Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

habeasdorkus posted:

If England doesn't go out on penalties in the quarterfinals I'm returning this game as busted.

Every time. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beru04
May 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

I've decided to do the next match, against Tackleford, as a Guardian style Minute-By-Minute. I'll be starting at 7pm EST on Thursday the 19th, it should take about an hour and 45 minutes to play. Feel free to drop by and make snide comments.

If we're doing this right, we'll need twitter hashtags and reporters at the ground!

beru04
May 4, 2013

Thank god for that goal. Bit of breathing room now :D

EDIT: @77' Remember who the real enemy is Brown!

beru04 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 20, 2013

beru04
May 4, 2013

We're gonna win the cup! (Side note: You should live-report the draw after this :P)

beru04
May 4, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

Money is nice, but the game is about glory. How many cups are we still in?

All of them. He's left out the part where Wrexham won :smuggo:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Keep it safe, go with 50,000 increase

beru04
May 4, 2013

(Assertively) Now is the best time to recruit, ahead of the March youth intake. But let's stay grounded, these kids need the best coaches we can find as well, so B and don't make us regret this. Find some Welsh superstars!

beru04
May 4, 2013

(All of the) Bubbles!

beru04
May 4, 2013

rizzen posted:

Calling it that for November 24th, the day we play Moneyford City at home, that the pitch will be garbage condition.

That or the Tackleford fans riot and tear up the pitch after all of the Wrexham players rub their balls on Tackleford shirts they swapped for, after we win :smug:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Who cares for tiki taka. I bet they couldn't do it on a wet, cold Tuesday night in Wrexham!

beru04
May 4, 2013

beru04 posted:

That or the Tackleford fans riot and tear up the pitch after all of the Wrexham players rub their balls on Tackleford shirts they swapped for, after we win :smug:

:doh:

beru04
May 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Our fixture list is thankfully uncrowded

*Plays Tackleford two days after Accrington*

Uncrowded... except for the biggest one!

beru04
May 4, 2013

Ten points behind 7th, 14 games to go...

We can still be promoted I say! :hist101:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Scunthorpe. Christ, what an unfortunately named town.

If I recall correctly from last week, the joke goes "Scunthorpe are one of the three English football teams with a swear word in their name, along with Arsenal and Tackleford loving City." :woop:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Well, as a Villa fan, these are the chants I've enjoyed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwY8SrxiP4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYCZHRIgYkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnYloe5rhw

beru04
May 4, 2013

£950 is fine
2 Years
Not fussed about set pieces - B
All the Youth! - A

beru04
May 4, 2013

Hooray for slightly better results against Tackleford!

10 points, 5 games? I still believe! :dance:

Anyway.

Let's Team President This! If I had a pet dragon, I would totally go BBC's Merlin and just occasionally summon the dragon to destroy teams who are cheating us out of victory (too often have I been burned by the stupid AI in this game) and on one day per year let children ride the dragon at the Wrexham fête.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Dekko posted:

Basically what I'm saying is we should have more games like the one I was at last night: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/aston-villa-4-west-brom-3/

:swoon: That game was awesome, and I danced a little when Soccer Special cut back to Benteke putting us 4-3 up

beru04
May 4, 2013

I've been getting really good results for the last two games with a 4-2-2-1-1 deep system, where you run with 2 DM's, both wide midfielders (ML and MR) and an attacking mid up the centre supporting the striker.

Generally the plan is to make one DM a BWM and the other a BBM to just fill out the centre spot a little bit more, the central defenders are a BPD playing cover, and a Limited Defender playing the stopper. Fullbacks are in basic wingback roles, so not complete, but a bit more than usual. Set the lone striker to a complete forward to hopefully make him link up a bit more with the AMC, and the AMC can run whatever suits your players best.

It works nicely with a counter mentality, and if you have the team pass the ball to feet, there generally tends to be a good bit of pressure you can build up around the middle and with the striker occasionally coming deeper to play the ball off and around, the defense sometimes don't see it coming.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Revenant Threshold posted:

One of the things I really hate that would be so easy to fix is the game constantly going back to your terrible, old players for media quotes. No, FM, I don't care what a guy who played for us in the conference thinks about our Champion's League draw.
Ok, let's see, going purely by the names...

Neymar, Bale we know, Muller, Messi, Ronaldo, not a clue who Rezic might be Ibrahimovic?

