Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Yeah the weird rotational setup of Disruption

Makes me think I should just go solo it for a bit and sac some conduits on rounds 2-4+, OR just dip after 1 round solo, now that I've got my Dante parts all sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I haven't got either of the new weapons but Dante feels pretty good. Not a billions of damage frame but I definitely hit a couple million several times doing the new Deimos Disruption with both his 4 and his exalted.

He doesn't need defensive mods of any kind because he can just choose to have 50k overguard at all times, there's your status immunity and all the health you need and it doesn't go away in nullifier bubbles.

I looked up some builds and people are found of helminthing off his 1 for roar or armor strip but honestly you really don't need to do that, the 1 does enough damage as is and you can just use equilibrium or arcane energize with any energy orb gen strat (or both) to keep him topped up forever. I'm running primed flow and not even sure that's necessary. He likes to cast a lot but efficiency is almost negligible outside of the per shot cost of his 1, this also means if you hate pressing a lot of buttons all the time he might not be for you. But I'm sitting at 175 range and 299 strength, before molt augmented or any other str buff, and his 3>3>4 combo, Tragedy, just kinda deletes things. It's basically just Expedite Suffering but in a full aoe rather than a cone, though the 3 casts are conical. He's already doing a good deal of forced slash procs all over the place and if you have any heat or toxin stacks going those also explode on casting 4. This is all amplified by first casting out Pageflight, his 3>2>4 combo, because that sends out a trio of owls that proc status vulnerability on everything around him. They also serve as completely unnecessary survivability by grabbing aggro away from him. I wish I could hit like 250+ range without sacrificing any strength but oh well that's a fine price to pay and he still has fine range, especially considering he can bleed and explode mans through walls.

He's nigh invulnerable, makes your team nigh invulnerable, and bleed explodes everything to death when you combo his spells right, and he barely cares about energy.

He even buffs his own and his teammate's damage by 30% of his exalted weapon's damage and that part is so unnecessary you might as well forget about it, except it's still cool.

Kullervo is probably still the stand out 'jesus christ that's a lot of damage' frame from the recent round of frames but, uh, Dante Good. Probably not going to fill any specific meta any time soon but feels like he'll be good and fine everywhere.

Can't wait to see what they do for augments because he already doesn't need anything. If they give him armor strip or better CC it'll be hilarious overkill. If they make him a loot frame that'll be extra funny.

Oh and he scans things for you and gets bonus status chance against fully scanned things because gently caress it why not.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

BMan posted:

there's never a chance to do multiple conduits at once so you might as well be soloing.
I've run around half a dozen 8-rounders on SP and that's just not true, its pretty trivial to have double spawns. Of course the mechs are so slow, get stuck on pathfinding, and get dunked on so quickly you rarely have to split up (outside of very distant conduit locations)

Haven't seen triple spawns without the old "carry a key from the last round" trick tho.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've carried a couple of keys through rounds but yeah it's not a ton and usually there isn't more than one person carrying a key to the next round.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
The new marker thing isn't only nice because it's more accessible and lets me listen to music, but it also cuts out a lot of waiting time. You could get that fast with old disruption if you had the team split and wait down the predictable spawn routes to spawnkill demos, but mechs spawn a lot closer and are now much easier to start fighting quickly, so this mode (along with the additional key drops from gruzzlers) is just faster and more streamlined in general.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
On the other hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj3nrTmU_-0

Him, Nezha and Dante are apparently pretty good right now. Nezha and Dante especially can really trivialize some things.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone try out the new augments? I threw Recrystallize on my Citrine, but haven't run her yet. I'm mostly curious about Axios Javelineers, but I don't know that I have the room on my Styanax.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

Guess how much I sold that for?

Well no one guessed but anyway that piece of poo poo sold to an MR7 console player for 2700p and I'm probably going to hell. They didn't even attempt to haggle me for it. I'm thinking these console players finally able to trade with PC is gonna introduce a whole new breed of whales.

Echophonic posted:

Anyone try out the new augments? I threw Recrystallize on my Citrine, but haven't run her yet. I'm mostly curious about Axios Javelineers, but I don't know that I have the room on my Styanax.

The Kullervo mod is absurdly hosed up, permanent daggerstorm in your area for the whole mission. Saves a ton of energy and while I don't need the damage from it, it keeps me automatically topped up at 12x combo and picks off straggler enemies behind walls.

Since I subsume Valk's Warcry on him with Eternal War, that means two abilities now that I never need to recast, great QOL.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zero VGS posted:

Since I subsume Valk's Warcry on him with Eternal War, that means two abilities now that I never need to recast, great QOL.

What the hell kind of sick bastard gets rid of Collective Curse or Recompense?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Helter Skelter posted:

What the hell kind of sick bastard gets rid of Collective Curse or Recompense?

