Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

So, have I missed something or there hasn't been a Retsutalk with Woolie yet? I was really looking forward to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Charles Martel posted:

I never played any of the games in the Sadness Trilogy and avoided those videos due to spoilers, but I'll go ahead and watch them since god only knows when I'll have the time and patience to play them myself.

Fighterpedia was good, too. The best thing I took away from watching their MAGFest panel is that they have future plans for Scrublords. Can't wait.

These three series of LPs (IP, HR, BTS) are probably my favourite. It just feels so satisfying to listen to them deconstruct whole games and lose their minds over ridiculous :wtc: moments.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Matt, Woolie and Liam tackle (slight pun intended) Pokemon Nuzlocke run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB41G9Y1TM. Mad props for editing out all the grinding.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Pat has written that "the following week will have at least 3 mailbag videos". I don't know if that's a great thing or the greatest thing. Only time will tell.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

The moment where Woolie receives a gameboy might still be my favourite moment of Mailbag series. The dude was totally gonna cry, and I can't blame him.

(But everybody knows that losing in Super Best Friends Brawl is the only reason Woolie will secrete tears, though. Salty, delicious tears.)

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I was surprised to find out that this was actually a controversy. Is this really so bad that it nearly warrants a -gate suffix?

'Swordgate' sounds sweet, though.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I remember Woolie said in Retsutalk that he doesn't like unfinished LPs.
So he ain't dropping the Nuzlocke, you guys. Papa Woolie's got them principles.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Matt and Liam finish Guts' Rage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU9gvbQrmnk

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Depths posted:

They would have a fight to the death using all of those swords that they were sent

Matt would win and invest that money into various Kickstarter projects so that they would all include Baz.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm trying! Been eating way better, and getting more exercise.
That reminds me, what did you do with all your mailbag cereal?

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Pat=Guts, Matt=Skull Knight, Liam=Puck, Woolie=Donovan

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

Remind me not to look at the comments for Walking Dead anymore.

Fixed that for you, Matt. That is the only sane option in the Internet.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Rodyle posted:

Jokes aside I didn't end up liking Guacamelee much by the end. The platforming just gets too crazy, especially since you have to do poo poo like Tree Tops to get the good ending. I never went to Calaca's stage at all.

The fact that the good ending is only available through additional shenanigans is just infuriating. Also, content-wise it wasn't a very varied game. I liked it for what is was worth, though.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Yes. Yes! YES!

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Liam is the Pat we need.
Pat is the Pat we deserve.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

Who would be interested in a "WEEK OF SHAREWARE"

I raise two hands: mine and my roommate's.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

Calling it:- it's a "drop your shield" shirt.

And the back says "Know what I mean?".

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

My friend and I really liked Pocket Rumble, I just hope our few bucks will make a difference.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Do not even ask posted:

No one in the entire world knows about Alien Soldier except Woolie.

Woolie is also an excellent Alien Soldier backseat gamer, as evidenced by him being a guest on Slowbeef's no death run. The hype he produced there was just unbelievable.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

There is a criminally low amount of hamburgerphones in Life is Strange.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

FauxGateau posted:

Darksyde Phil is not the second coming of Andy Kaufman guys...
...because he IS Andy Kaufman.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Guys, you would not believe me. I have, honest to god, seen that game before, I remember it from some guy's review. They actually released it in Russia, slapped some media celebrity's name on it (Roman Trachtenberg, died in 2009) and changed the character's model to resemble it. Well, changed is too strong a word, they simply recolored his hair. Oh, and said celebrity acted out the cutscenes, too. Surely because this video game looked really promising.

Here's the guy losing his mind over this game (in Russian), and it is ABSOLUTELY, 100% the same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2acfaF3v4&t=82s

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fA0vXYaYJI
Guitar youtube man made this hype rear end poo poo, hope they replace the intro for the rest of the playthrough with this one

Woolie retweeted this, so at least they are aware of it.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

drat, they get so greedy when fighting with Blood-Starved Beast. I don't blame them, though.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

DumbparameciuM posted:

I love that you can basically feel the force of Miyazaki's erection through the most recent BB video. Pat saying "Okay, backstepping her attacks is death!!!"

