Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Is the recurring problem with botching chances your guys should have capitalized on a hidden stat issue, a "the computer hates the human player" issue, or something that you're actually likely to see in real-life top-level soccer?

Kind of sorry I didn't make it to this thread in time to throw my hand into the voting, though; I probably wouldn't have won, but if I had then we'd have been looking at the Vatican getting a team next year. Or Arsenal getting an utterly terrible owner who would be impossible to unseat.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible as a league team to schedule friendlies against national teams? When next season rolls round, it might be amusing to go and humiliate entire countries on their home turf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Does the game have a historical database as well?

It could be amusing to create an all-star team by picking the best players of all time and then having them roam the world demolishing lesser teams like a soccer equivalent of the memetic Harlem Globetrotters.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Just thought I'd mentioned that you missed a bet when naming a facility after Justin Bailey.

It should have been the Justin Bailey Swim Center and Aquatherapy Clinic.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So is there some hidden variable that tells the refs to screw the human player whenever possible?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
How well does the game represent travel time to and from matches?

I ask because it might be interesting if, for next year's pre-season, you hit the USA to show us what English football looks like.

And then maybe visit some of the other erstwhile possessions. Call it the British Empire Memorial Tour.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

habeasdorkus posted:

Eh, I'm taking AJ_Impy's statements with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure you could get me on as great a torrent of vitriol about the New York Yankees if you caught me at the right moment.

After 2004, you have no right to ever complain about the Yankees again.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Insertnamehere31 posted:

How did you not sell out a Champion's League Quarterfinal game against Real Fuckin' Madrid? Are the tickets really so expensive that the good people of Wrexham and/or northern Wales not want to see you beat one of the most prestigious teams in the world in the biggest club competition in the world?

In-universe, there were probably seats reserved for RM supporters to purchase, and some of those didn't sell.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

habeasdorkus posted:

Pfft, Brady is the best. At least when he's not up against Eli loving Manning. Ugh. I hate the lovely Manning. At least Peyton I can respect for being one of if not the best QB of all time. Eli is just the worst.

Anyways, the Patriots are never going to win again with Brady. It's a pity, I really wanted him to get that fourth ring :(. Still three more than Laserface Rivers will ever have.

18-1, baby. 18-1. :smuggo:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
£100 million

Yes to stadium expansion, call it the Simpson Block.

US, Australia.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So I take it you're not going to be letting Bastable or Mujkic play for Australia ever again?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
A, B, 2031, and stop losing critical matches to lovely teams. :argh:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
B. Time to start making the US into a proper soccer football nation.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
CAAAA

Gotta embezzle spend money to make money to embezzle, as the saying goes.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Please tell me that next season we'll start getting refs who pull poo poo like that in our favor, instead of the usual "gently caress Wrexham in the final minutes" refs.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
WE PREPARED FOR TROUBLE
AND GOT THE DOUBLE
TO PROTECT WELSH FOOTY FROM HUMILIATION
TO UNITE THE FANS WITHIN OUR NATION
TO DEFEAT THE EVILS OF MAN U AND MAN CITY
TO MAKE TACKLEFORD FEEL REAL loving lovely
RED!
DRAGONS!
TEAM WREXHAM KICKS OFF AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT
THEY'RE ALL GETTING DRUNK FOR FREE TONIGHT

Scott Brown's all right

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 28, 2014

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Don't you mean couldn't afford?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

AJ_Impy posted:

How much would we need to channel from the embezzlement account unlock for you to be able to do this?

Weren't you planning on using that on guys to go out and kneecap Arsenal players?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
25 for Rocky, 19 for Thiago, Rocky +6

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I vote Dreamsicle. We won't be playing this game forever, so we might as well break some megabastards while we're here.

The relevant question then becomes who's next on the hit list once AJ Impy's final promise is fulfilled. Obliterate Man U and Man City, or crush PSG and Real Madrid?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Dreamsicle. I want a set of megabastard heads mounted over the entrance to the Racecourse Grounds, and he seems like the man to deliver them.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
£120 million, because if I know one thing about budgets it's that whatever amount is requested is always a bit more than the amount they'd be perfectly happy with. Spend the rest on improving our facilities to world-class.

