Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nasgate posted:

So is it just me, or is it kind of hosed up that the game throws the archwing quest at you like 4 or 5 planets before you get one with plastids?

Or did I gently caress up and skip the right boss for a while?

Either way, I was more pumped about Jupiter than any blueprint or weapon I've gotten so far.
This is me right now with Control Modules and every frame I've got blueprints for.

Also: Should I believe the person that said Volt Prime is coming out in the next few weeks, or should I golden potato my little shock jock now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Swagger Dagger posted:

Volt Prime's been datamined but I don't think anybody actually knows when it's coming out, you could probably get another potato by then.
Ahhh, got it. Follow-up: If I have just the one potato, and just the one frame, but I'm a Control Module away from completing one of 3 different frames(Nyx, Rhino, Valkyr) would I be best served holding onto it for one of them?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dahbadu posted:

On melee weapon chat:

If you're a newer player, Atterax (market?), Daul Ichors (clan tech), Jat Kittag (clan tech), and Galatine (market) are all pro melee weapons, not that difficult to build, and very powerful.
On this note, what should I be building towards for relatively accessible newish-person (Mastery 4, with enough levels to go on some frames that I'll probably hit 5/6 relatively quickly here) primary/secondary weapons? I've got a Hind, Paris, and Strun for primaries and a Gammacor, Kunai, and Sicarus for secondaries so far.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 9, 2015

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I just want to thank y'all for suggesting the Kohm last week, it has single-handedly made this game like 20x more fun. TUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNK

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Male Man posted:

Why would my primary have a weakness?
The weakness of my Kohm is that sometimes I get too giddy and forget to press any other buttons for awhile. It's a very real concern.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

hooah posted:

My gripe with the maneuverability is that I keep accidentally doing the air melee + ground slam instead of 'coptering, and I have no idea why. Also, when I was leveling up my Redeemer, my character would seemingly randomly stop sprinting. Really annoying.
Point your camera up. Like, >45 degrees up. From practicing Tipedoing the last few days, it seems like if you're either already in the descent of your jump, or pointing at the ground At All, even ground nowhere near you, it thinks "come on and slam" instead of welcoming you to the jam like you want. Now take flight.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So it's safe to assume that this Seer pistol I built is a terrible piece of poo poo I should sell the second I get it to 30, right? Because god drat.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

runningt4cyesterday.txt right here

Seriously I got like 5 of the drat things before we even SAW a Frost Prime BP.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

One thing I appreciate about the stance-thing alert is that I built a Galatine for it and got it to level 26 by the end of the mission. That's about it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Azran posted:

:lol: there's a 75% off login reward that also gets you free plat along with the coupon hahaha
From helping other folks out with your past coupons, I bet their system thinks you are King Whale and puts you into the special Nth Day login reward lottery.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Fayk posted:

Last time it wasn't was Dec12 - 3:45PM EST.

So yeah it's pretty pesky: https://twitter.com/search?q=%40WFAlertsMods%20Vauban%20Helmet%20-Esprit%20-Gambit&src=typd
That's for the Gambit sub-type helmet, for the component helmet blueprint itself the last was:

Amalthea (Jupiter): Enemy Task Force Located - 119m - 5900cr - Vauban Helmet (Blueprint) 9:52 PM - 24 Feb 2015

Which is downright almost reasonable!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lord Wexia posted:

gently caress I didn't even see that. Where was I then? Who knows. Alright I take back my comments.
It's still a huge pain in the rear end, because they just did all the pieces in the last week, so it'll probably be awhile before any of them go up again.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Another Vauban Chassis alert just popped. Because while 5 am was unreasonable, 7 am is so much better...?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The Kohm would like a word with you :colbert:
And that word is TUKTUKTUKTUKTUK

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Use our drop tables for guidance!
*drop tables are not useful*

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Any of the frames worth buying outright / have extra-egregious grinds? I saw Harrow in the OP and looked at all its part drop rates on the wiki, but anyone else y'all can think of that is worth biting the bullet on if one has for instance not played this game since vauban was released and still has a plat balance for some reason in the mid hundreds?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nidus is the most aesthetically and mechanically interesting to me so that's a sufficient number of votes, ty all

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I just realized/remembered that I can slot mods into slots without any polarity, not just matching polarity, and suddenly the game got a thousand times easier. Man it's been awhile.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Also it looks like upgrading mods just costs like, mod-essence currency and credits, instead of combining lower-level mods? That's nice of them because I have 11000 of that currency and 2m credits. Thanks game.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Is there a way to force the game to let you solo a stage instead of auto-grouping? Related: The New Strange is the worst quest.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Okay next question is, do other warframes only exist to reflect Nidus's perfect light and glory?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

