Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah. some people like to keep a complete collection of everything including non-primes because of their broken brains. but there's no mechanical benefit from keeping those around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's me, I'm the broken brains.

Only non-Prime I use is my Nova, which I have as a Speedva.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Wexia posted:

Since you can select the original non-primed skin on a prime frame, is there any reason to keep a non-primed frame if you have a prime version? I'm assuming not since primes are the same but slightly better, but now that I have a helminth all those old frames look very tasty.

The only frame I kept is Excalibur because his passive and one ability are different than the Umbra version. The rest are safe to feed when a Prime comes out.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Maybe Excalibur since Umbra has that "fight beside the operator" feature, but not such a big deal since Warriors Rest was released. Feed the worm.Maybe Excalibur since Umbra has that "fight beside the operator" feature, but not such a big deal since Warriors Rest was released. Feed the worm.

Zero VGS posted:

The only frame I kept is Excalibur because his passive and one ability are different than the Umbra version. The rest are safe to feed when a Prime comes out.

I did check, and you can use the Radial Blind Augment with Radial Howl. It's just a re-fluff of the ability.

Edit: what I mean is that neither his passive or Radial Howl lose anything, Umbra just has additional features.

Lord Wexia posted:

Since you can select the original non-primed skin on a prime frame

I wish this was true of Prime Weapons.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 12, 2024

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Zero VGS posted:

It's the only ability I've ever seen that is worse on the original frame that it is subsumed. Grendel being useless when other people are killing too fast for you to eat enemies feels awful
Another point against Grendel's own version of Nourish is that not only does it require eating people, it requires them not being digested yet, while the subsumed version (because you can't have a stomach full of Grineer or w/e to track) is just, cast whenever.

Grendel: Ok? But I would like another pass at it honestly.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I mean if your teammates are nuking the map to the point you can't eat a single dude, you'll probably live without casting nourish

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

BMan posted:

I mean if your teammates are nuking the map to the point you can't eat a single dude, you'll probably live without casting nourish

Not a big deal no, but the fact that said teammates get to nuke the map and cast Nourish feels a bit insulting. Particularly when the 5-enemies limit in the belly was introduced because more than 5 would supposedly be disruptive/unfun for teammates.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It was pretty amusing having an entire room worth of enemies disappear into your stomach a split second before your teammates lit the place up with a barrage of shots/abilities. It was like playing Fat Limbo :getin:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Lord Wexia posted:

Since you can select the original non-primed skin on a prime frame, is there any reason to keep a non-primed frame if you have a prime version?
Not really, unless Baro berating you for being poor happens to be a kink of yours.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vazria does it too, but in more of a "bless your little heart" vein.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah I was thinking I might eventually make another Excal since the Umbra setup is a little more unique.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

The Moon Monster posted:

It was pretty amusing having an entire room worth of enemies disappear into your stomach a split second before your teammates lit the place up with a barrage of shots/abilities. It was like playing Fat Limbo :getin:
Yeah I miss the kill-tease that old grendel was. I never loved grendel or played him much but he was good. He was a 'only good in hard content' frame. Now there's more hard content, so he's even better.

temple fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 12, 2024

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lord Wexia posted:

Since you can select the original non-primed skin on a prime frame, is there any reason to keep a non-primed frame if you have a prime version? I'm assuming not since primes are the same but slightly better, but now that I have a helminth all those old frames look very tasty.

I kept my Rhino from 2013(?) for nostalgia even though I have Excalibur Prime for that. It helps that Rhino is my favorite frame for just casually playing, and Excal is one of my least favorites.

Other than that, no, no reason.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i was disappointed with the grendel rework because while they fixed some of the jank in his design, they left a lot of it in place and removed the bit i had fun with (hoovering up entire tilesets).

i'm not a fan of the whole builder-spender thing he has going on with his 1 and the rest of his kit especially because it sacrifices an entire ability slot to do so. and really i'd just like pulverize to actually be useful; rolling around can be fun but it doesn't do damage and for some reason they kept the augment instead of just baking into his kit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BMan posted:

in wf the focus is on playing, not winning. the latter is almost never in question at all. the problem with one person effortlessly nuking the entire map is that no one else gets to have any fun. with grendel, if you can't gulp down some dudes you are limited to rolling around ineffectually or, heaven forbid, using weapons. it's a long running problem in wf. that's part of why sp is better, because there's a much higher threshold for instantly erasing every enemy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Remember, Pubbies: only YOU can prevent Nidus from gaining mutation stacks! gently caress over your local Nidus player TODAY!

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Please check my Necramech understanding: I did the deimos quest and got the BPs for all the voidrig parts. I understand I will need to fish, mine, and do "isolation vault bounties" from mother to accumulate all the weird fake-proper-noun resources necessary. Can I just go out and kinda collect stuff randomly, or will I need to be looking out for any kind of specific resource/breakables/HUD icon? Like if I just spend an hour farting around cambion drift without a specific goal, will I come home with some of all that stuff?

You need a fishing spear from Daughter (or actually the Cetus spears will work too, but they won't pierce the jello when the fish are underneath it) in your gear wheel to fish, and a Sunpoint Mining Laser from The Business in Fortuna in your gear wheel to mine. You'll just see fish spawn hovering in the air over rivers when wandering, equip the spear and throw at them. Mining nodes are kind of visible without the mining laser equipped, but equipping one will mark nearby nodes on your minimap and play a proximity sensor sound as you approach them. Shoot the glowing spots with the laser.

There are "requiem obelisks" around the Drift, little towers with a crystal and holographic symbol on top situated on circular stone slabs. You know you got near one if a bunch of infested eggs start spawning. Switch to operator and amp the crystal to activate the obelisk, depending on the symbol above the tower it does something or other to the enemies, you don't care what it is. Then just kill the enemies with your amp as operator. Obelisk-affected enemies drop mining ores and fish parts.

The iso vault stuff you need is the one thing that random wandering won't give you. You have to start the bounty by talking to Mother, either in the Necralisk or out in the Drift. It'll send you to collect some drops, then defend a dispenser for a bit, then pick up a thing and throw it at a door by pressing alternate fire, then you have to kill some targets to keep a timer from going down for a bit, then you enter a vault and fight some enemy necramechs who have small glowing weak points and are very tanky if you don't hit the weak points. Those last enemies drop the parts you need. The level of the iso bounty determines how many mechs you fight per bounty, one to three.

Keep an eye out in the vaults for orbs floating in the air. Collect them. Those are Scintillant. You only need two, but they're not common.

Scintillant and the Damaged Necramech parts are the stuff you need from the iso vaults. Everything else you need is either fish parts (cut fish open at Daughter) or ores (buy blueprints from Otak to refine ores).

Agents are GO! posted:

Edit: what I mean is that neither his passive or Radial Howl lose anything, Umbra just has additional features.

Well, some people care about his passive leaving him vulnerable to damage while you're out in operator, and while Warrior's Rest can now solve that, it is paying a tax on one mod slot to do it, which isn't ideal.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 12, 2024

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

Remember, Pubbies: only YOU can prevent Nidus from gaining mutation stacks! gently caress over your local Nidus player TODAY!

Likewise Atlas. Well that and you still can't just hold down his 1 so enjoy the RSI.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Wexia posted:

Yeah I was thinking I might eventually make another Excal since the Umbra setup is a little more unique.

Yeah, like Umbra having the 3 Umbra polarities, those feel too rare to just forma away. Also, Umbra in the passive can act, but that means it also takes full damage while you're operator, which is a downside in tough content.

Normal Excalibur gets the free 10% damage and 10% speed for Slash Dash / Exalt which isn't huge but decent. Like other Warframes, it is invincible while you're in operator (or 90% DR with an ability active or sustain ability toggled on)

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
For anyone needing damaged necramech parts, I’ve got spares. I’m Flipsixthreehole in game, hit me up.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

In honor of Inaros and Ash Primes coming back in resurgence today, I dug out my old Ash, tried out a build that wasn't around last time I played him, slapped every attack speed/ combo modifier I've got on my Innodem, and: lol. lmao. What an amazing, stupid way to play the game. You walk through every level like a ghost in a museum, nothing sees you or hears you and they're all finisher-locked by Silence. You hit 4, roll your cursor across a bunch of guys, hit it again, another Ash cleans up the tile for you.

In group content today I either did 0 damage or All Of It depending on how quickly my clones went out, and I took 0 damage in multiple netracells. What a weird fun time for a frame I hadn't thought about in years.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for some reason i've never been able to get seeking shuriken to strip armor. it should be simply a matter of equipping the augment and enough strength, but nada.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

for some reason i've never been able to get seeking shuriken to strip armor. it should be simply a matter of equipping the augment and enough strength, but nada.
Yeah, I dropped Seeking Shuriken in favor of the Blade Storm mod (for more combo) for just loving around, and swapped in Precision Intensify for Umbral, and it feels great enough already to not mess with pressing 1. Before I dropped the Seeking Shuriken mod, I was still rocking like, base 170%something scaling up with Molt Aug as I went, and it said it would do full strip anyway, so, I dunno. It's finicky enough to just drop in favor of 24/7 clonetown.

Also, the meta-of-the-metagame means you can usually count on someone else to bring full strip if it's relevant, buuuuut since Blade Storm damage is armor-bypassing bleed anyway, it's not that big a deal.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Thanks for all the advice on the last page. Was able to get a bunch of resources and kinda figure out Deimos. A goon also mercifully gifted me 4? Of the 5 necramech pieces and another gave me the rare gems for the piece I was missing. Saved me like 4 or 5 days of rep grinding at minimum.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

In honor of Inaros and Ash Primes coming back in resurgence today, I dug out my old Ash, tried out a build that wasn't around last time I played him, slapped every attack speed/ combo modifier I've got on my Innodem

Hate to rain on your parade but Innodem was nerfed on Ash. The weapon's base damage used to scale the base damage of his 4 so that he would one-shot any enemy vulnerable to finishers, even if they were level 9999 (anything but Acolytes and Demolishers). Now the Innodem base damage does not affect it at all. The latent passive finisher damage perks on the dagger and Savage Silence do still affect it but not on the finisher-immune enemies I mentioned (attack speed does still help it animate faster), and you're not killing all enemies with a single tick like before.

With that said, you can still stack about 330 STR and kill with Roar + Bladestorm's ability damage (true damage proccing Slash), because that's 6600 true damage hitting 3 times per cast (19800), multiplied by Roar double-dipping (79200), multiplied by Ash's bleed passive about 4x of that damage as DOT, so it's something like 360k damage per cast not counting Viral, all of it ignoring armor, and if you keep 12x combo multiplier it gets 3.75x damage, so past a million per cast. That's enough to kill any enemy in a couple seconds, including the finisher-immune cases I mentioned.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 13, 2024

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Ultimately it's a tradeoff between damage (Roar) and utility (Silence); the latter is particularly useful in SPC for shutting down random Thrax/Eximus bullshit. Silence also shuts down the Jackal's carpet bombs, which makes those phases easier.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Yeah for how I play (20m survival is the upper end of my consistent ongoing playtime, or a netracell) Silence is the cozy comfort pick and Blade Storm damage has kept up just fine so far. And: It's very very fun.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
If you have enough range on the Smoke Shadow augment to consistently hit your teammates (and the base range of 15m is pretty generous to begin with) then it has the same perk of preventing enemies from using abilities that Silence does.

But don't take my word for it, invite a friend into Simulacrum, use Smoke Shadow and spawn some Heayv Gunner Eximus. As long as you don't go more than 1.0 seconds between invisibility casts, the Eximus will walk up to your position and point guns confusedly when you shoot them, but they won't use abilities or fire weapons. I believe only the Guardian Eximus will have the defensive aura because it's more of a passive ability, but there's nothing that can damage your team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I dunno about Deep Archemedia. I got some pretty mid gear and my group only pulled it off because one of us had Dante. Got a tauforged out of it, but I think that might be a sometimes food for me. Then we looked at the Elite modifiers and just laughed and went and did Netracells.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Echophonic posted:

Man, I dunno about Deep Archemedia. I got some pretty mid gear and my group only pulled it off because one of us had Dante. Got a tauforged out of it, but I think that might be a sometimes food for me. Then we looked at the Elite modifiers and just laughed and went and did Netracells.

Some things to keep in mind:

1. You only need to fulfill the conditions to unlock Elite Archimedia once. After that it's permanently unlocked.

2. Not everyone needs to adhere to all the optional restrictions, so if you have a coordinated group you can do two runs where half run with full custom loadouts and the other half goes for max points.

3. 50 Vosfor as the top Elite reward is easily ignored, freeing you up to pick either a frame or weapon outside of the choices given.

It's still pretty sweaty, but you're not totally at the mercy of RNG.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Farming a necramech is a little numbing right now so I'm going to dip into the Duviri quest tonight to change things up. There are a lot of systems in there (I watched a couple videos and retained maybe 30% of the info) but I at least understand that I can get all the parts for a Warframe, once a week. Is there anything else that is reasonably low-effort that I should do in there? Like is there a straightforward way to get a real good weapon from there, or maybe important mods?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

big cummers ONLY posted:

Farming a necramech is a little numbing right now so I'm going to dip into the Duviri quest tonight to change things up. There are a lot of systems in there (I watched a couple videos and retained maybe 30% of the info) but I at least understand that I can get all the parts for a Warframe, once a week. Is there anything else that is reasonably low-effort that I should do in there? Like is there a straightforward way to get a real good weapon from there, or maybe important mods?

The "one warframe a week" is a game mode called the Circuit, and yeah, it's a great way to collect plenty of frames whose acquisition can otherwise be a bit tedious. Plus you get one or two augment mods for said frame iirc.

The other low-effort thing to keep in mind is Kullervo. After the quest, you'll unlock the "Duviri Experience" game mode (the open world, basically), which goes through a few cycles (mood swings instead of night/day), some of which will spawn an optional fight against Kullervo (on a specific island, always in the same spot when it spawns). Winning that fight and completing your Duviri run will give you a few of the currency required to buy Kullervo parts each time, so it's something you want to keep in mind and do when it happens to be available. Kullervo is a lot of fun and an absolute powerhouse. Duviri will also allow you to buy/craft a few new melee weapons, one of which is the Azothane, which is very good in general but a top tier weapon for Kullervo.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

big cummers ONLY posted:

For weapons, every week the Steel Path version of the circuit lets you pick two incarnon adapters for specific weapons, which are basically things that supercharge that weapon into a thing that can transform during a mission and has some bonus passives/actives. It's pretty low-effort in that, Steel Path circuit is surprisingly not as bad as it sounds, and you maintain progress towards your goal between runs, so if you can only handle going like, 4 rounds a couple times, you can, and it'll be fine. Attaching the Incarnon thing to an existing weapon requires items you get from Duviri (materials from the open world, and the currency/material you get for beating one run of Duviri itself).

The rotation, here, changes your options every week. My recommendation is to look and see what frames are available at a given time for you to choose from for it/Duviri (They change when the "spiral" changes, every couple hours), and when your choices include a frame and weapon you like using, do it.

For this week, if you want to push it you can probably get at least 1 Incarnon (my choice would be the Latron, its transformation makes it do ricochet/explosion shots that clear rooms). For next week, Lex is good, but the real prize, imo, is in two weeks when Torid comes up. See, Torid Incarnon turns it from a grenade launcher into a chaining laser. An insanely strong one.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Does anyone have a good guide for kuva liches/weapons in general? Really wanna get the kuva tonkor. But Google searches weren’t getting great results for some reason
nvm: found this video which seems pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnfaWkWoBs

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 14, 2024

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

The rotation, here, changes your options every week. My recommendation is to look and see what frames are available at a given time for you to choose from for it/Duviri (They change when the "spiral" changes, every couple hours), and when your choices include a frame and weapon you like using, do it.

Alternatively, the circuit is a really fast way to level stuff you own that happens to pop up at less than max.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tabletops posted:

Does anyone have a good guide for kuva liches/weapons in general? Really wanna get the kuva tonkor. But Google searches weren’t getting great results for some reason

Ask in clan chat to trade mods for the ones you need, as people always have some dangling around and a lot of them are finished with liches. Oull requiem mods make the whole thing less painful in general and you'll start building them up as you stab. This is something google pulled up for parazon ordering to save you watching a fifteen minute video full of waffle:

You now need a railjack (I think? No idea if someone else's ship can be used) for the final lich/sister encounter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you use oull and wait for the first hint before stabbing a lich, you are guaranteed to finish at or before level 4. granted, the power creep has made level 5 liches simple enough to beat. but limiting the number of stabs also speeds up the overall process.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Mailer posted:

You now need a railjack (I think? No idea if someone else's ship can be used) for the final lich/sister encounter.

You need a Railjack, and other people can only join you if they also have a final encounter waiting (so extremely unlikely goons will happen to be at that spot, but if you put on public matchmaking it seems to consistently fill the party and you're not the host it'll be someone else's Railjack).

Banshee is probably the strongest against high-level lich/sister because she can block their abilities and stack two Sonar on the same spot, winding you up with 20x20=400x multiplier at high strength. And that will speed up anyone else you're running with as well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the humble gloom banshee is a bit passe, but you can strip armor, disable abilities, multiply your damage, and not die. it's basically perfect for liches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

You put oull in the first unknown slot of a sister so you're guaranteed an extra dog every time they show up.

BMan fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 14, 2024