Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Finally caught up with this thread and I've been extremely entertained. I hope this LP goes on forever or at least until you get a quadruple (Wrexham triple plus a Brown led team wining the World Cup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Before I make a decision, I must know the salaries of the managers on clubs closest to you on the table. i want my vote to be as informed as possible.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So 2 Questions about this LP and one about the game.

Game Question:
Is the game really as bad as some people say? From what I've seen so far, fan reaction has been mixed and without this LP, I wouldn't have considered getting this.

LP Questions:
1)When will it be necessary to get a new stadium? This probably isn't good enough resarch, but a quick enough glance at Wikipedia states that only 2 stadiums ever used in the Premier League are smaller than the Racecourse Grounds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_stadiums

2) What the hell did Man U do to get 100 points? It just seems way too much even for a club of that stature especially since at the moment I can count the number of clubs to finish over 90 points with one hand.

EDIT: Wrong link

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 29, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Brony Hunter posted:

The thing about stadium size is Wrexham is a small town of only roughly 42,000 people. Some of the larger stadiums in the league have a higher capacity than Wrexham's entire population. Even if you consider the surrounding villages and towns, there's only so much fans you can have.

I'm just assuming that at some point a lot of more people outside Wales will attend in the future if Wrexham has several years of high play (Champions League wins/FA Cup Wins etc). I'm not proposing a massive increase, maybe an increase to 20-26 thousand capacity. Of course, the fact we're located in Wales might drive some people away.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Apr 29, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Thanks for the responses. I have one more question

Obviously there are plenty of guides for FM but is there a team or at least league that will let me experiment with those guidelines with little risk? Think of Ireland in CK2.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So what are the other factors in getting approval for stadiums besides capacity used? Maybe if you got into the Europa League they would have approved the request.

In any case, all I hope is that this gets written in as a bad dream or something cheesy like that.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So how much is still salvageable via editing? I don't want the LP to end like this.

If you keep going and not go back to the beginning of last season, I'm going to imagine that you got attacked by Tackleford supporters and was put in a coma for several months.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

C A B A

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I just noticed you won more money for finishing 7th than Man U winning the League last year. How does prize money scale as the years go on?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

On related news, Football Manager 2014 is $17 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESN8YGW/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Now that I got FM 2014 and the first then I realize is that I don't know where to begin. I just feel so overwhelmed by everything I'm not sure what the first order of business should be as a new manager. I know to start with the guides but I'm not sure what I should do first.

Basically what I want is a flowchart of what to do before, during and after a season. I'll study how to do those things in the guide.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I thought he'd be sated if Wrexham at least makes it to the Europa League. Now I know you know more than we do about Wrexham's standing in the table, but right now I'm highly confident we can get there and hopefully extend his contract.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Out of curiosity what was Wrexham's record in the 2013-14 season? I know you're predecessor was sacked, but I want to know just how badly he did the season before.

Also is Man U's manager still AU Moyes?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 10, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

B. I believe that spending money will help us stay in Champions League contention, but I want our club to have enough money for a big offseason to fund a deep Champions League run.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Meanwhile in OTL Wrexham: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-27408692

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

drat the top 4 spots are super crowded. The fact that we're only 5 points out of first keeps feeding my delusions that Wrexham could win the league.

Also because I was in :spergin: mode, I noticed that you keep typing 2020 even though its 2021 now. Just saying.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So in the future, what kind of special name will they give to Tackleford's firing of Scott Brown?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Are you going to do a minute-by-minute of the FA Cup final?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Out of curiosity, how do you get out of the Champions League once you're in it for EPL teams? I'm hoping there's more to it than just finishing below 4th in the EPL.

For example, Man City goes to the knockout round of the CL but finish 5th in the EPL. Are they still in?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 20, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Sky Shadowing posted:

They run concurrently. You get into the Champions League for next season only by finishing 4+. If you finish below that season, unless you win the Champions League (also called 'Chelsea loving Tottenham'), you do not get back in the next year.

You get knocked out of the Group Stages by finishing either 3 or 4. If you finished 3 you go to the knockout stages of the Europa League. If you finish 4 your European tour is over.

