Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
SBF is one of the few that understands liking or not liking anime is the same thing as saying not liking movies or books. I never see anyone compare Dora the Explorer with King of the Hill just because they're both drawn. It's just dumb to put it all under the same umbrella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I swear, Pat is self-aware because he just bombed 3 KnowWhatImean in 10 seconds. I'm so glad they do 2 videos a day now because the previous schedule of a video every other day would hurt so bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Probably because Woolie worked on Video games QA testing which basically makes Pat's constant nagging a walk in the park in comparison.

Do not work in QA testing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

But generally because Strike has no general weakness, the easiest time to breeze through the game is carrying a mace and occasionally enchanting it for bonus damage because a majority of the enemies are armored in some way.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Despite Pat playing DS1 and DS2, he seems to way overestimate fall damage. Latest video and the one where you get Knives back in Giants are like baby damage when you fall.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't believe a TMNT video of all things is when the guys start making fun of Pat's Navi-ness in Dark Souls.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Wat. We don't like MGS4.

Hey, finish your talkthrough of it now that you have a website.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Games are expensive as poo poo to make and take a long rear end time, even if all of them were super expert programmers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Say what you will about Liam, he takes a calm approach and really points out the bullshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If the Ruin sentinels are loving Woolie up, they might as well skip the Rat Authority or even that room in Drangelic Castle where there's 5 of the Ruin Sentinels.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The mace is overpowered in the game considering it's a Strike weapon with B strength (which is really good, basically S+ dex in comparison). There's probably very few enemies it won't be super effective on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So basically they have 3.5 hours to beat each game or what?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hate PVP areas, I don't understand the appeal of areas that basically can't be completed until way past endgame.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Havel isn't a god, Pat I thought you were DS1's lore biatch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Woolie needs to watch Airbender and Pat needs to watch Justice League.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

No, it was mentioned in the latest DS episode.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Has anyone told Pat that doing the DLC as soon as they get to the Rotten is suicide? Because that place is basically endgame material.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Andrast posted:

If Woolie has a +10 weapon at that point what else does he really need?

I meant endgame material as in have the awareness to dodge the gank squad and the poison grunts that basically have infinite poise.

Also Jester Thomas.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Matt, tell Woolie to buy a crossbow. Or get one in Earthen Peak.

edit: Goddamn, Woolie's balls are back. I never tried dodging through the Chariot's wheels.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 22, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Man, the chariot wheels are a poo poo lot more lenient than I thought to dodge through. Woolie doesn't even have 100 ADP I think.

Anyways, is Youtube loving up uploading because the last couple of videos have been weird in quality.

Edit: I think the red bull is killing Pat's brain. He keeps thinking you fat roll if you hit above 60% weight load.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 24, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Boy, this is going to be a painful Earthen Peak run if Pat actively tells Woolie to not equip the moss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The golf swing is on the low bullet point of things Pat is either misinformed or doesn't know.

edit: Hey I bet Pat is conveniently forgetting during his rant on Big Dumb Guy with Hammer that Big Dumb Guy with Boulder populated half of bottom Blight Town. And the top had Big Dumb Guy with Club. Why are they in Blight town, Pat

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 26, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FatSamurai posted:

How the hell do you mix slice-of-life and post-apoc mecha?

I mean that's basically Gundam X.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How has Pat beaten the game 2.5 times and not realize crossbows have manual aim. Is he the Brad of Superbestfriends that refuses to experiment?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

I don't think he didn't know about that, he just didn't use/know the "manual target the vases" strategy that Woolie applied for that room.

I'm sure he actually doesn't know about manual targeting because he let Woolie manual target with binoculars at least 3 times in the episode, and you know Pat loves to correct Woolie to a near abusive level when he's wrong.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So Pat just told Woolie he's not getting the imitation blue sword, so that means they're not doing Benehort's questline?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Like, I don't mind Pat if he was wrong, it's that he's aggressively wrong in the "I'm right, shut the gently caress up Woolie." Woolie's actually doing better when he ignores Pat and experiments on his own, like knocking Desert Sorcerers into Poison or shattering the wood shutters in Copse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I see Smeltermania 2014 is off to a good start. :allears:

Gonna be interesting when they beat OIK, since that's the entrance to the new DLC. I have no idea if these recordings are that recent or if they even bought the dlc yet but seeing Woolie try to deal with an area even Pat doesn't know would be amazing.

The recordings are way back, and they're going to do the Sunken DLC first. Which I feel is still suicide, especially if Woolie is struggling hard with regular Iron Keep.

There is no way they should tackle the 2nd DLC unless Woolie goes deathless post Drangelic castle.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's basically everything that was good about the David Cage trilogy.

Also they abuse every chance to die.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I get so confused everytime they play Virtual Fighter or Tekken because I see Sarah for example and I see like no difference from Nina.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jesus christ half the game-overs are people that aren't looking at him or, in the latest video, someone that was behind a wall. The game's only saving grace is apparently the most generous checkpoint system outside of save states.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I laugh hard every single time they're doing a mini-game that's right next to a guy. Like holy poo poo, dude.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Avengers anime called Disk Wars, because Loki trapped all the heroes in Disks and the kids have to collect them all to rescue them.

Except Spider-man, he's like the guide.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe Pat should play Dark Souls again, because I think there's a super heavy nostalgia surrounding his bias and him completely making stuff up at this point.

Basically I can't wait until Pat sees Woolie wade through tedious bullshit like consuming souls one by one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

Dark Souls is a more flawed game than DS2, but also a better game. These aren't mutually exclusive.

Eh, I think DS is better at lore and NPC's but the 2nd half of DS is really bad and boring (they talk about bad boss fights in DS2, DS1 post warp powers are poo poo). DS1 has higher highs, but also way lower lows while DS2 is pretty consistent with arguably as high highs after all the DLC is released.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tomb of Giants was bad and Nito (along with all the 3 other Great Soul bosses) were all basically "Have enough HP, swing back" or the worst garbage like Bed of Chaos. I hate the 2nd of half DS1, but like I said I'm a minority voice because I played DS2 over 1 first and was disappointed the 2nd half was basically stand still and swing because the bosses were poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat bitched like hell whenever he talks about 30 fps and especially when The Last of Us had that option, so him going back to DS1 where it's maximum 30 and to a point 15 FPS even might kill him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The game wasn't designed for 30 FPS, and the game in general wasn't designed optimally because of how it uses light particles and probably some of the ragdoll/enemy placements.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I never laughed out loud as much as I did when they had the Waifu discussion. Pat's first waifu is apparently a girl from...Tekken? Or was is virtual fighter.

edit: That loving flip into the necksnap is nonsense, where did that come from

Tae fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rodyle posted:

You can't actually hear Pat booing Ninja Theory the Giant Bomb panel :saddowns:

Don't worry, apparently Patrick booed them.