Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
C. The one thing that this club needs is more money circulating and staying out of the greedy governments hands. If you want to spend more then you are asking for go ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

The NIT field consists of the teams who just barely missed out on at-large bids in the NCAA field and teams that won their regular season championship but not their tournament championship. For small schools this is still a huge accomplishment, for bigger, more prestigious schools... not so much. It's 32 teams, and the finals are held at Madison Square Garden.

Imagine the laughs Man U would receive if next year they lost in the first round of the Europa League (they are in that right?). A Megabastard losing in an under-tournament is like what Kentucky did 2 years ago, with a team some "experts" claimed could go undefeated, but didn't make March Madness, went to very small school Robert Morris in the NIT, and lost by 2. Yes Kentucky did have an injury to one of the best players in the nation at the time, but they have/had as much depth as the MegaBastard clubs in Futbol.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

I'm not the only one who sees us 2 points back from Man City with the last game of the season having them coming to our house? Am I smelling two trophies this year?

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

You guys are all going small scale, I trust our manager 80 million pounds, ABA. To fight all the Megabastards become a more sensible version of one.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

A. Barcelona, Napoli; 3rd Basel
B. Wrexham, Marseille; 3rd Valencia
C. FC Bayern, Milan; 3rd Videoton
D. Arsenal, Rubin; 3rd Benfica
E. Real Madrid, PSV; 3rd Anji
F. ManU, Dortmund; 3rd Karpaty
G. Juventes, Porto; 3rd Rangers
H. Man City, PSG; 3rd Granada

Tie Breaker: 168 goals for Wrexham

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

An amazing touchdown by a non-amazing person

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

My predictions for the contest.

edit: Oh and if my version of FM 14 is correct then the final is England 2-1 Over Aregentina, but no one actually thinks that is possible do they?

Sicke fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 12, 2014

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

The star ratings given here are based upon the US staff evaluation, and not compared to Wrexham players. I've ordered my Wrexham scouting department to pour over every American or person with American eligibility in an effort to get us better/more accurate information.
So wait you mean to tell me that you, a good patriotic American, haven't fully scooped out America looking for amazing talents for your club?

Sicke fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 21, 2014

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

B. We have all that transfer money burning a hole in our pocket, so why not.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Talking about stadiums with a person from Boston just hurts as an American. Fenway has been there forever and has probably been payed off many hunderds of times even after all the renovations, Gillette was financed by the Kraft family for almost the entire thing, and TD Garden was only 160 million to build. Compare that to the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara for the 49ers, in which the town had to take out 850 Million in loans to pay for the stadium.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

The Bastard scores 20 goals (some sort of injury) while Thiago scores 23 so +3 Thiago

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Dreamsicle The MLK picture is to strong

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Scott Scott on Newcastle isn't he one of the players that you made from an end of season contest?

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

If you think a tape delay on the East Coast is bad, the one here on the west is worse. When you try your hardest to see the results as a surprise and then some east coast relative posts on Facebook about how great it is some person or other one a gold. 3 hours before you can see it live.

habeasdorkus posted:

They stream basically everything, so you've always got live stuff to watch, and they almost always have live coverage of events on their family of networks (the only time anyone ever tunes in to CNBC is during the Olympics). The prime-time coverage is schmaltzy and never covers anything other than Americans winning medals (and Usain Bolt) but if you're watching the primetime coverage you're not following the Olympics that closely. Although I might be a bit more hardcore than most people about this,

I remember watching the Track events in the middle of the day on actual NBC and the coverage actually talked about how the medal round was coming up next,... and up next was the qualifying heat for one of the longer events.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

160 Million
B (As long as it is not Shirra)
C
D

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Should we expect an update anytime soon or are you like the rest of the Bostonians going on a week or two long bender?

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm postponing the champions league final, as my computer has died. Hopefully a new power cord will fix the problem, otherwise this lp will come to an unexpected and unplanned pause.

You have it saved somewhere else, do you not?

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

TheMcD posted:

Sod that, I've got my own plans. The only question is how far habeasdorkus is willing to implement them.

EDIT: :getin:

You could do a big favor to the USMNT by giving them some wonderful 18 year old.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

I think this game is happy I came back from FM15

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Name the stadium The God King's Playground

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

35 games
+ 120 GD
4.5 goals per game

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Something for people to think about now that the LP is alive again and most people have caught up reading. I'd like to set up a Goon Cup for this summer's update, with people using their own teams in a single elimination contest. So I'd like to gauge people's interests for one that'd run in 2-3 weeks.

I have a team that at least wouldn't get me outright destroyed so I'd like to take part

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

How do you do it Habeas?

I was just offered the US job.
The goal win the World Cup.
Current rank 64th in the world
Oh and the World cup is the next season
Only reason they are in is because of hosting it

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Just to make sure The Goon Cup is a one game single elimination right?

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Good game johnfw50.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Welp that means that there will be atleast one Orange team in the Finals

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Dispersal posted:

Orange supremacy.

I won't be around at all tomorrow, Sicke, but I'm pretty flexible Wednesday and Thursday.

I am good for Wednesday anytime after Champions League is done for the day, and on Thursday 11 AM to 1:30 PM PST

Sicke fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 24, 2015

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

In the Goon Cup

I got demolished by Dispersal and it wasn't even close

Luton 5-1 Barnet

Sicke fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 25, 2015

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

SkySteak posted:

Hey Football Manager 2015 is 66% off currently. Is it worth picking up? I see a lot of the top reviews are rather damming toward the game itself. Did they fix those issues and is it worth picking up over 14? Just asking here as it feels like there is no other thread?

Personally I like 2014 better but, 2015 has some good and bad points. If you like the Football Manager series buy it; if you don't just play 2014, and wait for 2016 to go on sale.

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

JustJeff88 posted:

Is FM2015 not very good? It is on special on Steam this weekend, but I noticed that it only has a 75% approval rating from about 3,500 reviews. This isn't terrible, but it's hardly a ringing endorsement for the most recent instalment of a rather beloved franchise - any thoughts?

Its a FM game. Besides experiencing quite a few more injuries, and not being able to climb as fast , compared to FM2014, I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

What in the world is wrong with Xavier Hughes pace? How can you be 3 stars with 9 pace?

• Locked thread