Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's funny that you picked a Proclaimers song as the team song because the Proclaimers already made the greatest team/racial superiority anthem in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Guitar_Hero posted:

This is an odd request, but can you nickname Mark McGrath "Glenn"? It pops into my head every time I see his name.

Really? All I can picture is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McGrath

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

According to the player of the week story, Sidney Crosby now plays football?

So does Drew Doughty.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If non-soccer and "other" costs have gone up it's likely a behind the scenes increase in overhead due to your promotion. Your staff likely have actual offices now instead of whatever barn you had them holed up in previously.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah! If you're cold just go find a sheep to throw over your shoulders!

It's the Welsh way.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

CAN YOU. BELIEVE. WHAT WE. JUST SAW.

Also, HOLY MACKINAW!

McGavin fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 26, 2014

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

B. Negotiate. Sell him to the highest bidder and use the money to mine for more diamonds in the rough.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BBCB

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This isn't exactly a political ad, but it gives a reasonable representation of the candidates in the 2008 Canadian election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hfGy_b87gI

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Canada's most "infamous" attack ad. (Edit: Chretien talks out of the side of his mouth due to Bell's palsy.)

What passes for a Canadian attack ad today.

I really feel like I'm missing out... :sigh:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 10, 2014

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Niric posted:

d) Astride a dragon, triumphantly atop a mound of battered rivals

With his arm in the air, triumphantly giving the middle finger pointed squarely in the direction of Tackleford.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Kuno posted:

Please don't gently caress up real teams to bring some fake team from a webcomic into the premier league thanks.

:siren:Arsenal supporter detected!:siren:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

1. £64.3 Million. You can't be outspent by some upstart American Ice Football League. Spend to the NHL salary cap.
2. A
3. B
4. A

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

: Cześć! We saved up Polish remittances from recent years for buying Blackburn. We couldn't miss seeing look on UKIP members faces.

Blackburn can into space?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Have some hockey gifs!

Jarkko Ruutu being Jarkko Ruutu.

It's a twin thing, you wouldn't understand.

In Sweden it's called fotboll.

The Patrik Stefan Trail of Tears.

Edit for answers:
1. 75 million: Exactly in the middle.
2. A: More seats for butts = $$$
3. Canada and Russia: Summit Series 2. Make it happen.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 11, 2014

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hunter Fisher: A True Outdoorsman

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

1: A
2: C
3: 2025

You're still the highest paid manager in the world, but you haven't won anything for us at this level. An incentive based contract seems more appropriate at this stage, and there is the potential to revisit it soon.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Daniel Tosh, Southampton's manager, still has his job despite being in the relegation zone. Again. He must have blackmail on Sky Shadowing.

He probably has a YouTube video of Sky Shadowing doing something embarassing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

The Shadowing Family has formally requested the termination of the Southampton Manager.

You've made a powerful c-list celebrity enemy today, Sky Shadowing.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

So to recap: Brazil gets to host their most hated rival playing the team that gave them possibly the greatest embarrassment in their history. This for arguably the most prestigious award in sport.

Jesus, this is so depressing for them it might as well be the movie.

My bracket had Germany beating Brazil in the finals for maximum humiliation. What actually happened is almost as good.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Looking pretty good for 62. Maurice Klein ages like wine.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Two years ago I would have accepted this. Now I can just shoo it away. Bastable is far too valuable to us, while Cardozo can certainly fill his shoes and Aarts is only a year away from being a stud in his own right it would be lunacy to sell the best striker in the world for anything less than £80m.

This £30 million mistake is coming out of your pay! :argh:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bastable: 27
Thiago: 23
+4 Bastable

-£40M habeasdorkus
:argh:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Not My Leg posted:

Grey Hunter's War in the Pacific LP had 1320 updates. That's almost 9 times the number of updates to this LP. That's not a knock on this LP, which got me to buy FM 14, it's a testament to how insane Grey's WitP LP was. He updated the war in the pacific on a day by day basis for four years.

Didn't Grey also run other LPs while he was doing the WitP LP and getting married? The man is clearly either insane or some sort of machine.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

quote:

Group A

India
Bahrain
Kuwait
Syria

Group B

Australia
Oman
China
Singapore

Group C

Japan
South Korea
Uzbekistan
North Korea

Group D

Iran
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Lebanon

Quarterfinals
Winners:

South Korea
Australia
Japan
Iran

Semifinals

Winners:

Australia
Iran

Finals

Winner: Australia
Second Place: Iran
Third Place: Japan

The Ayatollah of Screw-you-over over the regular Ayatollah.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

£175m
B
C
C

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

35 matches
+35 differential
3.5 goals/game

Adbot