Shalke
Group C Bayern Milan and Rijeka
Group D Arsenal Benfica and FC Energy Drink
Group E Madrid PSV and Slask
Group F Man U Dortmund and Anderlecht
Group G Juventus Porto and Rangers
Group H Man City PSG and Grenada

Wrexham will score 158 Goals

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Yess my terrible knowledge of non English \ Spanish football didn't screw me. Come on Wrexham score all the goals.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Sneaky Fast posted:

What did Arsenal do to your mom Aj_Impy? Why do you hate them so?

Arsenal has finished over Spurs which I'm assuming aj is a supporter of for 19 years in a row. Both teams play in north London and despise each other. Spurs see Arsenal as invaders to north London who have plastic fans and all the money. Whereas Arsenal sees Spurs as simply jealous of their success and them being a bunch of assholes into the bargain.

Edit I have a horrible fear we are going to have a Chelsea season where we get close in a bunch of competitions but never actually win anything.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 10, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Not to horribly derail things but I don't see woolwich/royal arsenal to just arsenal as abandoning their name. And yeah the move to highbury sucked but to call them worse then franchise fc is unfair. There were no people at the old place but to move districts in London would be preferable to not existing.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The other reason arsenal vs spurs is particularly bitter is that there's been only one season since 1950 that they haven't been in the same division so the derby is renewed every single season.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Dreamsicle posted:

I see.

Also, I noticed that Bamford also has 44 goals in a season to be Wrexham's leader. How likely will it be for The Most Electrifying Striker in Europe to break that record considering there's only 38 games in a Premier League season?

Blakout, if you win, you better give Bailey a push or at least give Wrexham more competition in the Prem.

EDIT: With all the cards and fouls we have, is Wrexham technically the dirtiest team in the game? Yeah I know that some if not many of those cards were unjustified but in the record books people won't remember that. I think.

My boon is more internationally minded though it could involve Bailey depending on how crazy we can get with the editor

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 10, 2014

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Rooting for sports teams is an inherently irrational endeavor. Rival teams doubly so.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Insertnamehere31 posted:

How did you not sell out a Champion's League Quarterfinal game against Real Fuckin' Madrid? Are the tickets really so expensive that the good people of Wrexham and/or northern Wales not want to see you beat one of the most prestigious teams in the world in the biggest club competition in the world?

I have an amazing mental image of a huge group of Real Madrid fans with a map of the UK trying desperately to find Wrexham. It seems to be rather difficult to get to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Well that was a very disappointing end to the season very Chelseaesque.
Anyway to the choices
98 million pound transfer kitty
A expand the race course ground.

USA if we can get mls teams Asia if the Asian leagues are available Italy otherwise .

• Locked thread