Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
So like a week before the Best Friends started doing their friday fightgames I and a couple of my friends started a friday night fight tradition.

We were trying to think up names for it and we settled on Friday Night Fight Club, and I was super salty when like a week later the Zaibatsu came out with Friday Night Fisticuffs. Such a good name...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Goddamn that Hulk video was the hypest poo poo. I need to get that game.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Yo Wehn's Weaponlord?!

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Man when Matt started going on about Skeleton Warriors it was nagging me in the back of my mind that that concept was familiar to me. Now that I watched the video with him and Woolie playing that ps1, I finally realized that I watched the poo poo out of that show when I was a kid.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
I'm surprised that Pat had to look up what the Gordian Knot was.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

Hopefully you'll go back and finish it. Because god drat does it finish strong in the hilariously overwrought category, easily the rival of Indigo Prophecy. In fact, I'm going to say four words, just four words, to encapsulate how insane and off the rails B2S gets. You ready?

Underwater.

Chinese.

Ghost.

Base.

This guy knows what's up.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Bullshit we have video evidence of you not liking certain games :colbert:

Nuzlocke in particular.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Aw poo poo this weekend is Canada Cup. I know Woolie has basically dropped out of the competitive fgc but I'd still love to see him (try to) compete.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
So does Pat lean towards the Psychoanalysis school wrt psychology? He makes a lot of reference to Freudian constructs even if they are less applicable than cognitive-behavioral/neuroscience models. I know he has said in the past that he dislikes neuroscience models but it'd be kinda surprising if he was some weird neo Freudian.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Tae posted:

Pat thinking only hipsters like T-Rex is somehow the most Pat thing ever.

As in "Bang a Gong" T Rex? Not even hipsters have heard of those guys.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Tae posted:

As in the dinosaur Tyrannosaurus Rex when discussing favorite dinosaurs.

The true hipster response to that question is Giganotosaurus :colbert:

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Listening to the podcast, and I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Princess Bubblegum is secretly evil. All my friends think I'm crazy.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I can't believe Matt remembers Mortis from WCW:

I'm pretty sure the gimmick was invented just so Glacier would have someone to feud with.

Is it just me or was WCW basically the Mortal Kombat of wrestling organizations?

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
nWo Sting was basically quan chi

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

HGH posted:

This is a weird place to ask, but Bio-Freak reminded me of a game I played 15 years ago, it was a fighter where you played as action figures in mundane locations (kitchen tables, bedrooms) and while fighting you could punch out limbs and the head and stuff and it was really silly. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Maybe the Small Soldiers movie tie in game?

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Pat didn't know what Big O was? A shameful display! :colbert:

Hey man, don't drag me into this. I love Big O.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah they're going to be doing both endings. They talked about it a couple podcasts ago.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

I uh... hmm.

That's an unfortunate way to label a podcast.

E: and now I know why. Goddammit Liam, sometimes you're brilliant.

AShamefulDisplay fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Apr 21, 2015

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

But is there a Jurassic Park fighting game for Fistiscrubs?
Jurassic Park Warpath.

It's... definitely gonna be a Scrublords.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Silentman0 posted:

So there's the Gensis/SNES Jurassic Park, the Sega CD Jurassic Park, the fighting game, the sim game, Trespasser, Telltale, what else am I forgetting?

There was a Lost World game for PS1. If I recall correctly you can play as a t Rex in that one.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Yo Matt when's MK Mythologies full lp

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
drat when I heard "Sega Jurassic Park game" I thought they were gonna be playing this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Khacdh5LUE

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
So Pat will play Ride to Hell but not MK Mythologies. This is a travesty

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
It was bad in the sense that Nintendo had a poo poo ton of filler. Coming right out the gate with star fox and not having a legit demo of the new Zelda game really blunted their momentum, then just a bunch of fluff. I thought it was fine but I can definitely understand why some folks wouldn't be happy.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Pat: "Man, you've gotten real good at the shooting in this game."

Matt: "I guess." :smith:

I think this game is slowly breaking Matt.

I love how this game is basically the negaverse version of deadly premonition. It's hosed up and broken but has a lot of heart. The difference being that DP is actually interesting and this game is like a shifty black label society music video.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

No, he meant Deadly Premonition has heart.

I mean both have heart. It's just that Ride to Hell has heart in the wrong place and isn't a huge ripoff if twin peaks. Which means it is the worser game.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Holy poo poo Matt was totally right and Lance Hendrickson is totally a detective in Terminator 1. gently caress

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Genetic Toaster posted:

These week on Scrublords: poverty
This isn't poverty, it's debtor's prison.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
That was the most adorable promo ever cut.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Well that was a swerve

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Magna Kaser posted:

MGS4 is actually a pretty high tier MGS game. It goes:

MGS 2 > Rising > MGS 4 > MGS 1 > MGS 3 > Ac!d > Peacewalker > Portable ops

Though they're all good games.

:getout:

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Holy poo poo The Man Who Sold the World is perfect for metal gear.

Is the ost out yet? I think I might need it.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
I'm really enjoying Matt and Pat marking out over Until Dawn's plot twists :allears:

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

You guys are too easy.

Dance puppets dance!

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Decided to check the last episode of game of thrones since i'm bored and yooo mystic knight of tir na nog!

Wait wat.
You mean that wasn't a fever dream.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Forceholy posted:

I don't think a podcast based on video games is the best place to get opinions on a sports based event.

Considering they got the winner of the Super Bowl wrong,

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Lmao where did that come to light?

On one of the podcasts I think he talked about how WWI they used muskets. He's not wrong about some of the fighting being done on horseback though, especially in the East.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

HGH posted:

Is Pat archiving these FFXV and Bloodborne streams somewhere off Twitch? I hate their archives and can only barely view them on Mobile graphics settings.

If you search youtube for "Paigeborne" some random has most of those streams cut up into 20-30 minute chunks.

Don't know about FFXV

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Dias posted:

Now in YT form for your easier consumption, Paige getting her ovaries exposed on stream for EVERYONE to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDNS3Vx27Q

IT'S A BIIIIIIIIIIIIRD

Had the pleasure of watching this live and it was def something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Am I wrong in assuming that you're supposed to save the "Love Your Enemy" card until the last play?