Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I love these guys. I kind of had a low opinion of them as people for a while after they made some unfortunate comments about Anita Sarkeesian on her videos but after listening to the podcast I've totally come around (Liam's lovely opinions/weird sperging aside). They really know their poo poo on a bunch of things and being former industry insiders makes their insights cool and valid.

I hope something awesome comes out of Matt living with ubisoft's lead animator :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
They talked on the podcast recently about the "Feminist Frequency might not be a non-profit organisation" drama and they seemed quite reasonable about it. I kinda get the impression they don't like Anita very much but they're smart/professional enough not to bring it up in the podcast, and they all (Pat especially) have good opinions about most things.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Good job nerds you go the mailbag shut down

quote:

Hey everyone, so time to announce that we’re ending the mailbag. It’s exactly what you’re guessing – we simply don’t have the room to handle it. We’ll say it till we’re blue in the face, you guys are the best fans, and you’ve given us honestly the best and most humbling kind of problem, too much love. With that said, we’re announcing this now, knowing full well that some of you guys might have literally just sent something out, and we really don’t want you to feel bad about that. We’re going to do one more session after this announcement, to be fair to those folks.

As for what it was that set this off, no need for guessing, it’s straight up that this week probably has been the most stuff, in the heaviest packages with the most expensive shipping on them that we’ve seen. We know it takes some time from when we put the word out until when we see it happen, so we’re putting word out from now, in hopes of curbing things down early.

That being said, as we’ve mentioned in the most recent episodes of Friendcast Mailbag, we’re more than happy to read your letters, and even though we can’t write back you guys, your kind words really cheer us up. So we’ll continue to take mail envelopes, but we’re going to stop with the boxes and large parcels. This also means we’re going to stop recording us opening them as well (after the previously mentioned final session). We won’t leave you hanging for content though, we’ve got some cool new stuff for you guys coming.

Thanks for the overwhelming positive response to this whole thing. As a project, it was basically _too_ successful. You guys are the ones who asked us to start this up, and you guys are the ones responsible for some of hilariously hype moments. We just filmed it as the only semblance of a personal thank you we could offer. Here’s to you, you crazy shitlords!

- The Zaibatsu

I never got to send them WWE: Know Your Role :(

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
That isn't actually the end of the mailbag. They mentioned at least three more videos in the podcast.

Which is a shame, because that would have been the perfect note to end it on.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Liam is the loving worst. At least Woolie will be like "oh well okay then" if someone disproves his point instead of constantly moving the goalposts and being a contrarian like Liam.

They should give him to game grumps and get jontron instead, then the cycle will be complete

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Silentman0 posted:

Jon isn't on Grumps anymore :ssh:

Exactly. Then all the unfunny people will be on one channel, and all the funny awesome dudes will be on another.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I bet they were actually going to do a full playthrough and Woolie's hard drive crash wiped most of the videos.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I'm assuming part of it is that they're not part of Polaris or whatever the big youtuber network is now, so they can just pick the games they like to play instead of getting mandates that Wildstar or Dead Space 3 are the new things to be promoting or whatever.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
God I just listened to the podcast. Liam you piece of poo poo you were getting up in arms about the little girl bikinis in bravely default but you'll support the removal of drug-related apps from the store?? gently caress off aaaa

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
When I saw Barkley was Pat/Liam I was like "nooooooo" then it turned out to be one of their best LP's.

(but maybe it would have been EVEN BETTER with pat/matt?? who knows)

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

TheRealestMatt posted:

Um, today's uploads will be 1 hr and 30 mins of Shovel Knight, followed by a Skullgirls fisticuffs.

Yes! Yes!

