Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I know nothing about soccer/football and this is incredibly interesting. I'm just sad you had to leave all those virile young men behind, but there's always more where that came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
That was amazing. :allears:

Jenner fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 20, 2013

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
:catholic: These boys are not young enough, what is the going rate on younger boys? Take that. :pedo:

You started this line of joking.

Edit: But serious, I don't wanna stretch our budget too thin, so I'm only going with the 50k option.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Triamcinolone posted:

Please don't get rid of James Joyce. I mean, he's James Joyce.

In that same vein, don't get rid of Justin Bailey; he's a cheat code.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, I tried to look up Franck Ribery, but the game told me there was no one that was quite as big a child fucker rear end in a top hat as him in this iteration of FM.

Obviously an individual of such laudable tastes belongs on this tea--
Cancel that, too far even for me.

In all seriousness, I told you Justin Bailey was worth it! (Is he a AU version of some pro player that is just incredibly luckily named?)

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
/\/\/\

Time for a game rigging scandal. :unsmigghh:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Seriously, someone paid that ref off. 11+ fouls on one side uncalled, one foul on yours jumped on madly. Madness.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Justin Bailey is seriously my favorite player on your team. He was the moment you showed his name. I'm thrilled that he's also doing incredibly well (playing well above his appraised skill level, even!) I'm tempted to try to customize a Wrexham jersey with his name and number on it unironically.

I never want him to leave, but his eventual aging and fall from grace is gonna be so sad for me. It may not be a long time until you get another man like Justin Bailey, but man. :allears: I still think he's one of a kind.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
/\/\/\

:sigh: It's just not the same.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

(Luxuriantly) I'd like to reinvest some of the money we made from the Upson sale into the team, specifically an upgrade to the Tom Cannon Memorial Youth Barn.

No.

steinrokkan posted:

Use funds to clone Bailey

:swoon:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Scout all you want but I'm not gonna be satisfied until we get a natively Welsh player who had parents traditional enough to name him in a proper olden welsh way. Granting us a baller whos name is an indecipherable string of consonants.

Pnyydhh Fvngydd or something beautiful like that.

(It seems like you always get your good players stolen for international duty though and I doesn't higher tiers of play have a mandatory amount of UK you need to field?)

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Thing is these year to year deals are gonna kill us. He'll continue to hold our team hostage every year and stagnate our ability to buy other talent. I wish we could have locked him in for longer...

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
It makes me so happy seeing Bailey still getting time on the field and apparently not doing too awfully despite being incredibly out of his league.

He is still first team in my heart.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

"David Moyes summons demons from hell to devour Wrexham FC, drag Scott Brown into the nether realms."

A player, Mateo Mujkic, would like to speak to you about the heat, staff recommends speaking to this player assertively about this subject.

The Tom Cannon Heated Memorial Barn is now the Tom Cannon Air Conditioned Memorial Barn.

I miss this LP, habeasdorkus, but you deserve your fun too.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Scott Shirra needs a nickname.

I like the idea of calling him Surefire Shirra or Sure Thing Shirra.

habeasdorkus posted:

2) (Timidly) We'll have the contract drawn up immediately! Please, just don't leave us! (3 year contract at £50k/wk, 20% yearly raise, escalators to £65k/wk for Europa League qualification and £80k/wk for Champion's League qualification)

What is this loving Cleveland? Take the team to loving Baltimore you greedy insufferable cuss. :arghfist::reject:
Edit: This is a joke about the wrong type of 'football', you're welcome.

But seriously, 3.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 28, 2014

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

This is easily my favorite ownership event in all my seasons of playing Football Manager.

I sense a new rivalry coming. :unsmigghh:

Sky Shadowing posted:

Okay, I honestly have to ask was that a boon granted or was that dynamic, because I went loving nuts laughing when it popped up.

habeasdorkus posted:

Completely unexpected. I didn't even realize it was you until I was cropping the images and editing the update. The only thing I did was rename your front office guys afterwards. I love this game.

It really was amazingly fortuitous RNG, there. :allears:

Sky Shadowing posted:

sugar daddy me.

Oh man, this is going to be great. :jiggled:

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm having trouble coming up with a good seasonal contest. If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

Are you able to look at the funds of other clubs? If so we should bet on what number the amount of that nebulous: "Other funds not stated" part of Southampton's balance will be. Can't have Sky Shadowking without him being Sky Shadowking.

(I just love this, can't embezzle from Wrexham in top league because of term limits so he'll just embezzle someplace else. This is my favorite LP now.)

