Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

VikingSkull posted:

So PP14 and I watched 9 hours of old racing tonight.

Someone help us :qq:

I've watched/listened to that same amount almost everyday because art classes and watching old race on my iPod while I draw. Somehow I need to upload unlisted Speed Odyssey for you guys to see. Such an awesome review of Can-Am from the inception until the Porsche 917/30 killed everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Last week I was trying to convert a dvd files from it's native file to an mpg but my converter goofed up let me try to convert it succesfully. Next trick is getting past youtube uploading that they don't sniff it out and any music is under licensing that they can pick up.

e: Conversion came through just fine. Uploading would take 3 hours or so, my connection must have gotten slower or something. Whatever, I'll try to remember tomorrow and see if it gets uploaded. It's worth it for all of the Chevy V8 thunder you hear.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 5, 2013

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

There's a lack of anything of quality regarding Can-Am, so anything you upload would be worth it.

Yeah there isn't too much, but I'm keeping this unlisted since this is a DVD and don't want to hit with copyright or stuff and keep it within this community. I doubt it'll get viral like that F1 intro that Speed did almost 2 years ago. Anyways uploading now and it's much faster this morning, so I'll know pretty quickly.

e: Of gently caress yourself youtube, I took the two videos that are blocked globally and deleted them. It was going to upload but because of those two I wasn't allowed to upload anything over 15 minutes. Retrying.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 5, 2013

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

That's alright man, Can-Am is too powerful for YouTube.

I'm in the channel again watching some BMB5150 stuff if anyone wants in.

Good news, it has gone through. Right now it's in private mode so links to it won't work, but when you guys want to watch it, give me a yell (try skype) and I can come in and watch. Best time would be Saturday during the day since I'll be painting my Can-Am picture.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Viking or if anyone else wants to. I'm in the room and down to watch the can-am movie I uploaded. I'll wait for you guys.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

FUUCCK..missed out on a classic indy race?

gently caress me.

Also, did you see the famous celebrity covering that year's Indy 500? He also happens to co-own a team as well

David Letterman

Oh that race, Letterman did a series of videos of him and Indy and talked about that experience. He's the one that got to interview Andretti in another one of his missed chances.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Fag Boy Jim posted:

The 2002 aero package was not good, but the race was sort of hilarious anyway.

Yeah even on the broadcast they said it was 2000 like aero which that isn't a good thing to say. It was very hard to pass the leader. Still mad Gordon decided to get hooked by Marlin, he had that race in the bag since no one could pass him and the DEI cars were taken care of... well except Michael.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Put up some "so bad they're entertaining" races (Monaco '96 or anything ARCA.)

And no '05 USGP. I was there and thought there was gonna be an honest-to-God riot.

I have 96 Monaco, 05 USGP, and also all of F1 Decade of the 94 season. 1994 was so loving wacky it's worth it to watch all of the races.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

'05 USGP with Varsha, or just BBC-types?

What I'd like to do is to create a "side by side" version of the US 500/'96 Indy 500, and watch both of them at the same time.

With Varsha. 96 Monaco with Walker. I was half way to getting Monaco on ESPN which had iirc, John Watson and someone else. Watson still commentates for the GT3 races.

94 was just bizarre. Deaths, wacky incidents, dumb gently caress drivers, literally a ride buyer for Lotus who took Zanardi's spot, Taki Inoue, crazy rules, and no better way to finish it in one of the most controversial ways.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

AceFace905 posted:

Speaking of which, this might be a pinch offtopic but what is Varsha doing this season? Is he still with Fox?

With how much he knows of Barrett and Jackson Car Auctions Schedule (I poo poo you not it's on FS1, 2, Fox itself, Fox Business :wtc:, and Nat Geo :psyduck:) so I guess he's still on Fox.

Fuzzy, I do remember just for the USGPs in the early 2000s ABC televised them with Jenkins. I think it was a special one-off contract ABC got from Bernie that probably paid more than Speed would. Also Speedvision took over in 98 for Formula 1.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

After the 2002 Indy 500 they mention showing the Monaco GP after the race with Danny Sullivan being on site for the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U_bvAVfGQU&t=81m19s

(what is odd is that NBCSN was bragging about the Monaco GP being on Network TV in the US for the first time ever, which appears false according to this)

Hmmm I wonder if it's that free cable air rule that F1 instituted. BBC still televises F1 because of that rule. CBS aired Monaco and a couple others in 06. My guess it had Sullivan and someone else there but Speed was also commentating too.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Some guy posted "Super Speedway" up on a video hosting website.

It's not illegal, but I don't want to link it (Due to fear of it getting taken down). But it's on a legitimate one.

Anyways, it's on the playlist now. I have no idea if now would be a good time to watch it due to it being DAYYYYYYTONNNNNNA-time, but this is something we should watch soon.

Funny enough I bought that for my father on xmas. I know it's a pretty good watch of just things with Mario and Michael Andretti and Newman-Haas shaking a car down at Homestead in '96.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Post-Race fun, watch children with toy cars smash into each other repeatedly!

When I was a kid I used this for more racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgH5awbbzLQ

I still have this and used this for a college video art project a year ago. Ahh the memories came back.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

drat it you guys are making me crave to watch old truck races. I won't be able to since I'm busy with poo poo. I have way too many races wanting to watch for the next several months with completing 1998 championships, 2003 cup series, 95 and 96 Trucks and go through Jeff Gordon's winning races just cause.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

So I completed the 2003 NASCAR Winston Cup Season and have watched in the past 5 years, 1993 - 2004 NASCAR Cup, 1990 - 2007 CART/CCWS, 2000 ALMS. I'm going to do every win, championship clinched race, and first race of Jeff Gordon because why the gently caress not and that'll keep me busy for the next several months. Starting with any USAC stuff I can scrounge. I'm going to try to hang out in cytube as much as I can watching this.

I'm in right now watching stuff.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

LordPants posted:

How was 2003 to watch as a year? I seem to recall the 1.5 mile tracks really raced well with that package.

Was alright, most of the time I was listening to it but sounded fun. Always came down to fuel mileage and almost every time Ryan Newman won it. Pleasantly surprised Michael Waltrip and Bobby Labonte did so well and couple other surprises made it worth a watch. You knew the championship was going to be dull and boring because Kenseth.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

1997 Suzuka because I was editing 1998 Motegi tonight currently being watched.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I may not be able to show too much of this but, I've got an idea. SCCA Runoffs or something from 1980 because it has this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5DnlFcHfVY

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

SASCAR Winter Heat/Synchtube 2014 - 15: A Look Back To When Racin' Became lovely

I'm watching at least the first IRL race at Disney World and maybe seeing guys put on stretchers at Phoenix.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Change in plans, we're airing the 2001 Talladega 500 instead, because DaveW on Youtube is a dick.

I have no idea why he does that at all. Scream in the comments why we can't embed and he'll see it.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Watching 97 caution free Talladega race because why not.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I see a lack of 1995 500. I can get that reposted or brought back by Indy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I'm getting IMSA qualifying going.
http://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

• Locked thread