Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
This week's podcast is weird with Mr. Bill Matt's strange commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Silentman0 posted:

This week's podcast is weird with Mr. Bill Matt's strange commentary.

Yeah he seems rather hyper and upbeat about one specific thing.

In reality Matts going through a rough personal experience, it was hinted that his dad got a major illness, so it would explain why he wouldnt be available for the podcast

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat and Liam are breaking my heart with the Log Horizon hate :negative:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Pat and Liam are breaking my heart with the Log Horizon hate :negative:

If anything I found their mutual hate and disgust for the same thing rather refreshing.

Pat x Liam LP let's do this.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The episode sort of leads me to believe Pat doesn't quite understand the concept of spin-offs.

Al-Saqr posted:

Pat x Liam LP let's do this.

It'd better be some kind of embarrassing anime game, preferably Project X Zone.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Matt and Pat started a Resident Evil 4 playthrough, and I can already tell it'll probably be one of my favorite LPs ever.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdbB2rqMMw

Woolie is just dying this entire video and it's amazing.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
So like a week before the Best Friends started doing their friday fightgames I and a couple of my friends started a friday night fight tradition.

We were trying to think up names for it and we settled on Friday Night Fight Club, and I was super salty when like a week later the Zaibatsu came out with Friday Night Fisticuffs. Such a good name...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11qFUV9GwEY

Man, I like how they get super-excited about KI and poo poo, but I seriously don't get what's the appeal of it as a fighting game. It's fine tho.

XBONE!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Dias posted:

Man, I like how they get super-excited about KI and poo poo, but I seriously don't get what's the appeal of it as a fighting game. It's fine tho.

I thought the combo system sounded interesting when I first heard about it. Plus it's pure, undiluted 90's comics in video game form, apparently.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Silentman0 posted:

I thought the combo system sounded interesting when I first heard about it. Plus it's pure, undiluted 90's comics in video game form, apparently.

I just don't understand how anyone can stand to watch it. The models and movement look so clunky and stiff and the particle effects drawn out everything else to the point of it being a massive mess.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Stop the loving presses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNc9R1zfwM0

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

The hype levels have gone through the roof. This is the perfect RPG for them to play, holy poo poo.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy poo poo. HOLY poo poo.

LIAM X PAT full LP.

SO HYPE. NOT FOR Not for TREND. Not for CORPORATE ATTITUDE. Not for STONER. Only true DOOM-MURDER HEADS.

by the way guys there's been quite a few vids these days we should be a little more active discussing them.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The death screen gets me every time

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

New Mailbag video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYBRTJNt01A

Someone broke the NO LIVE ANIMALS rule. :aaa:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dexie posted:

New Mailbag video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYBRTJNt01A

Someone broke the NO LIVE ANIMALS rule. :aaa:

how long can loving ladybugs last in the mail with no food?!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They're used for killing garden pests, why someone would send them that i dont know..

its weirder than dragon drilldos

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Al-Saqr posted:

how long can loving ladybugs last in the mail with no food?!

I'm assuming there was some kind of food source in the bag? Either way, it's loving weird, and now everyone else in that apartment complex is going to be wondering what the hell is up with the sudden ladybug infestation.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Dexie posted:

I'm assuming there was some kind of food source in the bag? Either way, it's loving weird, and now everyone else in that apartment complex is going to be wondering what the hell is up with the sudden ladybug infestation.

No, ladybugs hibernate through the winter. As long as you keep them somewhere cold they'll just sit there and not do anything. That's why you can just mail someone a bunch of ladybugs in a burlap sack in a box and not have it be a complete mess for the post office.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Depths posted:

They're used for killing garden pests, why someone would send them that i dont know..

its weirder than dragon drilldos

That's not a sentence I thought I'd ever read. It is super creeps though.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGgwXzePo-A

Godzilla weeeeeeeeek

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Podcast is on fire this week.
Pat: "I have this image of someone looking at a Berserk soundtrack and seeing 'Theme of Rape Horse'
Matt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xD1FAOJI84

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

It's such a goddamn shame they missed the XBOX 180 news by a hairs breadth and werent able to discuss it on the podcast on time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

It's such a goddamn shame they missed the XBOX 180 news by a hairs breadth and werent able to discuss it on the podcast on time.

What's this?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Rodyle posted:

What's this?

They're going to start selling a Kinectless SKU for $100 less next month.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Both Bombcast and sbf missed it. The perils of recording in the morning/on Monday. They should really push it back a few hours since news usually comes on Tuesday.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I really enjoyed the mental image of these 4 dudes sprawled out together on a blanket in the park talking about video games for an hour (under the infamously harsh Canadian sun). The podcast really lives up to its name.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Veotax posted:

They're going to start selling a Kinectless SKU for $100 less next month.

That's... beautiful.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

That's... beautiful.

Well, it's normal, it's just that you've been looking at a grizzly train wreck for so long normal looks really great.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Well, it's normal, it's just that you've been looking at a grizzly train wreck for so long normal looks really great.

Oh no, not in the sense of "wow, I totally want an Xbone now," just that it's hilarious how hard they've had to back down.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

Oh no, not in the sense of "wow, I totally want an Xbone now," just that it's hilarious how hard they've had to back down.

Oh, I gotcha. It is an exceptionally large and spectacular back down.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

But...but...NEVER back down!

Mexican Sandwich
Jan 1, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

But...but...NEVER back down!

Backdown 1: The Backdown

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
The Backdown is probably my favorite running gag on the Friendcast

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Solaris Knight posted:

The Backdown is probably my favorite running gag on the Friendcast

It's good, but I love "Unpatchable".

Speaking of running gags, I was glad to see Kenpachi Ramasama get mentioned recently.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
You know I like Liam most of the time but sometimes he does poo poo that's just seems like he's arguing to be dumb and petty for no reason and the last podcast had some of the worst of it in awhile

Someone says something he disagrees with
Liam: "No but that doesn't count because we're talking about Globally"

is followed by him cutting in on someone's counterpoint by trying to go "But in Japan!!! I know it has no real baring on the conversation BUT I'M JUST SAYING!".

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 15, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie and Liam vie for the worst spot, generally speaking (not that either are bad). Liam causes some dumb arguments on the cast but Woolie regularly has to be bailed out in videos, often by Liam himself. Like, Liam's trolling is what keeps the Nuzlocke afloat.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
None of best friends are bad to me but Liam is probably my least favorite with his "games are too easy" poo poo about literally any change and his weird stubbornness about dumb things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Liam is the loving worst. At least Woolie will be like "oh well okay then" if someone disproves his point instead of constantly moving the goalposts and being a contrarian like Liam.

They should give him to game grumps and get jontron instead, then the cycle will be complete