Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Thanks for the invite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I maxed leveled my first warframe, excalibur. I like excalibur a lot but open to seeing more gameplay styles. What's a good second frame to aim for? I have a fair amount of places opened and currently at Jupiter and Phobos I think.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Thanks for the advice. I already have the rhino blueprint and I have the clan key made. I'll be checking out the other frames when I get a chance.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I really like this game

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Is there a reason to participate in the ghoul purge if aren't already doing cetus?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

lol Just realized what the clan icon is supposed to be.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

At what point can I stop farming vomvalysts in POE and find a better source for cores?

temple fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 5, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Cool thanks

temple
Jul 29, 2006

As a noob with no arcanes but a lot of scarlet credits, what should be my first purchases? Got about 35k scarlet credits

temple
Jul 29, 2006

fischtick posted:

It's interesting to hear the dynamic is changing. Two nights ago on PS4 there were 8 ground teams and a single space team in my flotilla, with maybe 3 Tenno standing around pounding on the "join a space team" button.

I took my nearly stock railjack in, picked up 2 pubs immediately, and they spent the entire mission in their arch wings while I stood by my lone quad damage symbol killing sentients. It didn't go well after that.

Yeah I went from getting into squads and pretty much carried to mr 3 players with mk-1 weapons.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

mortons stork posted:

I've been getting a bunch of sentient cores from Scarlet Spear though, maybe that will be enough to bump me into that territory?
Also, how is anyone supposed to hunt eidolons if you're deadweight at first?
You need ~ 80 cores to get a tier 1 amp. You can get that from about an hour of scarlet spear or 1 trio eidolon hunt. Most people can solo eidolons and a limbo/mesa combo can duo 80% of spear. Just do it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I hope Lotus is intentionally robotic with a flat affect because her voice is generic as poo poo. I like Nora and a little distraught that she might be leaving. She's the warriors dj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj8bAd9fQ18

temple fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 21, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Antigravitas posted:

Just how high would the body count of an even more evil Tenno be?

Also, the evil Tenno antagonists are already in the game and they press the elevator button just before you can enter.

hosts that leaving in the middle of a obj.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

As a new player, I really like warframe. But railjack and archwings are easily the most boring parts. Starfox is pretty much my ideal space combat and railjack lacks lock-on misses and pitching/rolling.

temple fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Apr 25, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

mortons stork posted:

Thermia fractures are without a doubt the mission I've had the most outright team failures on. And I've played through Scarlet Spear a ton, and have a recent enough experience of leveling up from scratch. I have never seen this.
People put in more coolant cells than they can handle. I've survived 4 but I was playing Wukong aka Mr Immortal.

Is there any reason to do fractures if you are maxed?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Is Amesha still a highly desired AW from Railjack post revision?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

So is there a pressing reason to continue doing profit taker other than toriods and systems? I know the fight but sheesh

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The investigation scene tells you "clue #/5" at the top right of the description for each item. Spoiler for people wanting to be a private eye The important facts are usually written in bold and white. They change based on your game.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tylana posted:

Still not sure what to actually do with Gauss. Anyone have tips? Gameplay tips not modding tips mostly.

Admittedly my main frame is Mesa so I am rather spoilt.

1) Pop his 2 and 4 on cooldown
2) Hold Sprint
3) Use an auto weapon, preferably the Acceltra his signature weapon

His 2 will make him unkillable, the 4 will make his shooting/reloading/holstering fast. The Acceltra reloads faster while sprinting, so combined with the 4, it will hose down everything.
Use his 1 to help charge his 4 but sprinting works as well. Use his 1 like a grenade, just aim at a group of enemies. Hitting walls doesn't stagger him and creates a bigger explosion. His 1 is kinda like Billy from Dbd in how you steer it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

andyf posted:

So a friend came back to Warframe recently and I'm helping him get parts for a few frames he's missing - specifically, Ash.

I looked at the wiki and was like oh okay let's go run tyl regor a few times. Only to find the Manics that spawn during the fight are faction manics and thus don't drop any of Ash's components.

