Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

War is really depressing. Does it ever get depressing reading about real people killing real people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Godholio posted:

It happened. We might as well try to sort out the hows and whys. Do you not watch tv or anything, because it's not like this stuff has EVER stopped.

In my opinion, not in the way I think you mean. On occasion I'll run across an individual event that serves as a downer, but as far as the subject as a whole, no.

No, I'm reading King Leopold's Ghost right now and sometimes I have to stop because people suck sometimes.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Sorry if this has been asked, I have yet to go through the thread.

When did battles switch from primarily melee focused affairs to primarily ranged? Was it a specific conflict where they went "ah-ha!" or was it an era or specific leader or invention?

• Locked thread