No need for collective curse when my Nami Solo Incarnon heavy attacks are 32-meter radius with infinite follow-through.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Well no one guessed but anyway that piece of poo poo sold to an MR7 console player for 2700p and I'm probably going to hell. They didn't even attempt to haggle me for it. I'm thinking these console players finally able to trade with PC is gonna introduce a whole new breed of whales.

Personally, selling to someone who can't even use rivens yet would make me worried about carded plat.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

SIGSEGV posted:

Personally, selling to someone who can't even use rivens yet would make me worried about carded plat.

I did check the profile and they had high usage and kills on Epitaph with like 30% being headshot kills so I guess they were really all-in on the charged shot.

I've also never gotten got by carded plat... at least I don't think so, would DE even notify you?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they delete the plat from your account and send you an in game mail about it i believe

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't speak for how strong long term the new incarnons are (the fists probably suck because fist stances are garbage with forced movement), but it's nice to see true incarnons back and it's neat that their incarnon modes are larger departures from their normal function than the majority of incarnons.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I don't know if it's weak or strong, but the Onos feels weird to use, since its normal fire is a slow-fire-rate automatic and then its Incarnon form is a spam-click-or-chargeable beam; the Incarnon form feels like a Corpus weapon I guess, is the best way to describe it? But going from hold-and-fire to hold-to-charge definitely makes it feel weird.

Also its evolutions are a pain in the rear end since the tileset's a lot bigger (for hunting down the stupid Whispers to headshot) and conduits slower to go through than Void Flood.

And, finally: It has Critical Excess (+20% status chance, -10% crit chance) but doesn't have Devouring Attrition (50% chance to deal +2000% damage on non-critical hits). It has some punch-through, headshot-buffing, and crit-stacking instead. Ehhh. Verdict: I regret potatoing this.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

"Onos" is named after what people say after putting a potato in it. :haw:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I don't know if it's weak or strong, but the Onos feels weird to use, since its normal fire is a slow-fire-rate automatic and then its Incarnon form is a spam-click-or-chargeable beam; the Incarnon form feels like a Corpus weapon I guess, is the best way to describe it? But going from hold-and-fire to hold-to-charge definitely makes it feel weird.

Also its evolutions are a pain in the rear end since the tileset's a lot bigger (for hunting down the stupid Whispers to headshot) and conduits slower to go through than Void Flood.

And, finally: It has Critical Excess (+20% status chance, -10% crit chance) but doesn't have Devouring Attrition (50% chance to deal +2000% damage on non-critical hits). It has some punch-through, headshot-buffing, and crit-stacking instead. Ehhh. Verdict: I regret potatoing this.

Both modes are auto. The incarnon form is a beam weapon. The beam starts as a cone that focuses as you hold the trigger and then, when the meter is charged, shoots a fireball. If you continue holding after that it starts firing the beam again. It's just really short range to get the advantage of the cone. Fire rate seems really important. It's a secondary arm cannon, so it gets the benefit of all the great secondary arcanes, like velocity and flare or encumber.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Echophonic posted:

I have Javelineers. I haven't done any :science: but it's 3 spears. Styanax in the middle and the clones at his sides. The vacuum seemed like it lasted a long time when it got going. That's all I really know.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Holy poo poo, I made a list of stuff to grind during a double affinity weekend and guess what time it is?!

Anyone have builds for hydroid and/or inaros?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

temple posted:

Holy poo poo, I made a list of stuff to grind during a double affinity weekend and guess what time it is?!

I've been using this ninjase build, seems solid enough.

https://overframe.gg/build/276457/h...l-or-endurance/

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

smallmouth posted:

Both modes are auto. The incarnon form is a beam weapon. The beam starts as a cone that focuses as you hold the trigger and then, when the meter is charged, shoots a fireball. If you continue holding after that it starts firing the beam again. It's just really short range to get the advantage of the cone. Fire rate seems really important. It's a secondary arm cannon, so it gets the benefit of all the great secondary arcanes, like velocity and flare or encumber.

Ahhhh yeah that would be what's doing it, I was shooting stuff far away because my primary has been Torid Incarnon for awhile so I just stay out of explode-myself range to be on the safe side

otoh

Agents are GO! posted:

"Onos" is named after what people say after putting a potato in it. :haw:

e:

temple posted:

Here's my jank but immortal Inaros Prime that I haven't changed since the rework and feels great. Never die. 7k hp. 1500 armor (that goes higher after you start getting Augmented ability strength buffs). Probably swap out Energize for something else but I don't have poo poo for Arcanes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 29, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Echophonic posted:

I've been using this ninjase build, seems solid enough.

https://overframe.gg/build/276457/h...l-or-endurance/

Thanks
Another thing about axios javelineers: As enemies are vacuumed, the duration extends. One spear can grab a group of enemies, stop, and those enemies get grabbed by a different spear's vacuum from the initial cast. The vacuuming will last a while if there's enough enemies.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

temple posted:

Thanks
Another thing about axios javelineers: As enemies are vacuumed, the duration extends. One spear can grab a group of enemies, stop, and those enemies get grabbed by a different spear's vacuum from the initial cast. The vacuuming will last a while if there's enough enemies.

