Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

hoobajoo posted:

Thread should probably be called Super Best Friendcast, since this is RGD and all.

Nah, the Giant Bomb thread gets away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is gonna be great.

It really is. :allears:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Be cool if they played Gundam EXVS at some point

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The Berserk PS2 game got an english patch like last year sometime. Be cool if they checked it out.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I kind of wish they would just play all the way through Shovel Knight

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Reviews that aren't bought and paid for before the games come out would be nice. It's loving ridiculous how games journalism and reviews are basically entirely made up of shills as a commercial industry.

lol it's 2014 are you serious

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

roach cum puddle posted:

My stance is, I don't wear any type of shirts they sell. I don't hang posters on my wall that they sell.

What else do they sell?

Nothing

except the idea of them doing premium content. I want to give these fools money, and the only way I want to give them money is through some type of premium website membership.

How do they do premium $ $ $ $ you ask?

That is the question.
That is the question.
That is the question.

Hold on I just had an intense brainstorming sesh and check it out I think I've solved it: they just put a donate button on their website.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Yell a lot

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Mesothelioma posted:

I have a feeling that metal gear video was recorded a long time ago.

Guess they were waiting for the website and then Matt going on vacation

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

The second and third TMNT nes games were way better but no one ever talks about those for some reason.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

Quest 64 full LP via Machinima? :barf:

I'd watch this

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Alright, sure

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Weird that no one mentioned the extremely ownage anime robot girl with guns for fingers imo

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I thought it was intentional because lightning was just about as overpowered as magic was in demon's souls. It trivialized most of the bosses in the game. Here's a great video: http://youtu.be/Q-61Z1ht7zw

Also woolie doesn't have much to complain about since he's still using the single best melee weapon in the game. He'll be fine.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Tae posted:

How has Pat beaten the game 2.5 times and not realize crossbows have manual aim. Is he the Brad of Superbestfriends that refuses to experiment?

he's using double spears so probably no. it isn't hard to imagine someone who isn't interested in crossbows just never bothering with them.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Also if you drop below 15 fps for any substantial amount of time the game boots you out to the main menu and sets you to offline mode because it thinks you're trying to cheat.

I would have this problem if I tried to plug my gamepad in at anything other than the main menu, because doing so would cause the game to hitch for a few seconds, naturally dropping the framerate below 15. :lol:

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

I feel like Adaptability is a purely negative addition to the gameplay. Slowing down healing all around is fine (In DS1 you can survive attacks by just poisetanking and drinking) but gutting rolls was a fuckup.

E: Giant Bomb panel spoilers on the Friendcast.

I think the biggest problem with it is that it's hard to actually see what it's doing for you because there's no like, indicator of how many iframes you have during rolling. It ends up being this weird inexact science where the most you can say is "having higher agility is probably better for me" but it's never really clear until you actually try playing with fewer points in it and discover that, holy poo poo, it really makes a huge loving difference. Like if Woolie had pumped adaptability like crazy at the beginning of the game he probably would have had a much easier time with Pursuer and some of the other early game bosses. It just doesn't make any sense for a game where they were supposedly trying to make things easier for new players to introduce this weird fuzzy stat that can very subtly have a huge impact on people's experiences.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

He's gonna need all those effigies for darklurker

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

If it's in the game it's fair

Tae posted:

edit: Pat, literally the only similarity between the Scorpian Lady and Quelaag is that they're ladies on monster bodies.

Yeah and that sucks. Just another thing in DS2 that only exists to remind you of a cool thing from DS1, and like most things in DS2 it's not as good

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Really great improvements such as.........four ring slots

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Pat is basically doing it to Woolie in the videos so I think it's appropriate to see it in the comments too

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I don't understand the story of prison break at all

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Cathair posted:

Have you, uh, ever actually done the Sinh fight? Because everything you just said is categorically wrong, Sinh can't be dealt with by the same 'get under it and roll between feet' strategy as other dragons and basically the only similarity it has to other dragon fights in DS2 is that it flies and shoots fire.

Looks like you, too, have nega-verse opinions about Dark Souls 2. Also, this is exactly the sort of discussion we shouldn't be making GBS threads up this thread with, take it to the DS2 thread if you want to keep going. I realize I may be perpetuating the problem with this very post, but at least I am only commenting on objective facts and refraining from a spiel about my opinions on the Sinh fight being fun etc.

The only way the Souls LP is going to be watchable again is if Pat learns to look up pretty much everything he says on the wiki before he says it. The casual observer who has never played a Souls game may think that we're all just being shitlord spergs and expecting some sort of perfect knowledge of trivial details, but that's really not the case. He's so wrong about basic mechanics that it kinda blows my mind how he managed to blunder through the game.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the Walking Dead LP. I've never played these games and I know nothing about them other than people being upset about Season 2. It's stupid as hell and funny as hell already.

I'm not a casual observer but I still think you're being a shitlord sperg about trivial details

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Didn't they patch Amana to be way easier

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Dexie posted:

"Felicia the Brave is super awesome and I like her" says Pat.

Then Felicia proceeds to do nothing at all to help Woolie. Brilliant.

She's easily distracted

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Yeah, and they just kicked it out the door with no fanfare or advertising at all.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Hahaha, you got the character actually liked killed, good job.

There was no way that guy was getting out. That's how these stories work. Anyone they're pushing as a likable character is doomed.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Hope they do something with D4 because holy poo poo you guys

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I cannot wrap my head around their problem with persona q

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

So in what ways is s1 better than s2?

e: serious question

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 27, 2014

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

2nd question: how do zombies get up stairs

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Did they buff that guy like a lot or something? He's wasn't that big a deal back when I played, and it's not like Woolie wants to buy his pyromancies. I don't understand the big panic.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

These guys should probably play one of the actual Dynasty Warriors games made in the recent past instead of basing all of their opinions on them off of like the ps2 games and the Fist of the North Star ones that not even DW fans like. Like when Liam is listing off things that differentiate Hyrule Warriors, none of his complaints apply to DW7 or 8 at all.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Rodyle posted:

Which is not to excuse Nyaruko mind you, which is just a bunch of anime girls talking about Kamen Rider 90% of the time.

Oh so it's right up their alley

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I can't imagine them forcing themselves not to play Bayo 2 on their own time, so you'd get the MGR problem again unless they went super crazy and marathoned the entire thing in one sitting.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I actually really want to play bug island now

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I hope they played Monster Bash

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Get some Bio Menace in there

Look at that guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Duke Nukem 2
Halloween Harry
Scorched Earth
Blood
Billy the Kid Returns
ZZT (maybe with a bunch of ridiculous user made games)
Raptor: Call of Shadows
Zone 66 (mostly for the intro)
Wacky Wheels
Hugo's House of Horrors
Traffic Department 2192
Crime Fighter (it's uh...like a GTA hotseat board game? with RPG battles?)

edit: loving SKYROADS

edit edit: Dracula in London, another hotseat board game type thing. It was really cool because each time you played it different things happened. When you went into buildings it changed to ASCII graphics and sort of became an RPG?

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 19, 2014