On the one hand leeching is bad but on the other hand "Complete 5 missions on Uranus with only a melee weapon equipped"

After which, it's time to hunt for Grineer caches! Weeeee

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

thats a tutorial quest to show you the magic of excals (or others) exalted weapons (or other killframe abilities) btw. By the point i had just the most basic sustainability mods and the 5 melee missions were way easier than the ones i was using guns for.
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm pairing it with leveling up my Trinity Prime by riding along on pub Tyl Regor kills, and could switch it up with going back to King Nidus if I wanted to solo defense missions with just 1 and 2. But I like complaining about Uranus, as

Evil Mastermind posted:

Uranus is the worst planet.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Question I can't find a real answer for: If I fail a Mastery test, do I have to refill the bar again to take it, in addition to waiting out the 24h lockout?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Oh thank god. I'd googled around but it was just people asking if you'd continue to accrue Mastery when capped. Guess I'll use the time between tests to practice bullet time jumping, and level up crap to turn into other weapons.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Psion posted:

You can also practice the test itself directly if you go to a relay. then esc, fast travel, pick cephalon simaris. When you get there turn a 180 and go up the curving staircase on your left. each little alcove is a specific MR test.

you can take them here for real if you want but the real value is letting you practice them as many times as you want
Oh hell yeah. Soon Rank 8 will be mine.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Psychorider posted:

I like searching for Argon Crystal in the foundry to see what I can build before they decay.
That's how I ended up building Nezha yesterday! Thanks Goon Clan Research!

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nidus Prime but at high Mutation his chest opens up, revealing a tiny regular Nidus piloting it

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Anyone got a good Atlas build / recommendations? He looks neat but everything I've found looks pretty old or is like "you should have maxed Primed these + have the Umbra mods already + this and this before even THINKING about Rocky."

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Chains of Harrow feels weird to slide into the rest of the mind-blowing and lore-growing main quests, BUT it's super cool and I appreciate murder-Catholic exorcism Dead Space riffs a lot.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Oh hey, the alert giving a Riven mod today just maxed out 2 weapons from 0 in one go and got my warframe from 2 to 24, nice.

Also: Holy poo poo Atlas is amazing

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Cookie Kwan posted:

I never see people play him. It's weird because he's definitely fun and can handle higher level enemies quite easily with his sucker punch.
So far I'm enjoying that the third strike of his 1 combo just hits like...everywhere. I feel like I need to get better at managing rubble and petrifying enemies though.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hobold posted:

I really want to redo my Atlas build, but he's been benched until his DX skin and Prime Access comes out.

Still my most played frame.
What was your build, or how would you rebuild him? Or both?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Death Panel Czar posted:

I should have asked this sooner, but is there a reason to keep the Kuva staff from the Grineer queens? I never use it and unlike other plot stuff it doesn't seem like you can craft it into anything.
The reason to keep it is it comes pre-potato'd and comes with the best attack speed and status chance (and almost the best damage) of all staves, and you can use it to pop health orbs out of dead enemies. It's sick as hell.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

What am I doing wrong with my Soma Prime? I've got the usual multishot, serration, crit Chance and damage, 2 eles build going along with two vigilante mods for the crit upgrade proc (arm and fervor) and it just doesn't feel anywhere near as good as a Dread or Vectis Prime, but I want something I can peel a few rounds off at people from. Should I just follow the current page and drop it for an Amprex?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I think the sun will set on the human race before I have a productive night on the plains of eidolon, gently caress the quills.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Anything special I'm missing about proper Rhino Prime mods? Just forma'ing the aura slot then going for armor + power duration/strength/range, right?

Also, are any of the Syndicate mods mandatory enough to pursue for him?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I have until Baro leaves to get 18,924 mastery points and pass the rank 11 test in order to be able to buy the Prisma Gorgon. Someone tell me this isn't worth it and that those ducats will be better spent the next time Baro comes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Babe Magnet posted:

Wisp. Second one is her Alt helmet. She's going to have a custom Sprint animation, possibly an entire new animation set.
For anyone reading this but unable to see the stream, Wisp also floats like her materials and body are in zero-G so in practice she looks even weirder than those screenshots. Looks cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My only Zenurik lens is on my Trinity Prime frame. I think I'm stupid.