Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I would like to hear about brilliant moments in Spanish military history. Since the 16th century Spain has pretty much been in a slow depressing decline. Someone named after a Spanish national hero is bound to know something good about that.

In return, I'll offer a fun story I know related to my question. There's a metro stop in Madrid called Guzmán el Bueno. It's named after a nobleman whose son was kidnapped by the moors during the reconquest. When Guzmán showed up to fight, the enemy brought out his son and said they'd kill him unless Guzmán stood down. In response, Guzmán tossed over one of his own knives and told them to go ahead. Which they did. Father of the year. For that he is forever known as Guzmán the Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread