Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
That's alright man, Can-Am is too powerful for YouTube.

I'm in the channel again watching some BMB5150 stuff if anyone wants in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

That's alright man, Can-Am is too powerful for YouTube.

I'm in the channel again watching some BMB5150 stuff if anyone wants in.

Good news, it has gone through. Right now it's in private mode so links to it won't work, but when you guys want to watch it, give me a yell (try skype) and I can come in and watch. Best time would be Saturday during the day since I'll be painting my Can-Am picture.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm hopping in for god knows what tonight.

Maybe some early 80's Cup superspeedway action.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Viking or if anyone else wants to. I'm in the room and down to watch the can-am movie I uploaded. I'll wait for you guys.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ok, my Weds. thing again. Tonight starting at 7pm EST I'm gonna screen the Can-Am movie BMB graciously uploaded, then after that it's a free-for-all, maybe taking requests.

Be there or be not-a-nerd.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Ok, my Weds. thing again. Tonight starting at 7pm EST I'm gonna screen the Can-Am movie BMB graciously uploaded, then after that it's a free-for-all, maybe taking requests.

Be there or be not-a-nerd.

Phoneix USAC/CART/IRL maybe?

since we're kind of discussing it in the Indy thread?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hell yes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'll be in in a bit.

Also, here's a link for those like me who are too lazy to click the mouse to go to the OP: http://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

FuzzySkinner posted:

Phoneix USAC/CART/IRL maybe?

since we're kind of discussing it in the Indy thread?

You better get on fuzzy it's time.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I don't know if you guys knew this before, but USAC are morons. I know that might come across as a huge shock to you all.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They did it that way to allow teams time to repair their cars, considering it wiped out the field save Irwin and Stewart.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in here watching sprintcars, it owns.

e- now the 1970 Indy 500

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 14, 2013

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm in, putting up random stuff.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Well, since we got like 18" of snow since Sunday, the sale at the auction tomorrow is gonna suck rear end. As such I might not do my usual, so I'm gonna watch some stuff tonight.

8pm EST I'll start screening, thinking of an old IROC race to start off.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
IROC at Texas followed by mods at North Wilkesboro!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
OK, I had to bail early on you guys last night and today was easier than expected at work, so tonight at 8pm EST I'll be picking it back up.

Oval races naturally, hopefully some mods or supermods, or maybe an 80's superspeedway race of some sort.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
fresh uploaded dirt mods up first

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Goody's Dash. Bristol. This will be clownshoes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anybody wanna watch some stuff tonight? Probably last free night for me until next week. Gonna hop in there at 7pm EST, dunno what for. Last night we ended up on 80's SCCA Super Vee @ Michigan somehow, who knows what I'll find tonight.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

Anybody wanna watch some stuff tonight? Probably last free night for me until next week. Gonna hop in there at 7pm EST, dunno what for. Last night we ended up on 80's SCCA Super Vee @ Michigan somehow, who knows what I'll find tonight.

I'll try to swing by here pretty soon.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Good, because first up is the 1992 Baja 1000!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

IndyCar from Texas World Speedway...NEXT on Winter Heat!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm gonna be in here again tonight, I have to work tomorrow which means I couldn't go to a Christmas get together I had planned. I'll get you next time, Jack Daniels!

In the meantime, come join me for some more randomness. We did Texas World Speedway, Indycars in 1978 last night, an old Baja 1000, and some IMSA GTP last night, so you never know what's gonna be on.

I'm actively trying to run out of races to watch before the 2014 season kicks off.....but I need your help.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Robby Gordon's Stadium Super Trucks from Toronto and probably Long Beach are on the schedule tonight. Come watch big trucks run a road course...with RAMPS!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If any of you have CBS Sports Network, they're showing late models from Charlotte until Midnight. I'll hop in #nascar if anybody else wants to watch.

http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/#nascar@irc.synirc.net

Somebody reply if you're going in and I'll jump in.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Tomorrow night, we'll be watching the 2003 Truck race from Daytona, starting around 7 ET or so, unless anyone has any objections.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm down.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Did I say 7? I meant 8. Whoops.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Well I'm there and watching Riverside

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

2003 Trucks at Daytona is over. Now, we continue with more DIRT TRACKIN'.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:siren: Im showing some oval racing from north of the border, then who knows where we go from there.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'd love to figure out how to get Synchtube to work through Google Chromecast.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'd love to figure out how to get Synchtube to work through Google Chromecast.

I use mine on psp.tv all the time.

You can't cast from the YouTube player. Cast the browser tab, then full screen the video and alt-tab back to the browser

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

That'll work. Thanks!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Alright, I'm going to try hosting some stuff to test my Chromecast. I'm looking for Busch North or CASCAR stuff, but I'm open to suggestions as well.

E: gently caress my laptop, it didn't work as well as expected. There's still some good poo poo queued in there.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 26, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone wanna watch some poo poo tonight? No idea what, but I'll be in there at 8pm EST

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm going in now. See if anybody's put up my local track's action on YouTube.

e- Watching Winter Heat is educational! Things we learned from the 1973 Indy 500:
-80 mph pace laps are unsafe, so "LET'S DO THEM AT 100"
-We still had a man standing on the pit wall at the Indy 500 to wave the flag four years after we landed on the Moon. We could figure out how to make "One small step for man", but didn't pick up on the fact that "One false step could get you run over by racecars".
-Indy racing in the '70s was as scary as I thought it would be.
-The best place to park a fire truck after a car has slammed the wall and exploded is to park the truck DIRECTLY ON THE loving STRIPE OF FUEL THE CAR LEFT WHILE FIRE IS BURNING.
-Chris Economaki, like Mark Martin and Q from the James Bond series, was always old.
-ABC could only afford one microphone for the booth and three cameras. They also couldn't figure out that putting your announcers up against a green screen with a bouncing shot of the track in the back was distracting.
-God can say "You know what, enough is enough" when it comes to races.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 28, 2013

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Man, Viking really does hate Indycars if he's the one who put up the '73 500.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

FUUCCK..missed out on a classic indy race?

gently caress me.

Also, did you see the famous celebrity covering that year's Indy 500? He also happens to co-own a team as well

David Letterman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

FUUCCK..missed out on a classic indy race?

gently caress me.

Also, did you see the famous celebrity covering that year's Indy 500? He also happens to co-own a team as well

David Letterman

Oh that race, Letterman did a series of videos of him and Indy and talked about that experience. He's the one that got to interview Andretti in another one of his missed chances.

• Locked thread