What's the current go-to method for getting Ash components? The next-best thing appears to be doing defection runs but I want to check that's a good chance of getting a drop because we both highly dislike the defection mission type and to find out the wiki is out of date on that too would be a shame :(
Yeah I did the same thing. The best way to get Ash is to do defection missions because a maniac will spawn around 5mins or 3 squads. Farming Harrow's systems and Ash's blueprint is pretty good because Harrow takes a ton of defections and you will end up killing a bunch of maniacs. Defection missions are easy if you have a heal frame like oberon, equinox, etc.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Malloc Voidstar posted:

i think garuda deluxe might be the new winner of Flattest rear end Award

landing craft and craft abilities will be decoupled, so you can use whatever craft you want without losing the Don't Lose Spy button

Warframe is teh assyiest game I've played.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I just realized why nidus doesn't have shields

If piloting was better, I'd love railjack.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Infested don't have shields

temple
Jul 29, 2006

As a person with sub 100 logins, I think Warframe is pretty easy to learn. Its an inch wide but a mile deep. It has a weird way of hiding stuff you can't do and luring you into it as you emerge.

Railjack needs a tutorial though.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

You can never waste plat because you always get something for it. It may not be the best use but its not exploitation.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I'm a pretty new player and I quit my first attempt years ago because I was overwhelmed. But the constant "this game is unfriendly" refrain is more intimidating that the actual experience. Once I got over the transhuman aesthetic I pretty much fell in love. It hasn't been easy but its rewarding. I think veterans play up how complicated the game is. As a new player, you only see a small amount of features at a time and it really helps with not being overwhelmed.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I just started doing 4 syndicates and its easier that it seems. You wear one sigil and you only do certain missions. The trick is doing all those missions because they counteract each other and may leave you ahead. But if you are already negative, then you may have to do sigil switching to get started at -1 or 0 standing.

quote:

1) Steel / Suda / Hexis / Veil
Only run Steel / Suda missions, have a Steel Sigil equipped.
Suda won't interfere with Steel and gives you +50% Hexis,
the -50% Veil is made up by the +50% Veil from Steel
and the Steel Sigil (no negative for Suda / Hexis) finally gets Veil into positive.

2) Veil / Loka / Perrin / Steel
Only run Veil / Loka missions, have a Veil Sigil equipped.
Works pretty much like the previous.

3) Perrin / Hexis / Loka / Suda
Only run Perrin / Hexis missions, alternate between Perrin / Hexis Sigils.
link

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I love ayanga mainly because I saw a guy 1 shot tridolons with it. But its solid just finicky about its range. Kraken was my first so I love it. The alt fire is really helpful.

temple fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 29, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Can someone recommend a zaw that's as good or better than nikana prime? No plague parts

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going with sepfahn, peye, vargeet II jai nikana.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Railjack has grown on me. I hate there isn't more to do with it. I maxxed out my ship without actually using it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The biggest problem with RJ is the lack of synergy between the roles on the ship.
The side turrets are pointless. Scrap them and beef up archwings for defense.
The engineer kinda has synergy but instead of refining, dump extra resources to make buffs for the rj and aw.
The artillery and pilot has a lot of synergy but the artillery gun is only has 1 button. So, I'd make the arty seat be switchable between a regular turret and the dome charge. Both weapons will function the same (360 vs 180 degrees, muntions and flux vs dome charges) but not used at the same time.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

This is why I don't use voice chat in games.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Game scientists: "No you can't change my riven disposition"
DE: "Platinum machine go brrr"

temple
Jul 29, 2006

At the early point of the game, extractors are too expensive and too little reward. You will find most resources by clearing the star chart. Below mastery level 10, save your money for weapon blueprints.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Why can pubbies manage the first and second eidolons but collapse on the 3rd? I usually solo the shields and can solo the initial 2 but I need help on the 3rd.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

f
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sIYe74sczE

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Dispo is a good idea in theory but it only pisses people off. It serves no other purpose.

temple fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 9, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Just tested my bramma in regular SO... still slaps.

temple fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

For those farming Protea...

T1: Skyresh, Phobos (Capture)
T2: Triton, Neptune (Rescue)
T3: Hydra, Pluto (Capture)

Those seem to be fastest. If you get fissures that raise enemy level, keep in mind that Triton will go to T3 I think.
Thanks. I was really shocked at how bad people are at farming this. Its 50% team of mesa or team of random frames with no purpose.

temple fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jun 12, 2020