Interesting. I might have to give it a shot. Adding CC to the already horrific support potential Styanax offers is pretty tempting. But I did swap it out for Nourish and like the armor strip on Tharros Strike, so that's a harder sale.

Actually, on the subject of affinity weekend, I could use a Kullervo build. The new augment seems like it could be fun and mine is pretty early days in terms of forma. Doesn't seem like a lot of builds on Overframe with it yet.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Crime?
You can swap Carnis Carapace for his augment. On the sword, swap Reflex Coil or Carnis for something Tennokai. Carnis is good because he does a lot of heavy attacks. Arcane steadfast is good because it reduces the cost of Storm of Ukko to 0, which how I use it. Blessing is just for survivability, not needed.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
the gently caress is "carded" plat?

Ho boy this bounty objective that makes demolishers invulnerable until 40m from the console is so annoying i'm just gonna skip those entirely

temple
Jul 29, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

the gently caress is "carded" plat?

Ho boy this bounty objective that makes demolishers invulnerable until 40m from the console is so annoying i'm just gonna skip those entirely

Is that plat bought with a credit card then cancel the charge? Then DE removes the plat but have to take from another player who traded for it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Which can even get people banned by putting it into the negatives and blackmailed into paying DE the difference without any discounts.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

Not really but I would mention Inaros is the first frame I ever used an Umbral forma on. He deserves them even more now since health/armor/strength are all good on him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't really need a ton of strength on nu-inaros.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you don't really need a ton of strength on nu-inaros.

Ya but it roids out the cats, and you might as well run all three Umbral because they boost each other.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I honestly don't know what stats Inaros really even needs, efficiency at 100% is good so you don't completely wipe your energy pool using his 4 but otherwise, 1 is cheap, has a long range, and an okay duration, 2 is cheap, has a relatively wide aoe, and since it's a per-cast duration instead of a toggle it actually feels more awkward the longer you push it, 3 appears to ONLY scale off of strength for the armor buff, and 4 scales off of everything since it's a DoT (duration) with an initial aoe (range) and damage that scales off Health and strength and costs 150 energy on a frame with a 190 pool.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't really need to go all in on anything except health and armor. moderate amounts of str/dur/rng are fine because his powers don't really scale super high with those. well, aside from cat damage, but that's relying on pet melee targeting. even flow can be dropped if you add a blue shard for max energy.

what i'm not sure about is if it is worth the investment of green shards for full strip. there are easier ways to strip armor, and scarab swarm doesn't spread as well as spores.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you don't really need to go all in on anything except health and armor. moderate amounts of str/dur/rng are fine because his powers don't really scale super high with those. well, aside from cat damage, but that's relying on pet melee targeting. even flow can be dropped if you add a blue shard for max energy.

what i'm not sure about is if it is worth the investment of green shards for full strip. there are easier ways to strip armor, and scarab swarm doesn't spread as well as spores.

I gave him 2 green shards and it's absolutely worth it if you're going to play him. The cats will solo level 200 Grineer once they are stripped. I'd say go with all three Umbral, then buff range, and put in Hunter Adrenaline or Rage. The mods aren't as important as having Arcane Grace, which is much cheaper than it used to be with the new Dusting system. Lastly don't forget there's some operator arcanes than can instantly give back his 7000+ health.

I move him around with high speed spin attacks like in my previous video but if you're not doing that he should are least have sprint speed, or use Amalgam Serration and Barrel Diffusion to cheat some mobility.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Have any of you used the Warframe addon/overlay thing AlecaFrame? Internet reviews are mixed, and I don’t want to get an account banned. On the other hand an addon to help sell prime parts seems nice since Warframe doesn’t really do addons.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
overwolf sucks and is really aggressive, and when I tried that plugin for Warframe it really didn't do anything I wanted it to. ymmv ofc but yeah I wish the game had more robust helper tools

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Lord Wexia posted:

Have any of you used the Warframe addon/overlay thing AlecaFrame? Internet reviews are mixed, and I don’t want to get an account banned. On the other hand an addon to help sell prime parts seems nice since Warframe doesn’t really do addons.

You won't get banned for using it, but it will serve you ads.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Lord Wexia posted:

I use WFInfo, all it does is scan screenshots of the game so there's less chance of funny business.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

BMan posted:

I use WFInfo, all it does is scan screenshots of the game so there's less chance of funny business.

yeah no way it could send screenshots of anything else

edit: like maybe it's fine but there's totally a non-zero chance pics could be saved and info gleaned from toast notifications etc.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 30, 2024

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

WFInfo is open source, for whatever that's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Overwolf was specifically granted permission by DE to grab the info it gets, which is why AlecaFrame has to use it. It doesn't hack the game files or anything. It's incredibly useful and convenient for tracking your inventory and listing stuff on wf.m. You can block the ads with a hosts file.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 30, 2024