Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The episode sort of leads me to believe Pat doesn't quite understand the concept of spin-offs.

Al-Saqr posted:

Pat x Liam LP let's do this.

It'd better be some kind of embarrassing anime game, preferably Project X Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Add me to the "not a huge fan of Liam club", but I just can't like his oddly pointless devil's advocate stance of basically everything, which happens to be dumb optimism just because of how soul crushingly pessimistic Pat is. I don't agree with many of their opinions (such as them not liking One Piece or Pat not liking Etrian Odyssey), but I still enjoy listening to them excitedly talk about whatever, but Liam kind of annoys me even in the LPs themselves, he just doesn't seem as excited/energetic/furious about dumb menial bullshit like the rest are.

Pat is probably my favorite especially when paired off with Matt. I like fighting games and Woolie talks about fighting games so I guess I like Woolie, also he keeps the Podcast on-topic. I don't really like Matt's solo stuff, but I like him in the podcast and in the LPs.

Also, who the gently caress decides to keep unironically watching an anime after they've discerned it's most likely going to have lots of incest? Goddammit Liam.

Pat should totally listen to more of the F Plus and talk more about crazy internet bullshit on the podcast.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Pat needs to make an account so he has people to talk about the F Plus with.

Maybe also so he can get banned for raging about games in the games subforum.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

TheRealestMatt posted:

I think I was referencing an old Powerman 5000 song when I said that...but I'm not sure! lol

Really glad everyone's enjoying the Skullgirls and Shovel Knight stuff!

Have you guys tried Eliza out in the beta yet? She's very Jojo-esque. her taunt is named Face/Off

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Kaptain K posted:

A fighting game you're all equally inexperienced with would be a great change of pace for the next Fisticuffs.

I'm pretty sure they'll play Blazblue at some point.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Someone get Pat to post in this thread and have him talk about why he wants to burn down Something Awful.
Also I guess the SBF website is up

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

The manga gets even worse. I pretty much stopped reading it, it was funny/cringeworthy for a while but it's clear the author's started to run out of ideas.

Now I want someone on SBF who's watched Watamote to read Masturbation Master Kurosawa for a non-humorous look at a total shitbag character who actually realizes what a horrible person they are and does something about it.

Oh, and Matt, if you want to send Liam to this thread, I think he might find some good series to read. Hell, you might enjoy some, it's mostly non-uguu poo poo, such as I Am A Hero(which rules and has some of the best artwork in a manga ever, maybe a peg below Berserk), Nausicaa, Ressentiment, ONEPUNCH MAN, A Silent Voice, Fortress of the Apocalypse, Teppu, and dozens of others.

edit: read ONEPUNCH MAN, for reals, there's pretty much no other manga with animate-able artwork

Watamote should have just abruptly ended with Tomoko getting professional help for her crippling social anxiety, the best thing it could happen pretty much at any point in the story without any problems.

I second basically all you've said, but that the first thing on that list after ONEPUNCH MAN should be Teppu, which is about Women's MMA and being a huge smug rear end in a top hat, and it's drawn really well too.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Was Pat trying to completely wrap himself up in clingfilm?

Because if that's his goal he was wasn't too far off.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Please make Pat play all the comic games by himself from now on.

Occasionally have Liam pop in and tell him he's wrong and then go away and leave Pat by himself again.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

3rd Strike is probably the highest level of play we'll ever see in fisticuffs, but it was excellent.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I'm super hoping for Persona Q to come out and for Pat to begrudgingly really like it.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Will there be a video for the Konami livestream as well? I want to see Pat getting a heart attack in real time.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

HGH posted:

Indie Games is great as usual. It's like the best thing to come back to if you ever run out of material.
Also now I'm disappointed you guys aren't doing PT if only because Matt can't complain about the lack of PT Cruisers.

Pretty sure XBLIG is dying so there might not be enough new games by the next time they run out of content.

