Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

It makes sense for weapons, but I can't help finding it funny that heavy armour suddenly becomes less sturdy just because a mage is wearing it. :v:

Edit: just changed around my characters' jobs for the first time. Up until now I thought Ringabel's level-up animation was like that because he was a performer, but no it's unaffected by jobs, that's just how he is. I think I know who my favourite character will be :allears:

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Suaimhneas posted:

It makes sense for weapons, but I can't help finding it funny that heavy armour suddenly becomes less sturdy just because a mage is wearing it. :v:

Would you want to wear metal while hurling lightning about? :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

It might be meant to signify that the armour doesn't become less sturdy, just that a mage is less adept at wearing heavy armour than a warrior or knight would be. *

The fact that each person can be an adept mage or knight at the toss of a coin is politely ignored in this scenario.

e: * To clarify, to the point of it being detrimental and where a robe would be more effective.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 16, 2013

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Hahaha, I just completely trivialised the minotaur fight by putting Transience, Comeback Kid and Turn Tables on all my characters and having them keep Utsusemi up at all times. I don't think he managed to hit anybody more then two or three times for the whole fight.

Thanks for the tip about evading its attacks, quest giver person!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I did that fight and had him taunted to avoid it hitting anyone but my knight but it managed to slip its heavy attack through on its last BP and one-shot my Ninja. I was all set to revive him but someone went just after it and killed it.

My perfectly balanced EXP values, shattered. :negative:

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I haven't used my 3DS too much, but is there a way for a NA region to get a EU demo? Like with home brew or anything not terribly dangerous or complex?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Spectral Werewolf posted:

I haven't used my 3DS too much, but is there a way for a NA region to get a EU demo? Like with home brew or anything not terribly dangerous or complex?

Nope, you're just gonna have to wait it out.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Nope.

Homebrew on 3DS is pretty much not gonna happen in any way that's not dangerous or complex for a long, long while. Nintendo's got an iron grip on how data is handled, to the point where they can remotely delete games and apps from your system if they think you got them through illicit means.

I have heard that if you've got a 3DS with old firmware it's hackable, but the second you connect to the internet homebrew becomes pretty much impossible.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Bummer, guess I'll have to catch some you tubes for now.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

You jerk Europeans with your socialized welfare and early release dates to all the cool handheld stuff really grind my gears

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Requested_Username posted:

You jerk Europeans with your socialized welfare and early release dates to all the cool handheld stuff really grind my gears

We still dont have a release date for smt iv.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Depths posted:

We still dont have a release date for smt iv.

What is a SMT IV?
I heard rumours it was a bit like an Etrian Odyssey 4 (we did get this eventually) or a Rune Factory 4.

You guys should be happy for us just this once.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Requested_Username posted:

Well, now you know how we feel most of the time, you jerks. :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just out of curiosity, do you still get villagers from streetpassing the same 3DS twice? Wondering if I can slowly stack the demo with villagers on my XL using my old 3DS before the release date.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just out of curiosity, do you still get villagers from streetpassing the same 3DS twice? Wondering if I can slowly stack the demo with villagers on my XL using my old 3DS before the release date.

Yes.

Is there a way to erase saves on the demo?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Yes.

Is there a way to erase saves on the demo?

You should be able to erase them from 3DS data management like all other game saves.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Do the people you Streetpass have to be playing Bravely Default as well in order for them to be added as villagers?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
As far as I can tell, yes.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

So amazon US is taking preorders for the collector's edition at $50. Interesting to note that it will available in 3-5 weeks

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

glassyalabolas posted:

So amazon US is taking preorders for the collector's edition at $50. Interesting to note that it will available in 3-5 weeks

"Ships in 3-5 weeks" is not the same as available.

It's labled clearly as "This item will be released on February 7, 2014."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just realised the game comes out on Friday in the UK, I'd better get cracking in finishing the demo for extra stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's get a friend code dump going in anticipation of Friday's release over here in the UK, so we can get some villagers and whatever else will use the internet features.

5129-0887-5276

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Aurain posted:

Let's get a friend code dump going in anticipation of Friday's release over here in the UK, so we can get some villagers and whatever else will use the internet features.

No longer have the game, so I'm removing that just in case, not that people add me for no reason.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 17, 2014

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Uk goons unite! - 5370-0421-3239

I pre-ordered it so should receive it Friday morning, the demo got me so psyched!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Uk goons unite!
More like No Americans club

adding all of the above: 2638-0247-3561

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Added all so far.

And yeah, it's not just coming out in the UK, I should have said EU/Aus.
Sorry America.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Added you guys, 2019-9763-7928

(Except Aurain, already got you)

E: well, my friends list is officially full, so stop adding me please I don't want to delete anyone :(

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 4, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Give me villagers to toil under my tyrannical benevolent leadership :commissar:. Glory to Arstotzka Nolende!

5155-3090-6956

Adding you all now.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
We require more workers!

5043-2578-3948

Added all of the above.

Pennfalath fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 3, 2013

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Might as well.

3539-9526-3687, "Waffel".

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Allow me to join in by posting my FC:

2191-7627-2246

I've added all of the above.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Friends time!

2595-1148-0077

I guess I should push myself to finish the demo, now that the painful wait it almost over!

lord hobo
Mar 7, 2010

0301-9803-9547

I`ll add all the above.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tyma posted:

Friends time!

Added all since my last post, but Tyma, you need to add my code.(5129-0887-5276)

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sometimes and 3797 - 6554 - 2705

Adding everyone above, cheers.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Added everyone who's posted their FC, let's make the best villages ever.

3265-6328-7842

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Meanwhile, in France...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lucky French person.
My copy from ShopTo hasn't even started order processing and I'm totally fretting on whether I'll get it release day. They've normally despatched by now.

Not the end of the world, but I generally don't preorder to get things late.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
1607 2065 2000

I'll add all the above :)

So with the demo, all the item bonuses seem kind of crappy but are there any other bonuses that carry over to the main game? The wording confuses me a little and I don't know if it leads to extra quests in the main game or if it's just talking about the demo having quests that don't take place in the main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think they're just minor items to get you started in the main game, nothing that changes it significantly.

• Locked thread