Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie is top-tier, you guys suck at this tierlist thing.

Nah, but really, Liam tends to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian a lot of the time. By his own admission he likes to be the devil's advocate, but quite often he advocates some lost causes and gets a bit annoying.

(tier-list is Pat > Woolie > Matt > Liam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Liam's an OUYA defender. That's all that really needs to be said about him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Woolie realizing live on the podcast that he fell for an internet April Fool's joke about Netflix was the best thing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

On the other hand, Woolie steadfastly defending his claim about muskets in World War 1 was the worst thing.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

On the other hand, Woolie steadfastly defending his claim about muskets in World War 1 was the worst thing.

Nah that's at least funny in a "Look at a dumb thing one of the SBF guys is saying" kind of way.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah that's at least funny in a "Look at a dumb thing one of the SBF guys is saying" kind of way.

It was legitimately hilarious how dumb he was.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Yeah, I'll take stupid over contrarian any day of the week.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

AXE COP posted:

Liam is the loving worst. At least Woolie will be like "oh well okay then" if someone disproves his point instead of constantly moving the goalposts and being a contrarian like Liam.

They should give him to game grumps and get jontron instead, then the cycle will be complete

Jon isn't on Grumps anymore :ssh:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Silentman0 posted:

Jon isn't on Grumps anymore :ssh:

Exactly. Then all the unfunny people will be on one channel, and all the funny awesome dudes will be on another.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

AXE COP posted:

Exactly. Then all the unfunny people will be on one channel, and all the funny awesome dudes will be on another.

Oh, see, I was confused because Jon was terrible and Danny is a million times better.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

Oh, see, I was confused because Jon was terrible and Danny is a million times better.

You have a correct view.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Hope they talk about gojira on the next podcast, it was hype as gently caress

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Depths posted:

Hope they talk about gojira on the next podcast, it was hype as gently caress

I've heard a lot of dumb rumors about this movie so I have to ask this, but Is there a Mothra cameo/appearance in this movie?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I've heard a lot of dumb rumors about this movie so I have to ask this, but Is there a Mothra cameo/appearance in this movie?
In one scene theres a butterfly cage with a Mothra nametag on it

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Silentman0 posted:

Jon is hit or miss even when he's not out of his element but while Danny is very likeable, he's not funny at all.

Fact.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

quakster posted:

Jon is hit or miss even when he's not out of his element but while Danny is very likeable, he's not funny at all.

Fact.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWPYF5thVPw

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Depths posted:

Back from the movies, I can confirm Gojira was loving hype as all hell.

quakster posted:

Fact.

Also Jon would at least call Arin out when arin starts acting all buttmad and vice versa so if felt more natural than the Danny/Arin stuff. Basically Jon:Arin::Ross:Danny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Depths posted:

Yea it was purely a 'hey, godzilla nerds GET IT?!' thing, no random Motrha bullshit.

Guys it was so loving hype.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I think the best thing about the Zaibatsu is how natural and sincere they feel, when it comes to let's plays, the podcast, and the mailbag, they have open communication and interaction with their fanbase and the stuff they review, so it doesn't feel scripted or forced.

Game Grumps doesn't really feel like that, to me. It feels more like a random skit show intercut with game footage.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea it was purely a 'hey, godzilla nerds GET IT?!' thing, no random Motrha bullshit.

Guys it was so loving hype.

That awful MC and his family should have been cut, Cranston and Watanabe doing science poo poo would have been fine enough for the human framework story, but aside of MCfamily the human stuff was fine and god you guys when the monsters come out it's the coolest poo poo ever.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Shut up and jam Gaiden continues to be amazing.

Also, I just saw Godzilla in an IMAX theater, it was the HYPEST thing I've seen all year. they NAILED it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

That awful MC and his family should have been cut, Cranston and Watanabe doing science poo poo would have been fine enough for the human framework story, but aside of MCfamily the human stuff was fine and god you guys when the monsters come out it's the coolest poo poo ever.

Yea it wasn't a perfect movie, they could trim some chunks and make it better but oh my god guys we have a super amazing awesome Godzilla movie again!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Godzilla doesn't need to be the greatest monster movie of all time, just good enough and profitable enough so they can tune up the kinks next time around and sploosh Godzilla back to life.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I really, really enjoy hearing Pat and Liam say "Zaubers".

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

I really, really enjoy hearing Pat and Liam say "Zaubers".

I always want to immediately email them saying "Zauber is the German word for magic" but then don't because I am afraid 100 other people already have.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't like hearing them say "Cúchulainn" but Gaelic pronunciation has never and will never make sense so I can hardly blame them.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

I don't like hearing them say "Cúchulainn" but Gaelic pronunciation has never and will never make sense so I can hardly blame them.

I've always said "Coo-who-lane", is that close?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Woolie and Liam play through (the important parts of) Final Fantasy 8:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZJB-ylRWiI

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FF8, Turtles, and Gundam Wing.

This is a dark Friday.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Be cool if they played Gundam EXVS at some point

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I bet they were actually going to do a full playthrough and Woolie's hard drive crash wiped most of the videos.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AXE COP posted:

I bet they were actually going to do a full playthrough and Woolie's hard drive crash wiped most of the videos.
Pat mentioned on NeoGAF that everything is on an external HDD so they haven't lost any videos they already completed. Triple Triad is just that hype.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yesterday a coworker pointed out I've been saying "super" a lot lately. I am noticing it now from their youtube commenters too, haha.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
pat selling the elegant mask because he figured he wouldnt get the last piece to complete it and then almost immediately finding said piece was pretty funny

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Pogs are barely a video game" ~ Pat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I did not know there was a Best Friends thread, I'm glad there is one so I can stop posting in the Giant Bomb thread because that place makes me want to die. They are probably my favorite YouTube "Let's Play"ers, if you can call them that. I like Pat the most.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I did not know there was a Best Friends thread, I'm glad there is one so I can stop posting in the Giant Bomb thread because that place makes me want to die. They are probably my favorite YouTube "Let's Play"ers, if you can call them that. I like Pat the most.

Which is funny considering Pat is on record for saying he hates Let's Plays.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well I think the reason most of us like these guys is you wouldn't really call them 'let's players' in most of the way we'd think of it. I mean for one it's a team instead of one person, and even then most of the video is, say, Mat yelling at Pat to use the rocket launcher while Pat yells about how Ashley needs to stop wiggling so he can shoot her free because girls are probably watching. It's not just a dude going 'yea so this is the castle level, it's kinda hard...' then ten minutes of awkward silence as he clacks buttons.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The girls are ALWAYS watching so don't gently caress this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I think they capture the fun of the first 10 minutes of a friend showing you a videogame and you shoot the poo poo, without falling into the next half hour where you wish your friend would stop showing you a videogame.