Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Former Lurker Reply

This LP got me interested enough to buy Football Manager 14 and I ended up sinking a retarded ammount of time into it. I think the highlight of my career was winning the MLS Cup/CONCAF/Supporters Shield/US Open Cup and finally the Club World Championship as Seattle :/ , even though I did win the Champions League later as CSKA Moscow (weird story started my career as Luch Energiya so I had Russian ties I was mostly just amused by the concept of a Russian team on the pacific coast playing in Europe, then moved to Ipswich then onto my lovely Seattle stint, then Moscow then retirement).

I am glad Seattle was the second USA team to win CONCAF (drat you Portland) and they seem to be doing okay... also holy crap Montreal Dynasty seriously?

Also wow the USA really is crap in your game... my case (post 2014 update patch) the USA managed to be awesome despite an alternate group draw (Mali, Portugal, Spain) Brad Guzan managed 3 shutouts. We also finished first in the group, made it to the Round of 16 and beat Ghana in another shutout (we can never not play them apparently)before losing in the QF to Italy on Pk's (Who later beat France to win the 2014 WC). The USA continued its dominance and managed to win the Copa America in 2016 which was awesome... and the USA pretty much stomped its way up and pushed into the top 8 teams in the world (5th), behind only Spain/Germany/Italy and Brazil.

Also BBAAA

Out of curiosity does Wrexham recruit Welsh Youth or English youth?? in my game the coach of Swansea was being criticized and eventually was fired for not having enough Englishmen on the team.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jul 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The goalkeeping in those highlights was just... well "lol"

Seriously now congratulations.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

(Assertively) Now that the bastard is gone its time for you to give America a chance! I demand you sign the best American forward no matter what better options might exist! I didn't trade a Welshman 100 sheep for their membership card for you not to play an American support your country Brown.

Seriously though, while alot of American players might not be in the upper tier of EPL players you could probably sign a decent amount of depth players/rotation and then sell them out to other smaller EPL or other top league clubs and boost the pool of American talent.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Sicke posted:

Talking about stadiums with a person from Boston just hurts as an American. Fenway has been there forever and has probably been payed off many hunderds of times even after all the renovations, Gillette was financed by the Kraft family for almost the entire thing, and TD Garden was only 160 million to build. Compare that to the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara for the 49ers, in which the town had to take out 850 Million in loans to pay for the stadium.

Yeah I watched the Sounders / San Jose Game

and that stadium seemed err... well expensive I mean it looked like half of the stadium were suites for all them executives who want to enjoy their sports in the comfort of A/C and catering. Also I feel it looks really ugly ,but whatever

But on Minnesota I think its going to be a tossup between Sacramento or Minnesota for the "final" (24th) of the MLS Expansions

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 4, 2014

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

habeasdorkus posted:

I've always figured that when there's a US game and a Wrexham game at the same time there's the real me at one match and a hologram version at the other. I'm sure it gets confusing when I'm yelling at the players from the technical area or trying to give two pep talks at the same time, though.

Yeah this game handles travel badly... the stupidest I ever saw was in 9 days as the Sounders I flew from Seattle to Honduras for a CCL game, up to Boston to play the NER and then down to LA to play Chivas USA. :suicide:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

One thing on Scotland v Wales Final in the Euro's in FM14 Scotland seems to get stupidly good. In my long-run FM14 game a year ago the 2026 Worldcup final in the USA was Scotland v America. I clawed through Spain & Brazil while Scotland took out Italy and Germany which surprised the hell out of me. Both teams lucked out and produced Messi level talent players, I think the MLS academies were bugged somehow because I checked players in the out of game editor and the average player on my world cup team was on skill parwise to Dempsey & Donovan, and my star CB/DM had a CA of like 190 which was crazy. Scotland had some crazy numb. 10 who was a star player at Madrid.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

In a strange way I think Football Manager semi-actually accurately portrays America's hosed up development system, it seems every regen intake year all the lovely PDL/MLS Academies/Other spawn something like 10-20 guys with a potential ability of 150+ (What Donovan or Dempsey were). The problem starts though as they all play for these terrible unsimmed teams so they only marginally develop until they hit 22 and get drafted by an MLS team who never plays them because they are worse than what they can find around the league (until the existing players retire). So they bounce around waiver lists until they retire, or they get good enough to earn starts, but by then they are 28 and its too late for them to fulfill their sweet starting EPL player potential.

• Locked thread