Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I'd go with B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

As a Portuguese, I guess it could be worse. Germany is always tough, Ghana might be dangerous, not expecting to much from the USA.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

You thought that in 2002 too! Hah!

Shut up :negative:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Inadequately posted:

If it's not too much work, fiddle with it, play the next five games and see if you can get those ten points.

If it's too much work, ditch the lying bastards.

I agree with this, going with B.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

we'll be able to consider moving to an Italian/German/Spanish/French team.

Portugal is more major than France! :argh:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I'll go for the Red Dragons too.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I volunteer too, because why not?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Norwich is clearly the best.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Don't increase! Save the money for a good PR team or something.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

(Loudly) Our money should be used to buy start players, not bloody scouts!
(Calmly) A.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

BBBBB, I think that's the way to go without hurting to much our finances.

Average Lettuce fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 2, 2014

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, since we're going up, I'll change my vote from BBBBB to CBBBC!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Rincewind posted:

As a die-hard Bad Machinery fan I'm still kind of rooting for Tackleford. :negative:

:frogout:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

C - promotion, whatever you want, whatever you want seems fine, don't relay, let's test how much it can handle!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

84 points with 24 wins, am I being to optimistic?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Play like Barcelona: when you always have the ball, you don't need to worry about the defense.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Keep that Win-Draw-Lose ratio, it's going perfectly with my prediction!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

CCCC and I don't really have an opinion on the salaries.

Can you give my local team (Academica de Coimbra) a lot of money? If so, I'd like that :v:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Only having one player on the team of the year seems weird.

Also, hope you didn't forget my request!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

I did not. :) Academia now has 50m quid in their bank account. It's good timing, when I got to them they were in the red. Suck it, Benfica and Porto! All hail the new masters of Portugal!

:hist101: yesssss thanks!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

0, +1. It's going to be that close!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Benfica snatches the title from Sporting on the very last day in Portugal. Meanwhile, Academica got a huge cash infusion last year, but has somehow already spent it and gotten nothing for it. I'm wondering if the owner just gave it all to himself as a dividend, which if so is really too bad. Next time ask for a sheik to take over the club, Camoes.

:negative:

I had a feeling this would happen, but I don't like sheiks in my club :colbert:. I just hope they invested in youth or something.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Yeah that looks like a pretty ballin' place to take in a game.

Some information about Braga's Stadium: it was built for Euro 2004 (the game in the picture is this one: Netherlands vs Latvia). It's built on an quarry, holds 30.000 people and doesn't have stands behind the goal. It received many awards and is a pretty interesting stadium.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Twenty(20) Players.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

TorakFade posted:

Well that's not too shabby, but how are we not scoring more goals ? Is the finishing of our strikers that bad, or it's just bad morale + the higher level of play that's impacting our ability to get the ball in the net?

I think our game as been based around being fast. Harrison, as I recall, is very fast but has a very poor finnishing and last season he was already missing a lot of easy shots. He will not be better now.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Kuno posted:

Please don't gently caress up real teams to bring some fake team from a webcomic into the premier league thanks.

Meh, I agree with this. I'd prefer if we gave money to Chester (without taking from Arsenal) and be done with it. But I don't make the decisions (I should, though).

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Top 4: ManU, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal
Bottom 3: Derby, Watford, Bristol City
FA Cup: City
League Cup: Arsenal
Champions League: Man United

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Dias posted:

...and Portugal has Cristiano Ronaldo and nothing else.

This is pretty unfair. Even though Ronaldo is way better than the others, the rest of the team is pretty good. I mean, Postiga sucks and it sucks we don't have anybody better than him in his position, and maybe we should have a better man than Varela/Nani in the other wing, but the rest of the team is pretty decent (if not very deep). It's pretty much the same team from the last Euro and we were the only ones who could hold on Spain to the penaltis and had a good game against Germany. Ronaldo is the only one who can scores goals decently, but at least he has good players to serve him and a solid defense in the back.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Dias posted:

Eh, I might've been a bit too harsh, but I'm not that much of a fan of either of Portugal's starting CBs (seriously I really don't like Pepe) and the team is good-but-not-great with not a lot of depth everywhere else. It's the second-best team in that group, but not by a huge margin. Then again, I think Brazil has a weak team nowadays and people still rate it as one of the strongest squads around, so...

Pepe is not the most lovable guy, but he is pretty good at what he does. As for the rest, I mostly agree. As for Brazil, they have top tier defense and midfield but the attack is a bit poor and have a poo poo keeper. They are overhyped because of the Confederations Cup.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm not sure why the Argentine Primera only has 19 games listed for last season, but regardless of the reason Boca won. Velez finished second thanks in part to the wonderkid we just signed from them.

I'm not really sure, but I think Argentina gives a different title for the first and second half of their championship. As you can see, there is a button saying "Final Stage" so there should also be the option of "Opening Stage" or something.

Edit - Here's the opening and here's the closing of this year.

Average Lettuce fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 23, 2014

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

A:
Adv - Barcelona / Napoli
3rd - Basel
B:
Adv - Wrexham / Schalke
3rd - Marseille
C:
Adv - Milan / Bayern
3rd - Rijeka
D:
Adv - Arsenal / Benfica
3rd - Rubin
E:
Adv - Real Madrid / PSV
3rd - Anji
F:
Adv - Man Utd / Dortmund
3rd - Anderlecht
G:
Adv - Juventus / Porto
3rd - Lyon
H:
Adv - PSG Man / City
3rd - Granada

Goals: 120

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Group Stage
Group A: Brazil, Croatia
Group B: Spain, Netherlands
Group C: Colombia, Greece
Group D: Italy, England
Group E: Switzerland, France
Group F: Argentina, Bosnia
Group G: Germany, Portugal
Group H: Russia, Belgium

Knockout Round
Brazil over Netherlands
Spain over Croatia
England over Colombia
Italy over Greece
Bosnia over Switzerland
Argentina over France
Germany over Belgium
Portugal over Russia

Quarterfinals
Brazil over England
Spain over Italy
Germany over Bosnia
Portugal over Argentina

Semifinals
Brazil over Germany
Portugal over Spain

Final
Portugal over Brasil

Portugal will score some beautiful 8 goals.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

That's the most American choice of Gifs you could have made :colbert:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

A Tartan Tory posted:

Well, considering England won it in 2014 in this game, I have to say it's clear FIFA isn't corrupt, because Blatter would NEVER allow England to win a World Cup considering their FA's personal opposition to him.

That's why Qatar wins all the world cups!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Now build a reserve team with only american players so you can control their development!

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Congratulations on the case not on the World Cup though :colbert:

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

CAAAB

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Trundel posted:

Have you provided a link for the Twitch account yet?

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm sad to say that I'm only going to liveblog the match. I'll be doing that tomorrow at 3pm EST.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

1. Argentina
2. England
3. Mexico
4. Portugal
5. Uruguay
6. Wales
7. France
8. Germany
9. Colombia
10. Spain

Tie Breaker: $105m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh no! I believe we have an Academia supporter amongst our readers. I regret to inform them that they've been relegated.

NOOOOOOOO!!! Delete this post, end the LP, nothing to see here, move along.

Anyways, at least I'm happy to see that Mourinho won the Champions League (yeah, I wanted him to win it, what are you gonna do about it? :colbert: )

• Locked thread