Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Their canned SF5 reaction was hilarious.

Also yeah see that is why most companies do pre recorded videos of demos. Cuz of stuff like that. I feel sorry for the guy who was playing UC4 live up there.

Also Pat's reaction to YK5 was still hilarious.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rodyle posted:

Katamariman is fantastic to watch.

I was really surprise to see him. I'm wait didn't he said he was done? :stare:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Don't get me wrong I do enjoy that it proof this wasn't fake or anything, but as a former QA tester, my reaction was pretty much like Woolie's.

It's oooh someones getting fired.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Lies, nobody liked 2.

Hell even story wise I think capcom even retcon 2 out of the drat game's storyline. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ground Zero at that price is pretty good, I would double dip it but i"m broke so :v:

Nuveem or whatever that site is called as Ground Zero 9 bucks so you can also go for that.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Better stop talking poo poo about Asura's Wrath.

The only poo poo I will give it is putting the real ending behind a DLC.

Dick move Capcom.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:smith:

Aww why you had to remind me of Maximo.

God such a good GNG revision. I loved all of that game. Every single part of it. It was GNG in 3D form, and they made it right the first time. The sequel was pretty great. I"m still sad we never got a third game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God I hope I land that QA gig at the end of the year. I really want to get a Wii U now. My GF is basically not even being subtle she wants to play Hyrule Warriors. :v:

And I so want it for Wonderful 101.

I dunno if Matt/Woolie/Liam can relate but the one thing that sucks about being a former QA tester, it's a pain in the butt to almost get another QA gig. It's like they almost hate anyone who has more than 2 years of experience in the field. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I initially wrote off KI as a joke because the first time I saw it I laughed how bad it looked (mechanically) but the fact you went gushing how good it is giving me second thought on actually trying it now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

TheRealestMatt posted:

Woolie raves about it too. Pardon me, I don't understand how you could think something LOOKS bad, mechanically, without ever playing it. I can entertain the notion of someone scoffing at something because of the character design or art style, but to think mechanics are a joke despite never going hands-on is a bit weird to me.

A top tier SFIV player recently wrote this excellent overview of the game mechanics, complete with gifs and full explanations of all the systems, it's pretty sick: http://ki.infil.net/basics.html

Hmm, when they showed it off at EVO. It felt like the fights dragged on way too much. Like the health bar was taking way too long to go down.

Stuff like that is what made me go, yeah this seems like it might not work.

But then again I was riding off the hype off EVO and I was like DON'T CARE about this new game, show me MAHVEL. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I really enjoyed that video for how deadpan Matt/Patt where.

Favorite part is, we will probably do an LP of Hell ride. *Pat in the back* gently caress THAT.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

I hope you burn in the fires of Berserk hell. :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
loving Ippo rules.

Jet PUNCHES.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My first exposure was a friend of mines and I was watching Grandma's boy and I always wondered if that Predator game was real. My friend said go look up Best Friends let's play of Concrete Jungle.

And I was hooked. :allears:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You are sounding alot like the dark souls people.

Stop it if I were you.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

TriffTshngo posted:

Yes, Super Mario RPG and Dark Souls are basically the same level of complexity.

Aka being obnoxious as the other posters.

In fact, like NeoGAF. When you are posting that you want to shout at them, you may wanna chill out.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If you are talking about the new version of the intro in Machinma, it's this version they use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEFR0On2M8

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dias posted:

Also, Rock the Dragon is the inferior song compared to those two.

You take that back right now.

(Chala/ and WE gotta Power do kick rear end though)

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 9, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

hubris.height posted:

honestly i'd just abandon all hope

Pretty much this. I was interested to see Kojima's take on it and considering the record Silent Hill has been having.

Silent Hills is pretty much screwed.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
OMG YESSSSSSSSSS

ZOE2

HYPE AS poo poo

Also that intro was the best ever.

gently caress you Beyond Two Souls, you piece of poo poo.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The fact that Madhouse is the one animating it is perfection.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Get the gently caress out.

Now.

:colbert:

There is a difference between anime doing and it being able to control a mech and doing it.

DO you know how many games loving failed on making mech games controll well before ZOE?

Gundam games weren't that great back then because how clunky they were and loving ZOE comes in and makes piloting a mech easy and fun.

