Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

ASA from Cayuga is being uploaded right now. After that, who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Sorry I didn't make it in man, I got tied up with some things.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

VikingSkull posted:

[20:11:53] vikingskull: yeah
[20:12:00] that was a brutal crash
[20:12:19] OH MY loving GOD
[20:12:22] pp14: ATHAAHA
[20:12:23] vikingskull: SHUT UP
[20:12:26] CBJ: hahahahahaha
[20:12:37] pp14: AT DAYTONA THE START FINISH LINE IS HERE
[20:12:39] vikingskull: it had to happen
[20:12:40] CBJ: at daytona, the s/f line is HERE, but at talladega, the s/f line is HERE
[20:12:45] pp14: AT TALLADEGA ITS HERE

What race was this from, I was at a basketball game.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Peanut President posted:

What race was this from, I was at a basketball game.

IROC at Talladega, 1992.

Sorry I didn't show up tonight, I was planing on it, but real life got in the way for once.

Edit - here you go Pnut http://youtu.be/kY76_O2j5wE?t=27m40s

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Personperson14 posted:

IROC at Talladega, 1992.

Sorry I didn't show up tonight, I was planing on it, but real life got in the way for once.

Edit - here you go Pnut http://youtu.be/kY76_O2j5wE?t=27m40s

e: Peter Halsmer (whom I'm related to by a marriage) raced in this race.

what. in. the. gently caress.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Someone on YouTube just posted the 1986 Bristol Night Race in three parts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7X_LfB0mc0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjHsHwpQ4Nk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmYrpTINJt8

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hot drat, that's a must watch

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

If you guys are gonna watch something tonight I'll come by.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FuzzySkinner posted:

e: Peter Halsmer (whom I'm related to by a marriage) raced in this race.

what. in. the. gently caress.

I think he was hurt and didn't start. They had his car parked on pit road "symbolically".

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I think he was hurt and didn't start. They had his car parked on pit road "symbolically".

I guess he was a 3 time class winner at the 24 hours of Daytona.

And won some titles in IMSA/Trans Am.

I'd like to call him up some time and ask him what the hell he did, because his accomplishments sound amazing. My dad's only met him once, (sadly at a funeral).

Tried asking Varsha and all I got was "Look him up on google". Which well..hasn't provided me much.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Anyone up for watching this tonight? An 80s Bristol race sounds like fun.

Lets start at 9:30 Eastern.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

I'm in!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

I guess he was a 3 time class winner at the 24 hours of Daytona.

And won some titles in IMSA/Trans Am.

I'd like to call him up some time and ask him what the hell he did, because his accomplishments sound amazing. My dad's only met him once, (sadly at a funeral).

Tried asking Varsha and all I got was "Look him up on google". Which well..hasn't provided me much.

Dude, you post in racing threads and you're related to him by marriage, but you don't know who Pete Halsmer is?

I'm slapping you so hard in my mind right now.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

There was the time Halsmer collided with Jim Mullen at Road America and the latter ended up in the trees.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Dude, you post in racing threads and you're related to him by marriage, but you don't know who Pete Halsmer is?

I'm slapping you so hard in my mind right now.

I've just RECENTLY got into Sports Cars.

My background was in Stock and Indy.

Prior to all of that my knowledge of him was "Well, he raced in CART for a year, and the Indy 500 twice".

His path to Indy is kind of unusual because how many folks from Indiana have you seen race the 500 WITHOUT a background in Silver Crown?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this late night mod race we're watching is on TNN and has the ads still in it, it's loving hilarious

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Jeff Fuller won a race :psyduck:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

There was the time Halsmer collided with Jim Mullen at Road America and the latter ended up in the trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ23GBuqp-g&t=53m40s

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Jeff Fuller used to be a pretty good driver before he sold his soul to S+P for Joe Nemechek, and almost gave his life for the cause :ssh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

My netbook was low on battery last night and the AC adapter decided to not work. Then I gave up and went to bed. I'll have to look the old TNN video up to get all sentimental about old commercials.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CBJSprague24 posted:

My netbook was low on battery last night and the AC adapter decided to not work. Then I gave up and went to bed. I'll have to look the old TNN video up to get all sentimental about old commercials.

