Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
So are you just getting bad rolls on the RNG? Or are your guys suddenly in a funk for other reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

whowhatwhere posted:

How easily can you overcome a one in a physical stat?

In this case? 'roids.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

Guys! It's been one week and his strength has DOUBLED!

Honestly, he's 16 and has probably just been running around on raw natural talent and youthful exuberance his entire life. Load him up with decent food and put him on a weight training regimen and he'll bulk up in no time.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
A. This is Tackleford City Club, it just wouldn't be the same if we didn't have a crazy, hyper-demanding Russian with bags and bags of money to throw around asking why we haven't signed Beckham yet.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's already pretty tough clawing your way out of the doldrums of the English football leagues, I'm worried that hampering yourself financially might turn this into a bit of a slog.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

Unlike some other games, the FM save files aren't plaintext, so I can't just go in myself and ctrl+f my way to Tackleford and then directly edit ownership. I have FMRTE, which is a savegame editor, but at the moment there's no way to directly change ownership. So it'll take a bit longer to get a true Goonocracy as I have to edit the owner into a situation where his advanced age and lowered stats make him likely to sell the team. Or, as I said, if FMRTE re-enables that feature from it's FM13 editor I can do it more quickly.

I knew we shoulda stuck with the Russian...

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
B. Tackleford was a fun start, but there wasn't anything particularly Tackleford-y about the team itself. Let's see where Scott Brown ends up.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Red Dragons!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

sebzilla posted:

Wrexham - We're going to Wales, boyos!

Wales is OK.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I know next to nothing about Football beyond the fact that I like winning, making me a perfect choice for Board of Directors.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
(Assertively) That's a serious uptick in the amount of money that we're spending, I expect to see commensurate results. Increase the transfer budget by 100,000 pounds and the wage budget by 3k/wk (35k/wk and 115.5k)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

I'll consider it, but you'll have to explain why he's a human after writing Finnegan's Wake. That poo poo was written for aliens. Do love me some Dubliners.

I can give you an excellent reason to get rid of him.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Just a heads up, if anyone was thinking of picking this game up it's on sale on Steam for half-off for the next 36 hours or so.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Tackleford. :argh:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I have to admit that I yelped out a little, "Yeah!" when I saw the result against Tackleford.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Half-off again on Steam for the next 24 hours.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
1. B) We feel that some additional coaches are warranted, but do not wish to spend more than £1,000 a week on additional staff salary.

(assertively) We're Wrexham, not Man U. That said, we're a professional Football organization in contention for promotion and we should develop our coaching programme.

2. B) We should relay the field, it's an embarrassment to the club.

(passionately) Yes, yes. The landlords really should do something about the state of the place, especially since our coach just spent his last interview popping off about the sate of Tackleford's pitch.

3. B) We agree that we should improve the youth facilities. We will begin planning the Tom Cannon Youth Barn and Practice Pasture immediately.

(assertively) Our strategy for the future is predicated on a very strong youth development programme. While this will be a major expense, we feel it's in the long-term best interests of the club.

4. B) We think this is a fine idea. No one ever got anywhere having a childhood.

(calmly) Agreed, this would be in line with our emphasis on youth development.

5. B) We should modestly increase the wage and transfer budgets, but take care not to spend rashly.

(assertively) Really, Coach Brown! We've agreed to a large outlay for our main strategy of increasing the quality of our youth development, and we've shown that we can be competitive at current salary levels. With the outlay that we've approved for additional coaching staff and a small increase in wage/transfer budgets, we'll be just fine.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
(drunkenly) Since we'll be moving up into a professional league, we'll need to spend money on teambuilding or something right? Right! So what was it yeh said yeh needed again?

Change my votes on questions 1 and 5 from B to C. The Board loves a winner.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Eh. We're out of relegation, I can take an asskicking as long as we have a chance to stay in League 2.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
(Drunk) Tell ya what, if you need me to I'll cut the brake lines on Tackleford's bus. I love this team and I just don't give a gently caress nnymore.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Scunthorpe. Christ, what an unfortunately named town.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
On a non-town name note, your guys are finally starting to play like an actual League 2 team. Did our guys finally just gel properly? Or was it the tactics switch that did it?

