Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

habeasdorkus posted:

If it's not OK, then I'll abandon it.

You should probably ask a mod for confirmation before proceeding either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Sky Shadowing posted:

So pretty much I just find it incredible that a group of people could found a club at the bottom of the soccer world, and they're in the exact same system as teams like Real Madrid and Manchester United. If they earned it they'd be able to reach the highest of the highs, and that's pretty cool.

While that's technically true, you can say the same for the Olympics; the thing is, if you're a decent athlete, you're going to move to an higher level. I don't think there is an example of Average Joes getting to high level competitions as a team, in the recent past. What's more frequent is the reverse of this story: a major team disappearing in lower leagues in a matter of years. What happens really frequently is the downfall of major star players when they get old. I'm absolutely a below average football player, but I've encountered a couple of them in semi-pro matches (IE: http://www.worldfootball.net/player_summary/ruggiero-rizzitelli/, a former Serie A and Bundesliga player).

By the way, I've always sucked at FM, and reading this LP I'm discovering the reasons...great job!

• Locked thread