Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Remember that time Matt Kenseth won the title with only one win and Nascar changed the rules. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Somehow, the four teams not to change drivers in 1994 were Tyrrell, Minardi, Footwork, and Pacific.

There were a lot of terrible crashes, dumb punitive suspensions. Which, considering Pacific only qualified twice that year, that rules them out. And the line ups for the other three aren't actually so bad considering they didn't do one of the previous.

Williams - Driver died (obviously)
Bennetton - Driver burned alive, dumb suspensions.
McLaren - Punitive suspension
Lotus - Zanardi was injured going into the year, and then the team went broke.
Jordan - Punitive suspension, (lol Irvine lol)
Ferrari - Driver injured in crash
Simtek - Driver died, another got in a horrible crash afaik with his legs hanging out the front of the car.
Sauber - Driver in horrible crash, in a Coma.

Larousse, Ligier and Lotus also just traded drivers that year :wtc: which was pretty funny.

1994 in general was a pretty depressing season. I have the Autocourse for that year and still read it from time to time. My favorite story is when Senna died they thought Hill was poo poo at testing cars (Not that Senna was brilliant at it, as it was traditionally Prost's domain at McLaren but they still valued his opinion highly) and Damon would test the car and say "it sucks, it understeers" (due to them removing the active suspension the car was unbalanced) and they were like "lol shut up Damon". So then they got Mansell in and first thing he says is "car sucks, it understeers" and Damon went :smugbert: and then took the fight to Schumi in the next race.

Also, Cleveland was the first CART race after Mansell was in Formula One and that perked HIM up and he had an unexpectedly good race.

Tl;dr both Mansell and Hill were headcases.

actually tl;dr 94 sucked really bad due to all the deaths and bad injuries.

triple edit! Also the other thing to do in '94 is watch Schumi on the starts. It's amazing how good his clutch control is, he's the only one who :airquote: doesn't seem :airquote: to get wheelspin off the starts.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 7, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Why for the love of god were you watching CCWS from 2005?

Why?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I actually watched some, and then was so intregued I downloaded some NHRA and IHRA games and they were worse than hitler teribad. I was hoping it would be like Sprint Cars / Dirt Track Racing in general where it is a niche audience but with really great games. (RIP Ratbag :smith:)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Come watch old school Busch racing at the Rock and let's discuss the best looking Skoal cars ever all of them

Thank me later. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
How was 2003 to watch as a year? I seem to recall the 1.5 mile tracks really raced well with that package.

• Locked thread