Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cumshot in the Dark
Oct 20, 2005

This is how we roll
I was introduced to these guys through their Heavy Rain playthrough. Initially I thought these guys would just be 'lol whacky youtube stars' but they've surprised me thoroughly. They actually seem to be genuinely thoughtful when breaking down why or why not certain things in games work, and they have a great sense of humor and a ton of energy that is refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumshot in the Dark
Oct 20, 2005

This is how we roll

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Their Two Souls assault has been the best I've seen. It's easy to make "FUCKIN DAVID CAGE" jokes but I like how Pat goes into poo poo like how because David has said 'game overs are a failure of the designer' he has zero tension in anything because the risk of failure is gone, and how the only things that give him any feeling of control are the poorly done martial arts poo poo. It's really nice to hear WHY David Cage is an idiot instead of just being reminded of that objective fact.

Also Attack On Titan Baby.
Them accurately guessing correctly about nearly everything in the game beforehand is fantastic.
The thing that bothers me the most about Two Souls is the fact that the story doesn't even bother to utilize the non-linear aspect in an interesting way. No two segments feel connected thematically (aside from Ellen Page's character getting hosed over by everyone) or subtextually.

Maybe the whole game is a meta-commentary on the lack of meaningful choice/lovely stories in games.