And you can't just judge it because they are only doing set pieces of the game. There is way more things to do. Those parts are just consider the hypest set pieces they think shows off the game.

edit: Also gently caress you for dissing the Vector Canon. :mad:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 23, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Who said I was mad? I thought the emoticons were enough for that I was poking fun. If it's the swearing, I tend to use that for emphasizing.

You went out of your way to explain why you didn't like the game and why you had a negative reaction to it.

That's all I need.

Better than most of SA (Games thread)who just do a drive by post without explaining.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 23, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I wouldn't mind if they revisit Metal Wolf Chaos.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

If it comes to PC I will definitely play it.

Never gonna happen. Sony published. This is basically Demon Souls all over.

(Even thought the game does basically feel like Demon Souls 2. :v: )

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
MK's story is batshit insane and I love it. :colbert:

Also to add to CJacobs

If you didn't love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNkRvcUn6VM

Get out.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh my god. :allears: They are actually gonna LP this game.

Also seconding on Crush 40. They make the best butt rock.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Beef Waifu posted:

This, but he's not wrong. If it's just getting salty about Bloodborne then he's dumb, but if it's actual insults and poo poo like that, I can understand.

He kinda hints that the youtube comments have been more mean spirited. Not surprised though, Soul fans are the worst in YT comments.

edit: They coulda popped more insight, I mean they did say it was a while since they last did a video.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think Matt only reads this thread. I doubt Pat and Woolie do.

Then again I can't blame Pat for not having an SA account when some peeps here hate him. :v:

edit: No they aint. SA souls fans are still horrible. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 20, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That is probably my favorite episode. Yeah Batman and Superman get off on the wrong foot and all but it so hilarious how Batman's methods are to someone who never seen him fight.

My favorite moment is when Robin tells him to kick the desk over and you can tell Superman is giving the..are you serious look.

And then of course when Bane goes Oh poo poo when he thought killed Batman with the statue and he just brushes it off.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 28, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If it's the enemy I'm thinking, I can't blame them. That fucker will basically two shot your rear end with his gun. Also the hunter has way too much health.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah

http://gonintendo.com/stories/237911-platinum-s-kamiya-says-mighty-no-9-is-an-insult-to-capcom-mega

Though not suprised. Kamiya and Inafune never got along.

Wasn't Inafune the reason why Clover Studio was shut down? (Hence why Platinum Games was born?)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Charles Martel posted:

The only Metal Gear games I've played are the NES version and original MGS on the PS1 and that's enough for me to say MGS is my all-time favorite PS1 game. I really need to play the other ones.

Kojima may not like the NES games, but they were part of my childhood and had great music, drat it. :colbert:

Did he say that? I thought that was only for the sequel, Snake's Revenge.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was the same, but then I stopped that too. Really burned out on it so I'm thankful that it's almost over.

Boo this fun hater

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Watching MGS part 3 is making me turn into Pat. I really hope that Liam even attempts stealth in the future because it's boring watching guns blazing-wait for hp to come back.

Then watch something else then. LIam is gonna go balls out and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You seem to have a knack about bitching everything they do, so excuse me if my immediate retort was to be snappy.

It almost seems you nearly don't like anything they do.

edit: It's also hot as hell over here so I might be a bit cranky.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 8, 2015

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nah, it's fine. I like the channel but some things get on my nerves. I'm just vocal about it is all.

Hearing "Liam's so good at MGS" and have him busting into a outpost guns blazing and nearly dead at all times was just a bummer.

Fair enough mang, I apologize. It just sucks rear end here in Cali right now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah! I loved Dogma but man did I wish it was 60fps because the PS3 version was a little choppy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Andrast posted:

If by "a little choppy" you mean 20 FPS or even lower in some places, sure.

I was trying to be nice. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Al-Saqr posted:

is DD (dragons dogma) still even fun or has it aged poorly?

Still fun like hell last time I played. I still have my ps plus copy when they gave it away with one of the months with arisen.

Also yeah only 3 years old. The difference is it came out like what.. the 7th year of the PS3? By then alot of games got better tech wise and well the ps3 was showing its age.

(Especially with Dragon's Dogma)