Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

RareAcumen posted:

I was just going for 'same characters, different universe'

I feel like you're giving DR chapter 1 a lot more hype than it needs.

I think there's definitely some recency bias, paired with Undertale being well-covered ground in our minds by this point, but something about Deltarune really popped compared to Undertale so far. And if we scale the comparison back to Undertale's "Chapter 1," The Ruins, it blows it completely out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Considering how often people get upset when Matt clearly isn't feeling a game, I'm glad they're actually assessing and not committing.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I;ll watch the first few episodes for them to pop off over Wakka, then see how it goes from there.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ConanThe3rd posted:

So is this gonna be exclusively KH 1 or are they road to wreslemaina'ing this?

In my books, the ideal is 1, 2, and nothing else. Matt insisting it's fine.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Dias posted:

Harry is a trust fund kid that is good at sports, relatively successful at dating, is always picking fights with other preppy assholes, is blatantly favored by school administration and sneaks out all the time to hang out in the woods with his friends.

He also split a man's face in half once and got away with a slap on the wrist, and his dad was such a chad that it got both himself and his wife killed.

At least he shot a nazi snakeman in the face tho.

Don't forget he grows up to be a cop, and gives one of his kids a fancy hyphenated name based on two successful men. He also keeps trying to buy solid gold objects just because he can.

Harry is absolutely a wizard chad.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Realtalk, I wouldn't be surprised if we got more Matt-Liam collabs now that Matt doesn't have both his Zaibatsu work and his solo stuff to juggle.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

TheManSeries posted:

I legit hope Matt and Woolie aren't feuding too. Those two have a good dynamic together and have been through a lot together in QA.

Honestly, I would feel awful if Woolie lost any friendships over this. The friendships he had with Liam and Matt were really great.

Similarly, I'm glad Matt and Pat now have the chance to grow in their own direction instead of being stuck tethered despite irreconcilable differences. As much as it sucks to see them split, this is hopefully the best thing for them.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, Matt abandoned thread a while ago, and if he did pop in all our speculation and detail hunting is probably going to just make him turn away again. But on the off chance he is reading:

Seriously, man, thanks a ton. SBFP was downright formative for me, considering how young me and my friends were when it started up. You guys shaped a lot of our gaming tastes and had a big impact on our sense of humor. A lot of people gonna miss you, and maybe all the detail-digging and shitposts are just a way of dealing on that front. But in the end, I think everyone in this thread's in agreement that we hope things are well for you all.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I wonder if a move to Fire Pro could've been intriguing, since those games have a lot of robust AI tweaking. But that might hinder the sheer 2kuality of it all.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
"There's no time" has to be one of my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I swear I heard sandbagging something elsewhere first but I use that a lot.
"Wha happon" and it being spelled different ways in online conversations happens a lot
"Aw he hates it! He loves it!" comes up a shocking amount
Rarely I'll end stuff subconsciously with "family... family family" if a a scene is trying to be serious and fails and uses that word.
"I can't believe that happ-oned" just matches the pikachu face that goes around
I used to say Yucking a lot when I'm trying to describe someone having a goofy dumb laugh and SBF brough that back

That's about it. Personal take is that Matt isn't all that funny a lot of the time- but he does have some really easily quotes to adopt gosh.

I feel like Matt tends to have some of the highest highs, especially when he's feeling it.