I'm betting Ibra is retired, or very close to by now. Rezic may be Kovacic?

beru04
May 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

They had a pretty serious swoon that saw them bottom out in 20th place after 16 games, but they've recovered somewhat to get back to the mid-table. They're still only six points from the relegation zone, but also seven points from a playoff spot, so either could happen. I think we'll see them next season in League One.

Also, if we get to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final I'm going to liveblog it.

Awesome! Do we get Wembley ticket revenue from the JPT?

beru04
May 4, 2013

All the A!

And looking forward to the live blog, there's no chance down the road that it could turn into a livestream is there?

beru04
May 4, 2013

We can't win them all, but the team need a kick up the backside ahead of the closing stages of the promotion push!

beru04
May 4, 2013

BBBC for sure, and a 3 year contract, £1,050per week, 10% and 20%

beru04
May 4, 2013

Well, Villa are relegated, better redo that whole season. :colbert:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Hey habeas, what did the Villa team look like? Did they still have any of their alternate-universe counterparts?

beru04
May 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Just an aging Agbonlahor and Leandro Bacuna, from what I can tell.

Darn. Well, it's usually a bloody miracle if Villa keep hold of Benteke past the first summer.

beru04
May 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, I get that feeling too.

Oh, you sonnuvabitch. This time it's personal :argh:

beru04
May 4, 2013

+6 and -1

beru04
May 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Since we're also talking about sports things that have caused us pain, there's the time I was tossing some batting practice before a softball game when I was a summer clerk in Philadelphia. The biggest guy on the team is up, and clobbers the ball. Directly at my ankle.

I didn't break anything, and it wasn't too bad for the rest of the day (I still played in the game, even though I was pretty hobbled), but I could barely walk for a week. Not so much humiliation as just sheer "owww."

Hey I have one of those!

Unlike you, I actually broke the bottom of my leg on this one. I had lined up as receiver in American Football, and the ball was thrown towards me. Unfortunately it was a bit underthrown, so I was reaching behind me to catch it and the lineman covering me (it was only a quick out play) went over me to break it up. Long story short, big fat lineman flattened me and cause I was reaching backwards, my ankle was not in a happy place, and it wound up broken.

The kicker was that this was 5 minutes before the end of the game... and it was only a pre-season scrimmage. Missed the rest of the season :(

beru04
May 4, 2013

You guys aren't thinking big enough. When we win the Champions League three times in a row, we're going to have legions of glory hunters coming to our sold out games every week!

beru04
May 4, 2013

Negotiate!

e: Try to get as much money as you can for him, but make sure that loanback clause is in there!

beru04
May 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, we often see players in real life choose to go to a bigger club where they're a squad player rather than to the club where they'd be starting 11. I find it pretty realistic. I think a lot of them might have an inflated sense of their own worth.

*cough*Scott Sinclair*cough*

beru04
May 4, 2013

Nine seems fine.

beru04
May 4, 2013

tarbrush posted:

It does result in awful awful decisions such as a couple of weeks ago, when Sky had picked (long in advance) to show an Aston Villa v Norwich game which was absolutely loving dreadful, while Liverpool and Swansea had a 4-3 thriller that wasn't broadcast.

Hey, the Villa v Norwich game was last weekend and it resulted in a wonderful 5 goal first half! You're thinking of the other Villa game that was on TV, against Newcastle, buddy!

Seriously though, Villa have 5 TV games in a row, not that I'm complaining...

beru04
May 4, 2013

Samael posted:

As a Coventry City fan, I greatly resent this, though I don't mind it when they get crushed. :getin:

As a Villa fan living in Leicester... You must hate me! :stonk:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Just you wait and see, MailChat is going to be a thing, and it is going to spell the end of everything...

beru04
May 4, 2013

My only worry with getting promoted this year, which is a concern in general but may be sped up if we're promoted, is if we go straight back down and some of the key players get restless and want to leave. It happens way too often, and I don't want to lose Meteor :ohdear:

beru04
May 4, 2013

:stonk:

Habe, you are incredible.

I expect nothing less than the league this year. :colbert:

Also. Do Derby still have alt!Will Hughes?

beru04
May 4, 2013

Yo, clearly Wrexham need some street cred, and I bring that to the game, with my handily placed 'yo' at the start of the sentence. Director me up in this place. :dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beru04
May 4, 2013

drat, you've got me remembering my first wonderkid. Good 'ole Freddy Adu, hard to believe it's been nearly 10 years since the first Football Manager game... (since the CM/FM split, which was when I got into the game)

• Locked thread