Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Just finished reading this over the last few days. Good stuff! As someone who has been playing Xpert 11 with goons for the last year, I find myself worryingly tempted to pick this up, even though I'm sure I'd be in over my head.

So how easy is it to add in new teams? I'd be tempted to recreate my X11 team, Blue Shift, or perhaps be sillier and make a National Team for the most glorious nation in the world, Tropico.

QUESTION ONE: Season goal.
C - I believe reaching the promotion playoffs is completely obtainable.

QUESTION TWO: Wage budget.
Your proposed changes are acceptable. 36k/wk and an additional 50k for the transfer budget.

QUESTION THREE: Additional staff.
C - An additional 700/wk for coaches is acceptable. Honestly I'd be tempted to drop the player salary budget a smidgeon (1kish) and increase the staff budget by the same amount if it was an option.

QUESTION FOUR: Pitch condition.
Apparently the landlords have already relaid the pitch, so this point is moot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm certainly no soccer expert (what I call a 4-5-1 is, I think, more commonly referred to as a 4-3-3), and I was even further from being one when I first picked up this game, so the real issue is how much of a timesuck are you able to have in your life? As for adding your team, I found the DB editor fairly easy to use but time consuming. If you're going to recreate a full team that'll be some work, but it won't really be hard to do.

Nah, I'd just recreate the team name. X11 is a browser football manager game some goons play in leagues and its bloody simple compared to FM14. It doesn't have all these specific positionals even just "Forward, Midfielder, Defender", and the players are basically two stats "Skill" "Form" and some special traits.

By the way, how much does the Tackleford coach make? :v:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

habeasdorkus posted:

Guys. Guys guys guys. Check this poo poo out.

Two-point-three quid a week?! With a 20% yearly raise?! I don't care how good he is we can't afford that for just one pla-

:stare:

Carry on. :fap:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dwarsen posted:

No way you're keeping that guy more than one season.

Maybe, but we'll at least make a nice profit off him.

The 5mil release clause is what a higher club has to pay us to snatch him away, right?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with fighting against Breast Cancer, or cancer in general. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

If its bugging out, can your use your editor or whatever to remove that Set Piece expectation?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

habeasdorkus posted:

Aww man, if American pro sports can sell beer despite fans being killed once in a while in fights between local supporters and out of town supporters you guys should definitely get to have beer. This is all because of the bad old days of hooliganism, huh?

I mean, geez, the only major sporting events here that don't sell beer are college football stadiums, and the whole point of those is to get loaded with your college friends in the parking lot before the game.

American Football fangs kill eachother once in a while sure, but Football Football fans trash entire towns occasionally. Sometimes, even when they win!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Zeroisanumber posted:

The game is half-off on Steam again for the weekend, if anyone is interested.

What?! Oh god, it is!

And I just got paid! Must resist.... :ohdear:

[edit] Actually the timer says the offer lasts for only (roughly) 16 more hours from my post?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 31, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So the Meteor doesn't want to move to a bigger team still, does he? :ohdear: I was wondering how he'd take your earlier proclamation of "Let one of the biggest teams in football buy one of my players? No loving way! :colbert:"

Though one a similar note, I do find it funny how some of your players just seem so determined to move onto a "bigger club" where they'd probably end up a second-tier backup player as opposed to one of your best and brightest. I guess they might make more money? Would they have better potential for improvement due to (presumably) better training staff and facilities as opposed to getting more minutes playing for a "lesser" team? I mean, would such a move truly be beneficial for them, or are they pigheaded and just want to wear the uniform of a team whose name most people might recognize?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 4, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Damnit I'm low on cash again thanks to other cool things. They time these sales badly! :argh:

Uhmmm manager, its game time, not lunchtime. Man, he hasn't quite been the same since he started moonlighting as a kart driver. :ohdear:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I clearly should be directing. Gooo football! Get a homerun!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So with how Meteor is gonna be gone for what feels like a third to half the season... you're still having to pay his high wages aren't you? Even if you're getting nothing out of him.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sentinel Red posted:

(Furiously) "Perhaps we might be nearer to being in the Premier League next season if you hadn't hosed off for three months to waste time kerb-stomping poo poo teams in some meaningless international 'competition', you ungrateful little poo poo." :colbert:

If we can't stand on our own for a bit in the Championship without him, then obviously we didn't bring in enough of that talent we promised him. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

habeasdorkus posted:

Moses Oakes, AKA Galaga Galaxian
Length of Tenure: 1 year, 5 months
Chief Attribute: Interfering with Management (14)
Favorite Decepticon: Starscream

Actually, I prefer Shockwave, but Starscream is a close second. :allears:

Also, I can't wait until we falter during early consolidation, preferably right around election time, so I can depose Sky Shadowing and take my rightful place as supreme ruler of the DeceptiDragons.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 19, 2014

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

As the resident StarScream, its obviously MY turn to lead the Dragons to victory and mass embezzlement. :colbert:

(Poor Sky Shadowing, just as we reach that massive Premier League money)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Sky Shadowing is likely to stay on the board anyways, isn't he? Just not as head of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Whew! I finally caught up to this thread. Surprised to see it still going, I saw it pop back up in my bookmarks and thought it was just after-LP activity (late comments, archiving, etc).

I even picked up FM16 in the steam sale in large part thanks to this thread. Its proving pretty amazing so far compared to Eastside Hockey Manager, which unsurprisingly, but sadly, is nowhere near as refined. Thanks to the LP I decided to throw caution and common sense to the wind and am starting a game with no reputation or coaching qualifications as a total FM beginner, should be awful fun. :v:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how this saga ends.
I wish the FM series had a games thread instead of just a Ray Parlour Armchair Quarterback one

Dreamsicle posted:

The Welsh dream is dead :smith:
I saw that pairing on the TV at one of my favorite lunch spots (The owners love football) and thought "welp, :rip: Wales". Then again, I had also thought that of Iceland v England.

• Locked thread