Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

There was the time Halsmer collided with Jim Mullen at Road America and the latter ended up in the trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Man, Viking really does hate Indycars if he's the one who put up the '73 500.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

It's all good, tomorrow is better anyway. Plenty of lead time on a Saturday night, hopefully we get a full crew.

Show some American Sports Cavalcade and/or Group C sportscars and I'll be there.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Danica! posted:

If its the race where Prost had to cry to race control about the rain so Senna wouldnt win in his 2nd race, make that poo poo on a sunday night and I am down.

Actually, Senna had a broken suspension when the race was stopped, which meant Stefan Bellof would have won had it continued. :v:

Monaco '96 ruled, too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Smoke at the 2011 finale has to be one of the best drives ever in most any form of racing.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Yes. Which alone makes it awesome.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

Yeah even on the broadcast they said it was 2000 like aero which that isn't a good thing to say. It was very hard to pass the leader. Still mad Gordon decided to get hooked by Marlin, he had that race in the bag since no one could pass him and the DEI cars were taken care of... well except Michael.

I have blocked the '00 500 from my memory. THAT race was dreadful.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Put up some "so bad they're entertaining" races (Monaco '96 or anything ARCA.)

And no '05 USGP. I was there and thought there was gonna be an honest-to-God riot.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I also have a bunch of F1 Decade stuff from '94-'95 on tape. I remember the '94 German GP being a pretty :psyduck: race.

1994 and 1995 might both have had the highest total of flat out loving awful drivers of any seasons in F1 history.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I'd rather forget both those races ever happened, personally.

E: The '99 Euro GP someone mentioned is good, too. Murray and Martin flipping their poo poo when Coulthard spins off is particularly great.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 7, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

That Larrousse lineup in particular is something special.

Fun fact: Hideki Noda was the only Japanese driver to win a CART event of any kind (Lights race at Portland in '97), and I think the only Japanese driver to win an AOW race before Sato won Long Beach last year.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

BMB5150 posted:

Taki Inoue

Dear God, this guy. His bio on F1 Rejects should be required reading. People give guys like Yuji Ide poo poo for how bad he was in F1, but at least he and most others were quite good in other formulae. Taki was poo poo in EVERYTHING.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Varsha, Hobbs, and John Bisignano were the usual ESPN guys when they covered F1.

CBS (I think--may have been Fox or even both) also covered a few races a year in the mid '00s, usually with Ralph Sheheen on commentary.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Come watch ARCA with us.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I suggested it and even posted during the race that I eventually felt bad for doing so.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

LordPants posted:

I actually watched some, and then was so intregued I downloaded some NHRA and IHRA games and they were worse than hitler teribad. I was hoping it would be like Sprint Cars / Dirt Track Racing in general where it is a niche audience but with really great games. (RIP Ratbag :smith:)

Bethesda made a pretty fun sportsman-class drag racing game for the PC in the late '90s, but most drag racing games are gutter trash.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

There is some IMSA, CART, and NHRA queued up for tonight. :getin:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Come watch old school Busch racing at the Rock and let's discuss the best looking Skoal cars ever all of them

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

We have determined via democratic vote that fantasy schedules should be probatable for next year's racing threads.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Tonight should be PYF Crashes.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I put up some monster trucks if anyone's interested.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Buddy Baker in the ambulance was epic.

E: "You help me find my nose, I'll help you find your motorcycle!"

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 27, 2014

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Come watch racing with me.

Or don't.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

'09 Brickyard

Also the Daytona 500 where Coo Coo Marlin got screwed out of a win by a "loose lug nut"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

That was was OK because it led to Ward Burton winning

• Locked thread