Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
gently caress, I guess something must have come to a head recently. I wonder if Paige's bullshit had anything to do with it.

Sucks to see it end so abruptly but you could definitely feel them petering out over the last while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Krazyface posted:

I've kinda been waiting for this to happen ever since Matt took that sudden break two (?) years back. Felt like that never got truly resolved.

Yeah, even since Liam left he seemed less enthusiastic.

It's weird to hear there was a business element to their falling out... like, maybe I'm naive about how much work and how many decisions they had to make behind the scenes to continue running a youtube channel, but they'd watered down their output to such a degree and never bothered to do a lot of the boring best practices crap most channels do that I wonder what there'd even be to argue about.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Judge Tesla posted:

The hot take masters on Youtube and Twitter are starting to blame Matt for being an "SJW" and having conflicting views with Pat as of late.

There's always been a ton of hangers-on in their comments that expect them to have secret lovely views, or are surprised when they're not throwing themselves into gamergate culture war bullshit, even before Paige showed up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

I'm not shocked that people who mainly seem to be friends with Matt don't really give a poo poo about what happened to Pat

Why would they, even. I feel like a lot of the people they got to know from other channels or whatever never even really met Pat because he went to so few events with them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The podcast is continuing, so that'll probably happen soon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well yeah but I don't think well necessarily see one tomorrow

I kinda think we will, but what do I know.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Personality clashes aside, I can say from experience that it can be immensely frustrating to work a media job that gives you the resources and drive to work on high-concept ideas, only to have to work with someone whose instinct is to just wing it the entire time because the audience will give them a pass, especially when the no-effort approach actually works.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Anything you do publicly brings in your fanbase/followers and since its not private you are basically allowing them to chime in as well. Maybe it wasn't an unintentional douche move, but he should know better.

I feel like half of Pat's twitter is (or was, haven;t looked in a while) people trying to explain twitter etiquette to him and him being/playing dumb about it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

I watched a lot - a looot - of Pat's solo streams but his commentary is mostly just "Really dude?" or sarcastically talking about how tough something is as he just facerolls it because he's powerleveled, or arguing with Paige (and that last bit has really lost its luster now). It's good to see him react to cool stuff but bad any time he's struggling with something because he's completely oblivious to an important factor.

Yeah, I tried watching his solo stream ages ago and it was nothing but him thanking people for donations or occasionally saying "bitchhhhh" as he walked over enemies in some grind game. I don't really care for the streams he does with Paige but I have no idea why anyone would watch them otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pat usually plays boring games in boring ways and I can't imagine why anyone would specifically want to watch him play anything.