Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Seriously, how is it legal to send axes through the mail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Like, seriously? It's legal because why would it not be.
Good enough reason. :black101:

e: And the final one for the week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvSZ1PTQ-Zc

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 8, 2014

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Yeah, I'll take stupid over contrarian any day of the week.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

The friends getting into a gigantic 10 minute Tekken Story argument and Matt owning all of them in the end by shouting I WROTE TEKKEN FAN FICTION, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT TEKKEN?! made me laugh so hard, haha those nerds.

Not as hard as I did when the argument between Matt and Woolie about which iteration is the best ending with the game making GBS threads the bed TWICE at the perfect moment.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Ayo, when's mahvel? Right now, fuckers!

e: drat IT.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 26, 2014

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
It took the noble sacrifices of Shockmastr and LL Cool J, but Alakazam is finally down!

e: Oh, they're hosed.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

The Hulk game that preceded Ultimate Destruction had stealth missions where you play as Banner and try not to get angry. Awful. Also Hulk could fire gamma lasers in that one for some reason.
Unfortunately, that game is backwards compatible while HUD isn't.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9vl0pbandc

The bullshit in the first thirteen minutes of this video is why I returned this game the day after I bought it and got Anarchy Reigns instead.

e: Also Matt, Code Chronos was supposed to be a prequel involving Ayane and Kasumi that never got off the ground.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 16, 2014

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I thought he just didn't want to spoil it for the other guys?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Yeah, the bit with the dog seems incredibly manipulative. Like, the entire reason for it is to make you feel lovely.
While I won't argue that the scene overall comes off that way, I can speak from personal experience that dogs get really loving mad when you take away food you placed in front of them.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow this game is a lot stupider than I thought it would be, after seeing the choices matt and pat made I checked to see every other choice and its consequence, nope, not a Goddamn difference no matter what choices you made.

I'm super glad I never bought into TWD hype neither for the game nor the show.

I mean, they EXPLICITLY did not steal from the Russian dweeb but the scenario still insists they had. Wow.

Not that it really changes anything, but Jane kept his revolver.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Dias posted:

Let me offer you a counter-point: Kenny's plan was bound to fail.

They turn him and Clem down because the place's too full. That's two people (well, three, there's the baby). The original group was six people plus the baby. Even if they cut a deal to get Clem and AJ in, that still leaves five people stranded up north in the middle of winter with little resources. In the short term, the Howe's was the better decision - there's a greenhouse there, some food and it's fortifiable. The only reason why it works out for Clem is because the group fell apart due to Kenny being volatile and angry towards everyone and everything not named "baby" or "Clementine".

Let's say Kenny manages to lead the entire group to Wellington and they all get rejected. What makes anyone think that Kenny wouldn't try to raid the place and either destroy one of the last bastions of civilization or get everyone but Clem killed in the process?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, what's to say Kenny doesn't just murder the baby out of spite and use it's body to summon Satan to raise and undead army!

Wasn't raising an undead army his idea when they escaped from Carver?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

CJacobs posted:

They do try really hard to make you care about Kenny and the guys just weren't having any of it I guess. If you thought Kenny was a shitbird during Season 1 you're probably gonna think he's one during Season 2 as well.

Nah, I sided with Kenny throughout the entirety of the first season with the exception of dropping Ben in the bell tower. This game did all it could to kill every bit of goodwill I had towards him, starting with his survival in the first place.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Is it just me or does Matt's audio cut out around the time they start talking about Godzilla?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Being condemned by her church and half her family might've had a hand in that, too.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I thought the breakdown was gonna be eight classic characters, four that haven't been seen in a while and four completely new ones, at least at launch.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Oh no, this teenage girl is so overemotional right after finding her best friend's corpse in a junkyard.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Someone needs to strap Liam down in a chair with his eyes pried open as this episode of the Jimquisition plays on repeat.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Why was there a panel for 6 people?

Woolie announced a tournament for Slap Happy Rhythm Busters and those were the only people that stayed.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

doos posted:

I'll probably name the Magus sisters Angelica, Eliza and Betty Peggy.

Because I'm a dorky white dude.

ftfy.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
They have three or four more levels after this before they reach the final stretch of the game but holy poo poo, watching Woolie play is like watching my middle-aged dad fumble around with the Duke.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, they've got San Diego to finish, then Hawaii, Vancouver, Slam City Jam, then Jersey Redux. So still a good stretch left.

Oh, you're forgetting the height of Eric's pure-strain fuckery in Moscow.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Swear to Christ, we'd be at the end credits by now if they weren't DSPing it so hard.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I was wondering how in the hell they were ever gonna pass that stealth mission. Not how I expected.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
It's been well established that Pat hates music.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
The next non-DLC case is about a fixed boxing match between a black rookie and a British fighter past his prime, what do you think?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Next one should be the last one, provided that Bites the Dust doesn't active again.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
How many years did Pat work in a grocery store again?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I cant bear to listen pat and woolie besmirching hxh

Start a youtube channel, worked for Eyepatch.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's a fringe conspiracy theory that claims that white people are genetic experiments created by an evil doctor (probably true)

You're thinking of Yakub.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Tae posted:

The only person that said the hard R word is Liam in a podcast.

Nah, he also let it slip in the Star Fox Adventures LP.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Farg posted:

i cannot fathom the mind that would decide to shout out that quote, even if everyone in the office knew what it was
Imagine someone whose only marketable skill was gaming.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
You're really questioning the economy in a universe where you can get your own robot slave for less than the price of a crappy used car?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Hell yeah, I can finally rewatch the Nuzlocke finale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

its not a good game

Absolutely, it's a fantastic game.