Now I'm interested in seeing how gun-jumper Liam plays Bloodborne. His LP would have probably ended by now.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

There was a suprisingly high amount of progress in Bloodborne.
Also, I'm proud for you, Woolie.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

The main point point of concern is not that Pat played ahead (I don't actually mind this and think it COULD help their LP a bit), but that he didn't think it necessary to tell Woolie about it. If your way of playing a game doesn't work out, just discuss and change it. I'm sure Woolie was itching to play ahead in his own time as well but he was adult enough not to.

Also, from what little I saw in their DS2 LP, Pat is a very annoying backseat gamer who doesn't let anyone experience something without outright telling what to do and spoiling stuff. I just don't want this to be the case again.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Wow, Woolie actually learned to run. A bit. Sometimes.

Still, I'm proud.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

At least Liam is the most competent at video games. Chiefly due to not having been corrupted by age yet.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

"Ha, these guys are gonna have their asses handed to them by Shadows!"
Woolie kills them on his third try, Pat kills them off screen.
"Can't wait until Rom obliterates them!"
Woolie kills Rom, no sweat.
"Amygdala is going to crush them!"
Woolie kills Amygdala while dodging most of her attacks.

I may have raged at their baffling Vit/End choices, but in the end it was all worth it just to see Youtube comments getting real salty.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The Mummy trilogy is one of my guilty pleasure things. I fully agree it's dumb as poo poo, but it's the fun kind of dumb that knows how dumb it is.

My friend lent me the second one, and I've watched it maybe five times over just two weeks. I legit think that the second movie is one of the funnest action adventure films.
(I also think Alien 3 is great, and Kill Bill vol. 2 is infinitely better than vol. 1. So there.)

On another note, thanks to Liam and Matt, I finally got to fulfilling the dream of my childhood and 100% completed Aria of Sorrow. The one complaint I might have is that, barring some bosses, it very quickly becomes trivial even if you're underleveled.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

I dunno, Pat's reasoning is too trivial. My roommate who hates Superman despite never having read a single Superman story uses the exact same arguments.
Also, gently caress, if I had been a DC fanboy, it'd be REALLY hard to like these guys. Their disdain for everything that is not Batman is just mind-numbing.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Thanks to Matt and Liam, I picked up Life is Strange today and I'm really loving enjoying it. I wasn't keen on some of their choices, so I thought I'd go for a slightly different route. Obviously, my experience is more slow-paced (which I like; I want variety in my games) and the first 10 or 15 minutes I was just browsing through Max's journal.

Man, they nailed it with her diary. Like, this is EXACTLY how I would write my own notes (except for swooning over a handsome teacher). Almost verbatim, even. Down to puns and self-depricating humor. The writing can be a bit rough around the edges, but I find Max's character very relatable. The story of hopeful dreaming of positive changes in your life and subsequent demoralization when challenged by your own social ineptitude hits close to home for me. The dialogues don't offend me as much as they seemingly do for the rest of people (maybe because English is not my mother tongue), and I find the overall cheesiness of interactions to be on par with my memories of high school.

I probably won't have enough inner reserves to hold off completing the game before they do, but it'd be interesting to see how much, if at all, our choices matter.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

hoobajoo posted:

They're all like this, it's just a unnatural-sounding potpourri of dialects, so the problem a lot of people have is a pretty high-level one.
For me, the problem wasn't misplaced slang (although I rolled my eyes and groaned a couple of times at it during the LP), it's that the characters' wit often reaches Whedon's level of overwritten-ness. I understand the need to create engaging interactions, but sometimes it's wise to dial it down. I sort of accepted it and moved on. Plus, my own high school period interactions were pretty groan-worthy.

More breathing space between jokes and puns would have been great, though.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Liam has been on point for the last few months now.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Based on Pat's condescending, contemptuous and bossy nature, he's either got the largest dick in their group or the smallest.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Goons gonna be goons.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

The other new LP is a horror game with Pat, myself, and Liam. Should be good!

My guess is Kholat.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

PC is the Europe of consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Liam still on fire in Shattered Memories Pt 2.

2015 is a Year of Liam.