I kind of wish I didn't watch all of supergreatfriend's XBLIG stuff, because there might have been two or three games in the whole video I hadn't seen before. It was a good call skipping all the games that are basically amiga games but worse though because those are really irredeemable.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

He looks almost cool enough to be a character in a Raidou Kuzunoha game.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

straight jerkers posted:

I cannot wrap my head around their problem with persona q

It's because it's pretty much Etrian Odyssey: Persona, but I don't think Pat has explained his extreme hate for Etrian Odyssey beyond "I tried one of the games once", he probably doesn't know that the mapping mechanic is entirely optional in the newer games.
It's not that different from Persona 1 or SMT:Strange Journey in the exploration sense, and the battles are just straight-up traditional JRPG battles like in Dragon Quest, but kind of difficult and interesting.
I'm sure they'd all admit that the soundtrack to the games is amazing though.

I think the rest just said they haven't tried Etrian Odyssey and follow Pat's advice?

gently caress, now I want to play Etrian Odyssey 4 again.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

The things about the 90's arcade racer on the podcast confuse me, they say stuff about Nicalis in the podcast and about how the game is finished, but the link on the site goes to the Kickstarter page where they say that the game is being delayed because they're redoing the AI and tweaking the controls so it feels good to play, which sounds like what they've been talking about whenever they mention polishing a game before release?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Yo Matt, you guys should watch the anime Parasyte (Kiseijuu in Japanese) this season, it's basically about a dude who has a version of John Carpenter's The Thing replace his arm.

It's based off of a manga people say is really good. It's also Halloween appropriate I guess, it does have some body horror.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I can't believe the time ethics discussion had no Jojo spoilers in it.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Man, D4 is amazing so far. Really looking forward to more of it.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Dias posted:

My criteria for picking characters in a fighting game can be summed up as "does this girl has a cool outfit? also no execution requirements"

(Rose, Poison, Asuka/Jun, Nina/Anna, Squigly/Peacock, VSion/Aoko)

Also, my Wei Shen wears whatever goofy poo poo I can put my hands on, like a luchador mask or the monk outfit.

Why is Eliza not there? You even get to choose what outfit her winpose has by holding certain buttons.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

quakster posted:

sa is a hilarious trainwreck

you talk as if NeoGAF isn't a hilarious trainwreck as well

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Hey Matt, how niche are you guys willing to consider for fighting games for Fisticuffs(or just for normal videos)?

Would you do weird doujin games like the Touhou fighting games?(Immaterial and Missing Power is a legit fascinating fightgame) Bizarre rip-offs like Tattoo Assassins? Regular crazy bullshit like Power Instinct? Or just plain licensed games like the One Piece of Kinnikuman fighting games for things you might not familiar with?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Watching the Woolie vs. Japan finale, I suddenly came to the startling realization that I hadn't noticed the fact that Woolie curses a ton until now.

All those Japanese people in the background must have been constantly wondering why the scary foreigner is loudly cursing all the time.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Matt what are your thoughts on Ferguson's decision last night? I've been watching StreamZ since midnight.

Did Ferguson Jenkins do something lately? He's known for being the first Canadian to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame, it can't be that you're talking about something that isn't Canada related here.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Pat's a fan of Atlus because of Persona I know that but has he ever said anything about the Etrian Odyssey series?

As far as I know, he said he hates Etrian Odyssey multiple times because he tried one of the games once, and didn't like it.

Hopefully he'll enjoy talking a whole bunch about Etrian Odyssey next episode, since not only is Persona Q out, they announced two new Etrian Odyssey games, in addition to the one that comes out in a few days in Japan.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Tae posted:

Each episode would roughly take about 17 minutes, depending on how Pat watches his episodes. And that's being generous, assuming he's not doing something else like watching it on a 2nd monitor.

But he could binge so much faster if he read the manga instead! He might even be capable of reading all of One Piece in 24 hours, if he only takes 1 minute and 52.5 seconds on average per chapter, and never takes a break.

On second thought, maybe doing it in two days is more reasonable.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey do you want to hear Youtube comments congealed into one object? Well listen to the Super Best Friends Cast. Thanks Obama.

You guys know how to work a brand.

A gelatinous cube made out of unadulterated YouTube comments would be terrifying.

Also, by the way, has anyone pointed out to Pat and Matt that the save room music in TEW is Debussy's Clair de Lune? I haven't caught up to the most recent episode, so maybe they've been told that already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

I might be the only person here excited for this possibly happening, but hey, I guess this might be a thing: