Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I guess this is what I meant by latitude in modding frames: I really like the brief respite/catalyzing shields combo, assuming it's suitable for the frame. Neither answer is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

smallmouth posted:

I guess this is what I meant by latitude in modding frames: I really like the brief respite/catalyzing shields combo, assuming it's suitable for the frame. Neither answer is wrong.

Both answers are wrong, there is no right answer. Ghoulsaw go brrrrr.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Both answers are wrong, there is no right answer. Ghoulsaw go brrrrr.

It's like they added that weapon to the game and purposely made it awful so no one would ask again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

smallmouth posted:

It's like they added that weapon to the game and purposely made it awful so no one would ask again.

I am convinced that the ghoulsaw does not even have hitboxes.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

quote:

Tune in to earn an :siren:Umbra Forma:siren: Blueprint Twitch Drop!

See you at twitch.tv/warframe on April 26th at 2 p.m ET.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

FZeroRacer posted:

catalyzing shields + brief respite is a two mod solution that will solve your survivability issue on pretty much any frame provided you can pay attention and press an ability once every like 4-5 seconds

It depends on your reflexes and pace of play. Higher level Warframe is already pretty fast paced for me to keep up with, I'm not super great at accuracy while moving, and there's a lot of poo poo for me to keep track of, especially in certain game modes. If I have to use an ability every four seconds for more or less the whole mission or I die, yeah, that's actually really stressful for me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah warframe is a chill out game for me, so the less I have to think about survivability, the better. Part of why I've been running qorvex so much lately, he can ignore status, has a ton of armor, and I threw some hp regen shards in him. Very hard to die, and if something bad does happen just pop back and forth from operator a few times to heal back up. Maybe shield gating was objectively the best survivability, but it was also way too annoying to ever bother with.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

chumbler posted:

Yeah warframe is a chill out game for me, so the less I have to think about survivability, the better. Part of why I've been running qorvex so much lately, he can ignore status, has a ton of armor, and I threw some hp regen shards in him. Very hard to die, and if something bad does happen just pop back and forth from operator a few times to heal back up. Maybe shield gating was objectively the best survivability, but it was also way too annoying to ever bother with.
Yeah like, I'm someone who played Inaros before the rework. These are turn-based strategy hands not fps hands

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Shield gating is like playing a different game. I do sometimes but it's like not even needed for most missions.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

Shield gating is like playing a different game. I do sometimes but it's like not even needed for most missions.

It makes a distinct noise and you have 1.33 seconds to react, which is quite a while, and with practice you can learn to do it reflexively on hearing the sound. If you're playing without sound and just relying on a lack of blue in your peripheral vision, that's a bit harder.

I recommend people just learn Vazarin Dash, you can do it proactively instead of reactively (for instance if Disruption procs Enemy Toxin Weapons), focus school is way less opportunity cost than needing 2 mods plus energy plus a spammable ability, it makes your pets and nearby allies invulnerable as well, and it regens everyone's health 60% per cast. 5, jump, jump, 5. Magus Cloud makes the AOE huge.

It is very relevant in Deep Elite when you can keep your scrub teammates invulnerable most of the time so they can stand their ground and deal damage.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

chumbler posted:

Maybe shield gating was objectively the best survivability, but it was also way too annoying to ever bother with.

It really depends on the content you're doing and how you play. Maybe every loadout slot I have becomes completely worthless at SP level 3000 but I'll never find out.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Shield gating has been perfectly fine on every frame I've tried it on, but I've only used it on ability spammers to start with. Trivial to do manually too, so it's not like you have to be macro weirdo.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
After 10 years I’m MR29. Admittedly I only have about 800 hours played and I still don’t know wtf I’m doing and have spent way too much on this but it’s definitely a good game and I enjoyed my time with it. I’ll stick it out to 30 before I take a break for a while.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
https://www.warframe.com/news/protea-prime-access may 1 !

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
what do you mean protea prime
they just released it and I just bought protea pack to not farm the dumb mission with xoris or w/e its called

drat was it 4 years already

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have bad news for you: time exists and you are old as gently caress

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have great news for you: time doesn't exist and you are still very youthful

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
thanks, eternalism!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Say hello to my parazon and requiem mods

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Eternalism posting

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

qnqnx posted:

Eternalism posting

Always never not be posting

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i have bad news for you: time exists and you are old as gently caress

i'm mashing 4 but nothing is happening

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

BMan posted:

i'm mashing 4 but nothing is happening

well, everyone usually subsumes something else on protea.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, everyone usually subsumes something else on protea.

I'm playing as Xaku

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

qnqnx posted:

I'm playing as Xaku

then you are a skeleton and thus by definition have no problems.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Erulisse posted:

they just released it and I just bought protea pack to not farm the dumb mission with xoris or w/e its called

I got Protea from the... was it a Tennocon? where it was a Twitch viewer drop and then I farmed the Granum Void anyway for a second one to feed to the helminth and it was a bad farm

I didn't even put Dispensary on any frames with the helminth

I just want my goop boy to eat every people

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
noo my infinite requiem mods ; ;

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
New hot fix https://www.warframe.com/updates
They made a bunch of changes to mirror defense.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

They should make stelae worth a drat like the doodads you get from Citrine mirror defense. Maybe let you buy tome mods with them or something.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Eclipse took a big buff on Mirage (hold/tap mechanic to choose damage buff/mitigation instead of relying on shadows), and a big nerf on anyone else (30% base weapon buff down from 150%).

Helminth Nourish took a big of a tone down too, but the numbers still look pretty solid imho.

edit: duh, that's old news, didn't realise that was from the Dante patch and not the hotfix...

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 18, 2024

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

The Moon Monster posted:

They should make stelae worth a drat like the doodads you get from Citrine mirror defense. Maybe let you buy tome mods with them or something.

You need a decent whack of them for shard fusion, but yeah, you do get an awful lot in general.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

FishMcCool posted:

Helminth Nourish took a big of a tone down too, but the numbers still look pretty solid imho.

In the four frames where I use it I haven't seen much of a difference. So far the only big revelation is I noticed Hydroid running low which made me realize I'd misclicked at some point and was running grace instead of energize. :v:

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Mailer posted:

In the four frames where I use it I haven't seen much of a difference. So far the only big revelation is I noticed Hydroid running low which made me realize I'd misclicked at some point and was running grace instead of energize. :v:

Energize and nourish on at the same time? Asking because I use nourish to let me switch out energize for something more fitting depending on the frame.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you're like me and was disappointed that Lavos ended up being kind of lackluster as a caster frame, may I strongly recommend Valence Formation, which instead lets you just decide "I wish my gun had this element now" and then, it does!

Or you just slap electric on and go Melee Influence and kill everything holding E. It's good stuff

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Curtana posted:

Energize and nourish on at the same time? Asking because I use nourish to let me switch out energize for something more fitting depending on the frame.

That specific combo is only used on Kullervo and Hydroid, who both run 45% efficiency and are fairly spammy. If I could be bothered stuffing shards into everything and trying to balance stuff out that way it might not be needed, but :effort:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If you're like me and was disappointed that Lavos ended up being kind of lackluster as a caster frame, may I strongly recommend Valence Formation, which instead lets you just decide "I wish my gun had this element now" and then, it does!

Or you just slap electric on and go Melee Influence and kill everything holding E. It's good stuff

First off [citation needed]. Second, I'd put electric on the weapon, then you could just dial-a-status as needed.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Curtana posted:

I used this for a perma-hysteria build for the circuit (if hysteria ever turns off, I will die instantly)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Agents are GO! posted:

First off [citation needed]. Second, I'd put electric on the weapon, then you could just dial-a-status as needed.
Grind Hard Squad has been on a Lavos tear since the new mod came out and I've just been following along, it's great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJz087WEBOs
I don't have green archon shards (don't have the segment for the combiner yet) and even without it, Lavos has been doing Just Fine. Doesn't really matter what primary or secondary I run on him so far, as long as it fires fast things die faster. Probably going to farm up a Tenet Cycron tomorrow just to see if it feels different from a Kuva Nukor, but in a pinch it's also been nice for when I want to go mulch Murmur without splashing Radiation onto my weapons, rip through shields with Cold, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSzqtBVs0XU&t=1s
I do however have Prisma Ohma, and yeah, it does some real stupid crap, what with being electric-inherent already. But with Lavos dial-a-status you can swap through which ones you're applying through Melee Influence as you go, and see a bunch of dumb numbers while being a big swipey blender on a character I had largely written off.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I'm back after 2+ years and 5,000 unread posts. Getting my absolute poo poo kicked in on Orb Vallis with Vauban Prime, who I thought was pretty survivable. I'm guessing I'm just out of practice. I don't remember what I was doing with this build, but could someone look it over and let me know if it's decent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
basically, you are trying to use health and armor for defense. as vauban, who notably lacks those stats. also, even max range vauban can't really do much in open world because most of the engagements are at much longer range. so the powers vauban relies on to disable enemies aren't actually doing anything. likewise, your spectorage subsume isn't providing much energy because enemies aren't getting sucked into it.

are you trying to solo? because usually in open world bounties everyone just pops out their necramech and instantly obliterates every enemy in sight.