Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Hog Butcher posted:

It'd never happen, but it'd be pretty rad if it was possible to have a mission type where you could play as stock enemies to prevent a team of player Tenno from achieving a goal.

Have it work like Counter-Operative from Perfect Dark. :v:

So my lowly corpus grunt could turn around and shoot the hostage for an instant tenno failure. I like it.

A break action shotgun for warframe? That'll make me drop the strun wraith in a heartbeat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

LonsomeSon posted:

...aaaand an update to the UI, allowing it to cogently display details about all of the changes? Unheard-of in the annals of Warframe updates!!!
Yeah, but when are we getting it? This just makes me want it now. Now now now now now.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

bald and fail II posted:

Also I feel like going back to use trinity again but my mod loadout looks like poo poo, whats best to slot? Duration and range? Power strength?
I like efficiency and power, but only with Fleeting Expertise for a crazystupid energy vampire for the team. Duration is better when you want insane blessing/link time, but it pretty much neuters energy vampire. Finding a balance between the two extremes is 100% viable and still fun. So I guess the answer is use whatever is the most fun at the time.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
I just rhino stomped my way through that stealth mastery test. Rhino really IS good at everything!

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
For those of you with a Volt gathering dust in your arsenal, I encourage you to try him again. Electric damage procs get totally out of control in a hurry! Everything you Shock will shock everything else in range. Add electronics to that in the case of Overload and the screen completely fills with numbers. Even against non-corpus, shock is still a cheap AoE stun.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

WeaponBoy posted:

Don't you see? This is all a lead-in to adding announcer packs for Warframe. I would pay to have Rucks tell me about incoming assault squads. :allears:

"The Tenno just rages for a while."
A little late, but I would gladly fork over $5 in shiny spacebucks for that. I like the idea of alternate operators as a whole. The way Darvo lampshades the clips we all know and love is icing on the cake.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Sandweed posted:

You should only buy steam packs if they are 75% of.
Yes. Rule number one of Steam sales: only buy featured deals and flash deals until the very last day. Because it's a downer to buy something at 50% off and see it hit 75% the next day.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Denzine posted:

Penta owns btw.

owns super hard.
I was only able to try mine a short while ago. Instantly fell in love in the first test run. Penta is a really satisfying weapon to use! Though it seems like the damage rating listed in the arsenal only applies when you directly bean someone with a grenade. The actual explosions are fantastic in presentation and effect.

Get a Penta.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

wid posted:

Last I heard they're planning to implement a reputation system, like you give good/bad rep to your team after a mission.
This could be pretty sweet, but we all know people will abuse the hell out of it unless there are limitations. I like the way Final Fantasy 14 does it. Only members of your dungeon party that aren't part of a premade can give reputation after a mission. So only people that get matched up as individuals.

I'd hate to see it turn into another hugbox like the forums, which removed the dislike button for posts.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!
The new HUD is definitely garbage. You can change the display boundaries in the options and that helps a bit, but a lot of it is too far out of sight or unreadable. Why do I have a power selector under my reticle, but not ammo or energy? I can't read those once things start exploding. Then for some reason Blessing is only lasting 15 seconds now. Did they cap the invincibility time without telling us?

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Helter Skelter posted:

2. Venturing out means you will gently caress up enemy spawns. The farther out you go, the farther out the enemies will spawn, exacerbating all other issues.
I wish we could have some kind of PSA about this. Getting anything done on Kappa with pubbies is a nightmare. There's apparently some information going around about the artifact room getting more spawns than the other 2 objective rooms. So everyone's all spread out over 3 or 4 rooms and I have to either babysit the objective or let the mission fail out of spite. Either way I don't get the xp I'm there for in the first place.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Sandweed posted:

The braton prime is my favorite gun, it's not the best but it's cool looking and I like it.
This is Warframe right here. I've spoken to a lot of people that whine about grinding or lack of direction. These people also never unequip their Somas. More people need to get back to stylin' on each other for fun.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Shab posted:

I have all the parts for a Rhino and (almost) all for an Oberon. I have just a Volt right now and I'd like something to solo/pub farm with, which I hear the Rhino is great at, but I also tend toward support roles so I'm kind of interested in the Oberon. If I'm looking to get a Trinity eventually, is the Oberon worth getting right now over the Rhino?
Rhino should be the first frame you build, hands down. He's just that good. After him, Oberon is a solid and useful mix of support and offense. Trinity is strictly support and is capable of doing some pretty hilarious things, but that requires a great deal of work to get going in earnest.

Rhino actually has fair support when you can hit iron skin or stomp before reviving someone. Roar is also very nice.

Edit: too slow! :shobon:

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Shugojin posted:

It seems like they take only the worst player feedback into consideration. Invasion rewards should be decent if I'm gonna run the same drat extermination 5 times in a row :argh:
What I'm more afraid of is that DE takes the loudest feedback into consideration. Unfortunately, it's often also the worst. I'm still enjoying the game for sure. It's just that the community is worse than I'm used to. Wish they'd at least rework some of the silly market prices. You can buy an orokin cell for 20 plat to finish off that catalyst! Or you can... buy a catalyst for 20 plat. Maybe it's just an idiot tax.

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Wales Grey posted:

DE please make next melee weapon a chainsaw-sword, not some dumb weaboo katana.
I may have mentioned this in the past, but the game could really do with a grineer version of

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

A polished turd is still a turd
Then you might as well call me king shitlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Flipswitch posted:

They should make archwing for kubros imo

Barkwing. Make it happen DE. Do it. Let them carry a veritux in their teeth and add a rocket booster precept.