Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013

VanSandman posted:

You poor bastard you posted too well! Now look at you.

I would like a big thick book recommendation about Stalingrad that tells me what it was like for the fellows actually fighting it.

Beevor's Stalingrad is excellent, and it covers Operation Blue, the siege of Stalingrad, Operation Uranus, and the liquidation of the pocket. Maybe not so thick, I remember it being around 250 pages, but it certainly tells the depressing human side of the battles. If you want to read about planes full of wounded being blown apart by Soviet flak, Stalingrad's got it. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013

a travelling HEGEL posted:

Face and head; his skull was layed open to the brain. To persuade his parents to give you their money. But his family had none.

I guess that's why cities surrendered after sieges rather than force an assault :staredog:

Where was that HEGEL post on the culture of sieges again?

GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013
In that picture of the Tiger above, would any crew be able to survive that or would spalling get them all? Not even going to ask about the Panzer IV :v:

GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013
Armoured Commander is a roguelike about commanding a Sherman tank during the Normandy breakout. Fight big cats (I've never seen a Tiger yet), get brewed up like a kettle when you get hit, pray that you escape alive. Sadly there are no playable tank destroyers.

• Locked thread