Ah, I just wanted to make sure about where you needed to finish in the CL before you get to stay in spite of finishing below 4th.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

Nope, only made it to the Round of 16, after finishing 3rd in a group of 4.

I thought they went to the QF in 2002.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

But wasn't his wife the one who brought that satellite down?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

83 Million A B A

Yes I'm extremely confident in our club.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 21, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I hope that the conclusion to the Kropotkin conspiracy ends with a Pedigree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKUokfgSRg&t=38s

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

It's fun rereading this LP and looking back on the fantastic moments during the rise to glory.

This quote is also pretty good.

habeasdorkus posted:

14': Eustace Boyce writes from Tackleford "Brown got sacked because he was the type of guy like AVB who promises the moon if you give him a Ferrari and then proceeds to drive it like a yugo. Wrexham may field a good team while they have him but they'll never become real contenders."

EDIT: Also what the gently caress happened with Team USA? I wanted to see you lead them to victory in the World Cup drat it. Oh well I know what I'll do if I win the God competition.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 26, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So when do we get a new TV deal? As far as I know it's still the same as your first year (42.48 Million)

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Group A: Barca and Napoli Advance, Basel 3rd
Group B: Wrexham and Valencia Advance, Schalke 3rd
Group C: Bayern Munich and Milan advance, Rijeka 3rd
Group D: Arsenal and Benefica advance, Rubin 3rd
Group E: Real Madrid and PSV advance, Anji 3rd
Group F: United and Dortmund advance, Anderlecht 3rd
Group G: Juventus and Porto advance, Rangers 3rd
Group H: PSG and Man City advance, Granada 3rd

Wrexham scores 156 goals.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Out of curiosity, what are Tackleford's transfer/wages compared with the rest of the Champions League? I'm hoping they're spending is in the top 5 since it means they might not get relegated again and thus we can knock the crap out of them in the future.

EDIT: Also how much has Rouissi improved since this image during the Champion's League season?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 30, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Oh crap we're going to the Europa League. I really hope we knocked around Blackburn and West Brom.

EDIT: Well maybe. I thought the Valencia game was new. Still not good though.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 07:07 on May 30, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Not sure if this was posted here but I just came across this video today and I want to thank SkyShadowing and AJ_Impy for being better than guy. At least Wrexham somehow managed to benefit or at least not get hurt from Sky's embezzlement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbvYTZcZ9c

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 30, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Well what we need is to send our most promising prospects for Eurodisney training. We sent the Meteor and Shirra there and look where they are now!

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

When finding staff or players, is the enabling remove unrealistic transfers 100% accurate or are there some who can fall through the cracks?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

KKKLIP ART posted:

Is there some sort of Football Manager for Dummies out there that will help a rookie out? This looks like it could be a fun game but the learning curve seems crazy.

Currently I'm using this to help me out: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The only result I don't like now that I looked at it again is the Schalke loss. I'm not liking our chances of taking 3 or even 1 from them after a flight to Germany.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Habeaus, if you decide to get FM15, is it possible to import the databases or at least the save into FM15 and continue the LP there? I'm worried that the LP could end when FM15 gets released.

Also, I'm an idiot and I have no idea who your avatar is. Who is it?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 3, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

KDavisJr posted:

It's the the Wrexham Logo (the team he's coaching). It's okay, since we rarely see the logo.

No I mean his character avatar which is:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Ah, I haven't watched GoT and my progress in reading the books has stalled and I forgot where I was. Still, hearing he's called the Kingslayer makes it weird for me since I just associated Brown with the King of Kings, Triple H.

If Sky Shadowing in-game avatar wasn't Shane McMahon I would be more ashamed with making wrestling associations.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 3, 2014

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I might be wrong, but aren't TV games selected before the season begins? If so, then that may be why since the reputation may still have been slightly too low to air most of Wrexham's games in spite of the increased reputation as the season wore on.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So if Wrexham scores 157 goals who wins?

Yes I saw the calculations live. I wanted to make sure I got Marseille correct but then I saw you adding the scores.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

So if I do manage to win the contest, what requests are off limits? I currently have 4 possible ones to go with and they will alter the narrative.

• Locked thread