C. We need both, so we might as well go for it. China, India or Brazil would be our best bets for our profile-raising club, I think. Put our feeder club in the Balearics, they're practically English anyway.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Well, maybe next year we won't flame out of a competition in utterly humiliating fashion. Still waiting on that real triple or quadruple, you know.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Obviously whoever wins this year's boon should use it to turn the Son of Brown into a nightmare on the pitch.

Or the guy who won last year's boon should do it. I don’t think he’s cashed it in yet.

Alternatively, it could be used to magically accelerate the construction of our new stadium.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Whatever budget allows us to take option D.

Option D: Do both. We'll just have to tighten our belts and embezzle less money this year.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Dreamsicle posted:

We should start naming stands. Obviously Meteor Stand and Scottish Sharpshooter Stand will be going up.

Well, the Stand behind our goal would obviously be Wrexham is the Name, but what would be appropriate songs for the others?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
It looks like it might be time to start arranging unfortunate accidents for certain referees.

Please tell me that Chelsea lost the Champions League final after that bullshit match, at least.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Brony Hunter has my vote, although I do think he should consider Serperoth's suggestion for the statues. Perhaps have them lining the approach to the new stadium, with the God-King's statue as the centerpiece of the plaza directly before the entrance?

EDIT: Also, an alternate name for the stadium, assuming Google translate hasn't failed me: Efail Dreigiau, the Dragons' Forge. Because as awesome as the Red Keep reference is, it's inevitable that everyone will end up pronouncing it as Castle Cock. And because I couldn't find any decent synonyms for either "(some shade of) red" or "furnace/crucible" that weren't obviously just English words with a few letters changed to make them Welsh.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 21, 2014

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So would that make it a viable strategy to deliberately sabotage your runs in those competitions until your team is deep enough to handle them?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So how much of the economy of this world's Wrexham do you think is related to football at this point?

Heck, you might even be justified in modding the in-game population of the region up by a smidge.

As for Thiago's chant...

"He's our ace in the hole,
Bearing down on their goal,
The man we call Thiago!

While the other teams curse,
He loads their dreams in the hearse
The striker named Thiago!

Thiago, Thiago, he's a wizard with the ball!
Thiago, Thiago, with his boot he'll crush them all!"

Sung to the tune of the Zorro theme song.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Gonna suggest something a tad different for our budget woes: somebody use their boon to alter the population figures for our region in FM. Obviously we still wouldn't have the same sort of numbers as the Manchester or London teams, but between the decade of football greatness and the millions of dollars being added to the local economy directly by the club (to say nothing of the secondary effects as the money and jobs ripple outwards), I'd say an extra ten or twenty thousand people in the region might be a possibility.

On a somewhat related note, when is the new stadium finally going to be done? The massive loan to build it can't be helping our debt situation.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So has any IRL European football team ever managed the double-double?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Sky Shadowing posted:

I just think there's a delay in the feed.

Now if you'll excuse me my TV has just stared bleeding, I need to call a repairman.

Is it a Sony? If so, I'm pretty sure that's under warranty.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

And here I thought it was going to be the Germans suplexing the Brazilian team instead.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

whowhatwhere posted:

That's what I mean, keep at Wrexham to develop American prospects. Don't leave yourself at the mercy of MLS!

Why not just take over an MLS team and handle things personally?

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
Something funny I just noticed after going back for a reread: the very first game played in the LP, before habeas even got control of Tackleford's schedule, was a friendly against Wrexham. Tackleford lost 5-0. So the LP truly has come full-circle.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
"And when he saw the breadth of his domain he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

It's been one hell of a ride.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Dias posted:

Hey, I got the boon! Yaaaay!

...I have no idea what to do with it tho. Maybe Scott Brown would enjoy a tropical landscape? I'll have to think about it.

Turn the Son of Brown into a wonderkid.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
It's starting to sound like the only way you're going to get enough control of your players to keep the game from screwing you is to take over a club in the MLS and use it to train your World Cup team.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
So how 'bout that 2nd Brexit? I think it's been nearly a thousand years since England was last ravaged that badly by Norsemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

JustJeff88 posted:

I take it that you didn't see the England/Iceland euro match today?

That was the 2nd Brexit I was referring to.

• Locked thread