Also, if reelected, I promise that the Goon Squad will be hard at drink every night until we come up with a cheer for Wrexham that's even 1/10th as amazing as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mJgQkZX9U

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
That chant is awesome, all y'all are just haters.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 15, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

the JJ posted:

God it's so obnoxious. I went to a national game at my local MLS stadium and the ultras there just started singing the local songs (which, to be fair, is pretty much just "whoa, wo wo wo wo whoooooa whooa" from Seven Nation Army, but its still MILES better than U-S-A U-S-A over and over again.)

Obnoxious football fans? I've never heard of such a thing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
1 (Calmly) A raise of $5200 pounds per year sounds reasonable enough. Agreed.

2 (Calmly) I believe a two-year contract extension should be sufficient.

3 (Confused) I have no idea what you're banging on about, do whatever it is you want to with regards to strategy.

4 (Passionately) Yes, obviously focus on the kids. We didn't lay out $350,000 pounds for you to not make use of them.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'll sit on the board. I know next to nothing about Football and am drunk a good amount of the time, so I should be perfect.

If I had a pet dragon, I would be just like Daenerys Targaryen, Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons --- except I'd feed them nothing but burgers and chips so the dragons would be well-upholstered and crack fat jokes instead of expelling fire. Also, I'm a guy and look nothing like Emilia Clarke.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Hey, Scunthorpe managed to claw their way out of the basement. We get to beat up on them and make fun of their name again next season!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
1. C (Cautiously) I agree that a shot at promotion is definitely in the cards given how much the club improved in the second half of last year.

2. (Cautiously) 36/wk and 50k added to the transfer budget is reasonable.

3. C (Passionately) We should have staffing that reflects our ambitions.

4. Relay the Pitch (Bored) Yes, yes. The pitch is in poo poo condition and the school should do something about it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
68 Points 20 wins.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

One of the coaches I hired was a dual British/Australian national. Upon signing he recommended this kid, who's a dual Croatian/Australian national that was playing at some Aussie academy. His Judge Ability and Judge Potential wasn't that great (6 JA, 4 JP) but I saw a whole passel of blue scores when I looked at him and signed him sight unseen. No one else in the world seems to have known about him. :D

Hold on to that boy with two hands!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
6/15/1997. He was born the day I graduated high school...

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Arquebus posted:

Tackleford will get him in the end. I just know it.

If they'd seen him first, that kid would've been snapped up and shunted straight into training for Manchester loving United.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The game is half-off on Steam again for the weekend, if anyone is interested.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

Holy poo poo, some of them are rating Wondolowski above Jozy!? What the gently caress is wrong with them? That's some sort of irrational cesspool of gormlessness.

I've found that it helps to imagine that everyone in SAS is Karl Pilkington. A horde of Karl Pilkingtons arguing with each other about sports. Forever.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
We should've signed him to a five-year contract. :( I blame all of you doubters and my crippling alcoholism for this!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm throwing my name in the ring to replace Sky Shadowing. Firstly, because he's a terrible drunk who's wholly responsible for the loss to Dag & Red, and secondly because we deserve a president who isn't currently divided into 10,000 carefully organized scientific slides in a filing cabinet on an alien world.

Also, if we win promotion I'll build us a new stadium and form a squad of hooligans and rowdies who will brutalize Tackelford fans whenever they dare to show their face at Racehorse Ground.

I believe in this squad, and I believe in our boys.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've spent enough time doubting Coach Brown and I won't make that mistake again:

1. A
2. A
3. A

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
1. C - Moving to a mid-pack budget during a consolidation year is completely within reason.

2. C - What? I don't understand what you're talking about but I'm sure you know best. :allears:

3. C - Sorry, what was that? Do whatever it is that you do.

4. C - But if he does re-sign with us, make sure that his buyout is stratospheric.

As for your contract, 6 years, £1,100/week 5% yearly, 25% promotion. Cover yourself in glory, and we'll rain cash all over you.

Quit voting for short contracts, you idiots! If we make it to Premier League three years from now and his contract runs out he'll skin us alive.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

The corporate facilities absolutely need work, they're pretty average. I don't know how to change that, though.

You'd probably have to upgrade the stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I want us to finish +1 point ahead of Tackleford. Whether we're at the top or the bottom of the league, I want us to beat them by just a single point.

• Locked thread