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
*Clings to her Bailey uniform, weeping.*

It's like LeBron all over again. :qq:

Also gently caress you for slamming Ohio several updates back! I'm sure the team is perfectly--
Oh who am I kidding! :gonk:

We are doing so well, but Bailey... :smith:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Bailey! :qq:

He'll come back... I know he'll come back...
*huddles with Wrexham Bailey Jersey, weeping to self*

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

A Tartan Tory posted:

If you want to learn to appreciate cricket, start by imbibing a large amount of beer, then dress up in a strange costume and pop down to a big game.

I am literally the only cricket fan in Scotland, hear me roar.

I started getting into Cricket was because my husband's family is Bangladeshi and would string me up if I hated it it didn't seem to have any of the usually Big Money Bullying that other sports had.

But now it seems there's some shifty poo poo going on with the big three (India, Australia and England) teaming up to decide who matters and who can play in what tier. It's headed by India who is wielding their massive population like a weapon. It's rubbish!

I am still new to the fandom, though.

Sri Lanka rules, Pakistan drools.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
I know I'm not the one that won, but we need a good Captain and Bailey has been with us for a long time. Perhaps bump him up a bit and give him a great leadership score?

(And maybe edit his coaching scores while you're at it so after he's done being our captain he can train our kids. :3:)

Bee attack in a Sri Lankha vs England test match:

Jenner fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 11, 2014

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Argentina is my soccor team of choice because they do well enough but still choke all the time so they'll never win a Cup. I'm glad you're in on my dream. :allears:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
CAAAA

KHAAAANNN.

Also, start bringing us in some trophies, scrub. :colbert:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

N00ba the Hutt posted:

The imaginary sportscaster in the back of my mind started jumping up and down and screaming "BAILEY! BAILEY! BAILEY!" when I read that. Congrats, habeas. And thanks again for the incredibly engaging writing!

I like that Shaun Davies also had our backs. But yeah, Bailey is the best good luck charm. Coming through for us all the time.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
This is ridiculous, this zebra's been paid off.

Lynch the ref. :reject:

Edit: :scotland: but with a Welsh flag.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 28, 2014

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Yeah, most likely Bastable wouldn't have accepted 0.

:sigh: So much for us winning things twice in a row. I know Scott's shown us a lot of miracles, but this might be too much.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Where's my giant fuckoff dragon statue, AJ?

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
A disheveled drunken woman staggers onto the stage of a Tom Jones concert right in the middle of It's Not Unusual, she seizes the mic from the Welsh star to the ring of feedback.

[Slurringly] Y... y'should vote fer meee caush I'mma... I'mma clone Jushtin Bailey.

Tom Jones still recovering from the shock as security rushes the stage.

[Slurringly] An... an... everyone getsh a sheep, I'm like... fuckin' Oprah with sheep. You fuckers know who Oprah is right?

Security grapples with the woman as the crowd explodes into applause.

[Howlingly] WE'RE GONNA SCORE SO MANY TOUCHDOWNS!

Security drags her away to a standing ovation and Tom Jones resumes his show.

Style of Play: I and III, this is how you win games right?
Transfer Policy: C, D, some A but low priority

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

SC Bracer posted:

I seem to have gotten Guy Fieri in my game

That dude doesn't have enough aggression and flair to be Guy Fieri
Also his teamwork and natural fitness is too high.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Zero One posted:

Re: The Man City fire sale.

Same thing just happened to Arsenal in my game. My target was their number one striker who had just won the World Cup. Both Real Madrid and I offered him a contract. I was hoping he would pick me because I was also his WC coach but he ended up picking Real who are paying him 3x the salary I offered.

I had to settle for overpaying Arsenal for a wonderkid right winger to replace a player who was retiring. I was planning on loaning him out for a season but he turned into my #1 choice so it ended up being a good deal for me.

Arsenal still hasn't recovered from all the departures.

You're getting AJ_Impy all excited.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
I dunno, I think Thiago is losing his heat. Time to kick him out and bring in some new hotness.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
I'm sad that we can't take Bailey with us.
:smith:

I adore this team, the fallout when Brown goes...

I will laugh if Tosh gets his position.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Not Tackleford!

However, I hear Americans love going to the middle east for oil no loving reason.

Let's go to Iraq, it's our favorite vacation spot.

Brown will build the Usood Al-Rafidain a defensive line so solid they'll be able to hold off ISIL all by themselves.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 27, 2015

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
/\/\/\
Iraq is a wasteland of sand and despair nice this time of year.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

USA! USA! USA!

I like to believe the God-King was behind this in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Glad to see you back but drat those injuries.

• Locked thread