Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
1980's dirt modifieds here we come! Someone set up a cytube channel and maybe we have a trial run later tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
DIRT TRACK MADNESS

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Things we have learned so far tonight: Sammy Swindell wrecks in multiple types of cars, racers can be referred to as "Formerly Third" and lolarca

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

You have to say it right man! "What does dirt stand for?" :allears:

If you ask some dude named Plape, it stands for you and kidc are the worst posters ever and should stop posting.

Random things read in Cytube chat, which conveniently stores conversations that happen when you're not in channel!*

*Note to idiots, don't bring your flamewars into the channel, thanks.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I did two mod races, Outlaws at Syracuse, and supermods at Phoenix last night. You missed out, man.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So we're all like "we should do this, we should do that" but very little doing! So this weekend I'm gonna spend some time and find some good poo poo, and next Weds. at around 7pm EST I'll light it off. The theme is going to be "The Days of Big Horsepower".

Figure some 80's turbo F1 if possible, Can-Am, maybe pre-88 NASCAR at a superspeedway, stuff like that. 1,000hp+ cars going 200mph+

So mark your calenders!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It should make for a good night. Back then aero, tires and brakes were kinda there, but they were too stupid to understand that what they were doing was completely idiotic.

That always makes for great racing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm all for it, if I have free time and I'm not playing video games, I'm watching old car races and auto related videos on YouTube. Be much more fun to do it in a chat room with other likeminded Real Cool Dudes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I might stop in in a bit, sure.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Just a reminder that at 7pm EST I'll be in here running some cool poo poo. The big horsepower thing is a wash, but you'll like it. Not even all ovals!

We're taking a trip to 1992. Trans-Am, IROC and USAC

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 21, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
[20:11:53] vikingskull: yeah
[20:12:00] that was a brutal crash
[20:12:19] OH MY loving GOD
[20:12:22] pp14: ATHAAHA
[20:12:23] vikingskull: SHUT UP
[20:12:26] CBJ: hahahahahaha
[20:12:37] pp14: AT DAYTONA THE START FINISH LINE IS HERE
[20:12:39] vikingskull: it had to happen
[20:12:40] CBJ: at daytona, the s/f line is HERE, but at talladega, the s/f line is HERE
[20:12:45] pp14: AT TALLADEGA ITS HERE

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I don't wanna toot my own horn but tonight owns and you all missed out if you weren't here. Still time to get in on it!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Great stuff tonight, we only burned 5 cars to the ground.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'll stop by for a bit in a while.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Sorry I didn't make it in man, I got tied up with some things.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hot drat, that's a must watch

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

I guess he was a 3 time class winner at the 24 hours of Daytona.

And won some titles in IMSA/Trans Am.

I'd like to call him up some time and ask him what the hell he did, because his accomplishments sound amazing. My dad's only met him once, (sadly at a funeral).

Tried asking Varsha and all I got was "Look him up on google". Which well..hasn't provided me much.

Dude, you post in racing threads and you're related to him by marriage, but you don't know who Pete Halsmer is?

I'm slapping you so hard in my mind right now.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
this late night mod race we're watching is on TNN and has the ads still in it, it's loving hilarious

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Jeff Fuller won a race :psyduck:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CBJSprague24 posted:

My netbook was low on battery last night and the AC adapter decided to not work. Then I gave up and went to bed. I'll have to look the old TNN video up to get all sentimental about old commercials.

Statler and his brothers made an appearance in the commercials!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in for my Wednesday night Winter Heat slot tomorrow, think I'm gonna plant my flag there every week. 8pm EST it kicks off, I have a few we can go into blind, theme is 1980's turbo cars.

Starting with some F1, then IMSA, then a lil Indycar.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Just a reminder that at 8pm EST I'm kicking off some 80's turbo love. Be there or get cancer or something. About 6 hours of racing, come on in, have a few drinks and laugh with us while your girl slaves over the stove secretly hating you.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in there now just watching whatever random stuff I find until 8, if anyone wants to come hang out.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone down for some racing at 8pm EST? Dunno what I'm gonna throw on, but I'm sure it will be redneck as gently caress.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ah gently caress it I'm in there now, c'mon in.

Starting off with the 2013 National Open at the Grove

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 5, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So PP14 and I watched 9 hours of old racing tonight.

Someone help us :qq:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Oh dude, yes please, I'll be in your debt for like a couple hours if you upload that. Let me know if you do, I'll throw it up on the channel as soon as you do.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
There's a lack of anything of quality regarding Can-Am, so anything you upload would be worth it.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
That's alright man, Can-Am is too powerful for YouTube.

I'm in the channel again watching some BMB5150 stuff if anyone wants in.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm hopping in for god knows what tonight.

Maybe some early 80's Cup superspeedway action.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ok, my Weds. thing again. Tonight starting at 7pm EST I'm gonna screen the Can-Am movie BMB graciously uploaded, then after that it's a free-for-all, maybe taking requests.

Be there or be not-a-nerd.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hell yes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They did it that way to allow teams time to repair their cars, considering it wiped out the field save Irwin and Stewart.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm in here watching sprintcars, it owns.

e- now the 1970 Indy 500

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 14, 2013

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Well, since we got like 18" of snow since Sunday, the sale at the auction tomorrow is gonna suck rear end. As such I might not do my usual, so I'm gonna watch some stuff tonight.

8pm EST I'll start screening, thinking of an old IROC race to start off.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
IROC at Texas followed by mods at North Wilkesboro!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
OK, I had to bail early on you guys last night and today was easier than expected at work, so tonight at 8pm EST I'll be picking it back up.

Oval races naturally, hopefully some mods or supermods, or maybe an 80's superspeedway race of some sort.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
fresh uploaded dirt mods up first

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anybody wanna watch some stuff tonight? Probably last free night for me until next week. Gonna hop in there at 7pm EST, dunno what for. Last night we ended up on 80's SCCA Super Vee @ Michigan somehow, who knows what I'll find tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Good, because first up is the 1992 Baja 1000!

• Locked thread