Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man. Matt should probably get back soon. I listened to some of the podcast and Pat mentions someone could print a picture of him and hot glue it and there's nothing he could do about it.

poo poo's great.

Hot glue it to what? :razz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Her arm seized up? Was she okay?

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/816410987414900741

She's fineeee

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Paige's dick will keep getting bigger until it blocks out the sun, and then she will defeat the final boss of the DLC in an increasingly frozen arctic climate.

edit: Something something balls exposed on stream

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Liam/Woolie Nier Automata LP is killing me. Please just look at the map. Please. The map. You want sidequest locations and they're on the map and it says if you've done them or if they're available now THE MAP WOOLIE THE MAP

edit: I can't believe Liam has usurped Pat as the Guy Who's Wrong About All Of The Mechanics and Lore

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woolie please just use the bookmark bar as a storage for your tabs when you think you might reopen them, you have a problem

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Roth posted:

It's time for the 600 part Persona 4 lp.

600 fuckin parts of "Dude? Dude, we talked about this. You gotta say Culprit"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't think I could watch an LP of a Persona game. Like... what could the guys really put into it that I couldn't gain from just playing it myself? As a guy who does LPs I do understand that sometimes the commentator can turn the game from just a video game into a tv-show-like form of episodic entertainment... but when a game literally speaks for itself because it is almost a visual novel like Persona or say Danganronpa, what can they really add to it? This is why I've never understood LPs of actual visual novels like Doki Doki Literature Club or Hatoful Boyfriend or that one where All The Dads Are Gay.

edit: Dream Daddy is the name of the last one, I remembered it right after making the post, but I like my title too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's because they loving hate persona

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

Because people want Pat and Woolie, the personalities, to play and react to it. That's not a hard concept.

I guess I just don't see the point of it because essentially they would be talking over the other characters talking, the game doesn't give much room to react without stumbling over it trying to do its thing.

edit: The Giant Bomb run is a good example because they just talked about whatever over the cutscenes and dialogue and you absolutely were not watching it for Persona, but obviously the best friends would want to give it some respect because it's one of their favorite game series' collectively... which imo just wouldn't work well having watched these losers for ten thousand million hours over the years.

Some games are just not a fit for a straightforward LP and Persona is definitely one of them imo.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 20, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm glad they are calling it quits instead of continuing to peter out until they despise making videos online and each other, it's a much better call but one that so many content creators over the years never managed to make. Thanks for the years and years of entertainment, best friends!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

0 rows returned posted:

I want to say that "we're not friends" has always been pat and liams stance. They were coworkers and that's it.

Yup, I remember this being the case as well. They have both said that on separate occasions in regards to people asking 'how much do you four hang out outside of LPs/streams'. It still is a bummer that the answer was straight up "we're not friends" and not like, "we had more of a professional relationship only" or something, but I guess that's not really Liam's style.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

I'm not too worried about that. Paige has...interesting friends (which is to say, the Dick Show dude first and foremost, who's the one that got her into hot water anyway from what I know), but Pat's not part of that social circle and hasn't really given any hints of being that type of person.

I think Paige is just one of those people that is willing to look past someone's views in the name of personal relationships, which is the correct thing to do for people who like a different football team than you, and not the correct thing to do with alt right losers. She doesn't seem to recognize that being adjacent to those people, whether you agree with or don't agree with or even acknowledge their beliefs outside your interactions, means you are supporting them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Supersonic Shine posted:

The end of The End of Evangelion, but with the heads of the Super Best Friends and various figures from their lore shittily edited over the characters while Komm, süsser Tod plays in the background

I had hoped it would end with Liam on a beach choking Pat for their let's play atrocities but it just wasn't to be I guess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
imo takahata probably just forgot to tag him but based on his remade tweet being even less clear than the first one, uhh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The moment the solo stuff started it felt like there was an invisible countdown on the channel.

Pat Stares At was the death of the channel all along. I knew it would be.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the person who was asking about preferably-local other LP sources, I do them and people say they're good, I put lots of effort into them. Here's my favorite more conversational LP I've done with other people co-commentating and here's my favorite 'professional standard' LP featuring just me with lots of editing and information.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 17, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woolie's heart rate is tied to a literal dead man's switch, 999-style, that will upload a final video should he die that's just him giving double middle fingers to the camera while raving madly about how he will NEVER let's play another naruto game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The channel is better served now as a time capsule for the Best Friends 'brand' anyway I think. No reason to put any more videos on it at all.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The "parasocial relationship" thing only becomes a problem when your thought is 'how could they do this to me', otherwise it's fine and is completely normal and it's real annoying for people to act aloof and pretend it's a weird concept for weirdos.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, close the thread if you want but someone should make a new one for the rebirth of the podcast and the individual channels' vids at least. As heinous as the Giant Bomb thread is, it's an example of how following a main site/group and also their individual material is an appropriate subject for a thread in this subforum. Super Best Friends Play is done but the zaibatsu is still making stuff worth talking about.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think that is what most people are referring to when they say parasocial relationship as shorthand

That's fair, I just don't want it to become yet another annoying goon shorthand for "you care too much, unlike me who does NOT care too much :smug:"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

beep by grandpa posted:

Why does the thread need to be closed? Everyone's being chill here and if you don't want to read about sbfp then just unsub from the thread until a new one goes up? Or at least wait until new content goes up on the new content? Obv people still want to discuss it and either that happens now or the first few pages of the new thread get poo poo up. It's barely been 24 hours :/

It's mostly a good idea to me because this thread is four years old and 1200 pages long. Fresh start for the guys, fresh start for us following their videos. No reason to close it right this second though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Castle Super Beast, that's Super Beast Dot Com or Castle Super Beast Dot Com

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That LP infuriates me because they're super wrong and The Evil Within owns but I will never not enjoy clawing at my face watching the "Excuse Me" compilation

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MaxDuo posted:

Except then at work I looked at the thread later on and saw that I had missed around 2-3 pages of goons going "I BET IT WAS PAT'S NAZI WHITE SUPREMACIST BITCH GF" or "IT WAS GREEDY MATT AND MEAN LIAM."

God I hate goon hyperbole so much lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm glad Woolie is turning his emotional breakdown into an art piece. Uh... I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Any smoke effect that hurts you in a video game is now called fart gas by me thanks to the Best Friends