Statler and his brothers made an appearance in the commercials!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here's the page for Robby Gordon's Stadium Super Trucks on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/StadiumSUPERTrucks/videos?sort=dd&live_view=500&flow=list&view=0

I don't know if we would want to watch the series all the way through, or just the races on pavement. I haven't seen Long Beach or Toronto, but I've heard they're epic.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/StadiumSUPERTrucks/videos?sort=dd&live_view=500&flow=list&view=0

I don't know if we would want to watch the series all the way through, or just the races on pavement. I haven't seen Long Beach or Toronto, but I've heard they're epic.

I saw Toronto and it was loving awesome. 10/10 Would watch again.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Judging by what I've seen I think we need to watch the series all the way through.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone up for watching anything tonight? I thought some 90s to whatever ARCA sounded like fun. I'll start up at 9:30 Eastern if anyone is interested.

Edit - Watching 1993 ARCA at Atlanta. It's ARCA at old Atlanta so it has to be good.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 27, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in for my Wednesday night Winter Heat slot tomorrow, think I'm gonna plant my flag there every week. 8pm EST it kicks off, I have a few we can go into blind, theme is 1980's turbo cars.

Starting with some F1, then IMSA, then a lil Indycar.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Might stop in in a bit.

Personperson14 posted:

Judging by what I've seen I think we need to watch the series all the way through.

It does look like the best series I never remember is on from what I saw earlier this year.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I'm in for my Wednesday night Winter Heat slot tomorrow, think I'm gonna plant my flag there every week. 8pm EST it kicks off, I have a few we can go into blind, theme is 1980's turbo cars.

Starting with some F1, then IMSA, then a lil Indycar.

I'll be there for this.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Just a reminder that at 8pm EST I'm kicking off some 80's turbo love. Be there or get cancer or something. About 6 hours of racing, come on in, have a few drinks and laugh with us while your girl slaves over the stove secretly hating you.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in there now just watching whatever random stuff I find until 8, if anyone wants to come hang out.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I'm in there now just watching whatever random stuff I find until 8, if anyone wants to come hang out.

I'll be in, in a little bit.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone down for some racing at 8pm EST? Dunno what I'm gonna throw on, but I'm sure it will be redneck as gently caress.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ah gently caress it I'm in there now, c'mon in.

Starting off with the 2013 National Open at the Grove

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 5, 2013

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Trucks! Now!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So PP14 and I watched 9 hours of old racing tonight.

Someone help us :qq:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

So PP14 and I watched 9 hours of old racing tonight.

Someone help us :qq:

I've watched/listened to that same amount almost everyday because art classes and watching old race on my iPod while I draw. Somehow I need to upload unlisted Speed Odyssey for you guys to see. Such an awesome review of Can-Am from the inception until the Porsche 917/30 killed everyone.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Oh dude, yes please, I'll be in your debt for like a couple hours if you upload that. Let me know if you do, I'll throw it up on the channel as soon as you do.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Last week I was trying to convert a dvd files from it's native file to an mpg but my converter goofed up let me try to convert it succesfully. Next trick is getting past youtube uploading that they don't sniff it out and any music is under licensing that they can pick up.

e: Conversion came through just fine. Uploading would take 3 hours or so, my connection must have gotten slower or something. Whatever, I'll try to remember tomorrow and see if it gets uploaded. It's worth it for all of the Chevy V8 thunder you hear.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 5, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
There's a lack of anything of quality regarding Can-Am, so anything you upload would be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

There's a lack of anything of quality regarding Can-Am, so anything you upload would be worth it.

Yeah there isn't too much, but I'm keeping this unlisted since this is a DVD and don't want to hit with copyright or stuff and keep it within this community. I doubt it'll get viral like that F1 intro that Speed did almost 2 years ago. Anyways uploading now and it's much faster this morning, so I'll know pretty quickly.

e: Of gently caress yourself youtube, I took the two videos that are blocked globally and deleted them. It was going to upload but because of those two I wasn't allowed to upload anything over 15 minutes. Retrying.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 5, 2013

• Locked thread