What is the Pat/Woolie LP, and why isn't it God Hand?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Skullgirls FNF is up, get hijped.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Pat's slow conversion to believing in Skullgirls :allears:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The reason they stopped is because they were spending so much time editing the mailbags that they had no time for, you know, their actual videos. That editing snafu can't have helped either and I doubt they want to put up with more poo poo the next time they make one mistake in the pile of 10+ hours of box opening footage.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I kinda hope it does come back just so I can send you guys this

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
(it's totally Marvel month tho)

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Come on man his clues so far have been "super" twice and "true believers", what the heck else would that mean

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I love how mad people are that they don't like DC.

"No but you see there's a reason Green Lantern only summons lame poo poo to fight with! That makes it ok!"

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Wiseblood posted:

And there's a new Cryme Tyme video on the website that's currently not on their Youtube.

I don't think that's a new cryme tyme, it's just a reupload of their 50 Cent video

What they do have on the site is Dark Souls part 4

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/series/dark-souls-2/

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
This is why they should hire Jontron

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Al-Saqr posted:

According to the conbravo video, Liam and Woolie have also just left their jobs to work for the Zaibatsu full time.

It's awesome to see those guys careers take off.

But how will we get videos of all the lovely games that they play tested now?!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Liam still sucks tho

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
http://youtu.be/tZVH_cdVXOE

This might be the funniest video they've ever released

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEC39gdispU

:getin:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I love how there's always one hidden gem in there. Apparently that T.E.C. game only got onto Steam Greenlight because so many people played it after their video.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Did they ever do a podcast where they talked about Kill La Kill? I just finished it (thanks netflix, now i'm some kind of dirty anime watcher) and i'd like to hear their opinions on it.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
woolie is killing all the enemies fairly easily and isnt losing many souls and has beaten most of the bosses in a reasonable time so to my gigantic scrublord mind i think this playthrough is going quite well?? i guess his poise isnt exactly 69 and hes not using a shield he's using a GREATshield but who gives a flying gently caress about that except for autists

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
People are so mad that they don't like naruto :allears:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The only good MMO was city of heroes and now it's dead. Honourable mention to guild wars 1 and 2 too i guess.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Man given the comments for the last video I was expecting them to have stabbed Kenny in the dick or something. Nope, just made some fairly practical and not particularly drastic choices.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I stopped watching DP about halfway through when it first came out and having rewatched it all the way to the end I really regret not going through with it in the first place. What a fantastically insane ending that game had.

Yakuza is almost worth watching just for the heat moves.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
the entire loving game was about kenny so if you hated his stupid rear end in season 1 you're not going to be thrilled when he is involved in EVERY SINGLE DECISION. especially since his entire story arc is a copy paste of season 1's so he's not even exploring interesting new ground or redeeming himself in any way AND the game is literally forcing you (or clem really) to act as if you're really close and attached to him. even when you instantly shoot kenny, insult him in every possible dialogue and contradict all his choices clem is still all "oh jane why did you make me shoot my friend and surrogate dad darn your eyes". it's just badly written rear end which makes people getting vitriolic over it twice as laughable

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Realtalk I wouldn't mind Fighterpedia making a comeback.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Rodyle posted:

Hm, so Bug Island, Alien, and what I wonder?

Cryme Tyme I hope

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I can't believe people were mad about them picking bug island

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

TheRealestMatt posted:

Who would be interested in a "WEEK OF SHAREWARE"

Only if it includes Jazz Jackrabbit 2, the greatest shareware game ever

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
5naf seems like a generic slenderman-esque horror game with resource management tacked on. Which is fine but I don't understand why it has this giant crazy fanbase all of a sudden. I feel like it's only a matter of time before some kid beats his friend to death with a duck because "I saw it in the video game!" like slender.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

quote:

Glad everyone likes Kraven Manor. 3 more shitstorms remain, along with the one I did alone, drunk.

finally the Matt Stares At that we've all been asking for

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Hey Matt, would you ever consider a God Hand playthrough and if so who would be at the helm?

also please do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The point of Cryme Tyme is to laugh at wigger games from the 90's, not really sure how hotline would fit into that