Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm gonna be in here again tonight, I have to work tomorrow which means I couldn't go to a Christmas get together I had planned. I'll get you next time, Jack Daniels!

In the meantime, come join me for some more randomness. We did Texas World Speedway, Indycars in 1978 last night, an old Baja 1000, and some IMSA GTP last night, so you never know what's gonna be on.

I'm actively trying to run out of races to watch before the 2014 season kicks off.....but I need your help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm down.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anyone wanna watch some poo poo tonight? No idea what, but I'll be in there at 8pm EST

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Sorry I disappeared last night, my internet has been poo poo for like two weeks now.

Also, yeah, the '73 Indy 500 is a loving terrifying race to watch, Imola '94 doesn't hold a candle to it in the least.

e- and Fuzzy, you missed two classic 500's last night, I also put up the '60 500 that Smokey won with Rathmann driving the Ken-Paul Special.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Sure! I just put on the 1980 Lumbermens 500 from Mid-Ohio. Second generation F5000 based Can-Am cars, combined field with GT cars, too. I'll restart as soon as someone joins.

e- this owns, the cars own and the race is hilarious so far

e2- also holy poo poo Hurley Haywood in a not-a-Porsche

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 4, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ok no one ever showed up, so tomorrow at 8pm EST I'm gonna put on the 1980 and 1981 Lumbermens 500's from Mid-Ohio. Can-Am and GT combined fields, like 40 cars on the track. Relative parity between the two classes. It's actually 3 classes, because the protos are the 5 liter F5000 style, plus a sub-2 liter, Formula 2 version. Stuff like Frisbee Lola's and Holbert Chevrolet's. Then the GT class is stuff like Porsche 935's and Chevy Monza's.

So 8pm EST on 1/4/14. They are some pretty cool and obscure races, well worth a watch IMO.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 4, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's all good, tomorrow is better anyway. Plenty of lead time on a Saturday night, hopefully we get a full crew.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They are Diamond P races, but not American Sports Cavalcade. Brock Yates is one of the announcers. Both are 45 minutes long or so, then after that we can find something else.

Plus these are the cars immediately before Group C/IMSA GTP. Open cockpit mostly, and really loving wild looking. Almost like a mid-90's WEC car hosed a mid-70's F1 snorkel car.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 4, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Just bumping this as a reminder that tonight at 8pm EST I'm going to be playing some second-generation Can-Am from the early 80's at Mid-Ohio. Fun to watch and the car designs are awesome.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Fuzzy and I are still in here, being complete rednecks watching an old tractor pull.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Paging pnut, we got some old NHRA coming up

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
1990 Winternats, where K.C. Spurlock won Funny Car in his first race in class after qualifying last, and Lori Johns went and defeated Hill, Prudhomme, Bernstein, LaHaie, in that order, to win her first Top Fuel event. It owned hard.

Spurlock had a two week old F/C license and only two full runs in the car prior to the race.

Unfortunately Bruce Allen in the Reher-Morrison car lost in the Pro Stock final :(

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 12, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
IHRA had a good one on the first XBOX but yeah they are usually really loving bad.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ok, I found something that might own, it's a documentary on a famous and popular NASCAR driver I won't name. I'm going to screen it tomorrow night, January 22nd @ 8pm EST. pnut, you might like this one a lot. Let's just say it's set in the early 1980's.

e- yup, just watched the opening few minutes and it's really cool

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 22, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Bump for a reminder that tonight we're watching a behind the scenes look at a NASCAR legend in his prime

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm not telling :ssh:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you were wrong but the driver in question does have the brain activity of a cephalopod

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
We need to do Two-Lane Blacktop, too. Great footage of 60's drag racing all over that movie.

iRacing kinda killed my Winter Heat drive, but I think maybe tomorrow night we oughta give it its off season send off. We can still use it during the season, I'm thinking.

Oh and podcast guys? I dunno if y'all are ever gonna get together again, but if you do hit me up, I have a mic now, We should Rifftrax a race or two maybe.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 8, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm watching some old ASA at the moment if anyone wants in, from Lanier!

http://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
anyone wanna watch old Trans Am with me?

come on in

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
that turned to a 1998 modified race from Canandaguia quickly

after this is sprints at Winchester from 95

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Anybody down for some racing at 8EST? I'll be in there watching some obscure oval racing from a quarter century ago most likely.

e- oh yeah it's obscure and owns

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 27, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
IT'S SHOWTIME

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
still going!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Outlaws at Syracuse now, Outlaws at Bristol(!!!) next

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
who's down for some friday night dirt track action?

e- Aussie big block mods starting at 7pm EST :getin:

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 19, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
after the nationwide race finished I will

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'll show you crashes

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
So around 7EST tonight I'm thinking Goodwood Hill Climb?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
and it begins!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
6 people in the room and counting, come watch any and every type of car hoon it up this here hill

http://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Trans-Am at Road America, circa 1988 up now

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Now we're on vintage drag racing but filmed in HD, the 2014 March Meet! After is Pro Mods vs. Fuel Altereds.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
im gonna be in here for a bit at least

e- Road Atlanta!

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 6, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I picked up a DVD of the 1987 Eastern States :getin:

gonna have to watch it and see what's up

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Just a heads up, I do regular shows like CBJ says, usually Tuesday or Wednesday starting around 7 or 8pm EST. I'll bump this thread a few hours beforehand.

I try and keep a theme for the shows every week, and despite my dirt track reputation, I've had nights focused around basically anything. If there's a theme or a particular race you'd like me to build a night around, shoot me a PM. I'm a fan of motorsport first and foremost, and I try and bring out racing that's obscure and/or vintage. I won't be doing many races from the late 90's forward.

So if you like old racing, especially old dirt oval racing, keep an eye on this space.

My first night will be this Tuesday starting at 7pm EST. It will kick off with a funny as hell roundtable featuring some legends of NASCAR, followed by some vintage short track stuff.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm prewatching that roundtable and holy poo poo if you guys like old NASCAR loving be there tomorrow, you're gonna piss yourselves

e- awww poo poo I found the whole thing!

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 17, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I gotta push this back until Wednesday night at 7EST, something came up for tomorrow.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Sorry I had to bail last night, I was at work until almost 9pm, came home and passed the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Tonight at 8pm Eastern it's roundtable time. Soooooo many naked Tiny Lund stories.

• Locked thread