Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Even Switch Teleport is okay, though sadly you can't switch on team mates any more.

This is a good change, even though I loved trolling with Switch Teleport.

Are there still big lag issues with the game? I remember the netcode seemed awful in the beta. Also, is the heat sword still good (and is Afuris still bad?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Denzine posted:

Yeah there's still netcode issues, but it's pretty playable now.

Yup just tried it again and they really polished up the UI and coop isn't a ridiculous lag match either. Ended up getting an extra Warframe with plat from founder's pack since they come with their own slots and Orokin reactors now.

Pretty impressed, though I'm not sure how much I'll end up playing it.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

https://warframe.com/prime-access

Looks like they brought the 3 tier thing back. Are Titan Extractors any good?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Schubalts posted:

At least blueprints are guaranteed rewards from bosses now. I do not miss the days of hoping for a drop, then hoping it would be the part you need.

Oh no wonder things seemed to drop so much easier! I was like, man I'm lucky for getting blueprints.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Is it worthwhile to potato the Braton Vandal?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Where do you farm these multishot mods anyway? My regular strun (which was potato'd earlier in beta) seems a bit underwhelming. What's a good mod setup for the Strun?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

a glorious hole posted:

Anyone on PS4 able to jump me to the J3-Golem? It's the last piece of the Rhino Recipe I need!

Is it different from the PC? Isn't Rhino on Venus?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Have there been any non-credit rewards for the event besides that Gallium one? I think I missed one of the levels.

And if it was a bad weapon you'll even get the same experience of realizing that the STALKER artifact gives you radiation poisoning after you put it on!

Orokin Reactor!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

What's a worthwhile weapon to craft with the forma from the invasion event?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Crewmine posted:

I started playing a few days ago without really knowing anything at all and chose Mag. Pull is your basic ability and kills everything on screen instantly until you get to Earth, then it only kills most things instantly and cripples the rest. The trick to playing mag, as far as I can see, is to use pull when you've got a lot of people chasing you to instakill them while guaranteeing that at least one will drop an energy ball. Energy balls provide exactly enough for another pull.

It seems completely broken and I frequently find myself dealing 40% of the damage in groups of 4 just by bashing pull over and over. If I was gonna do it again I'd probably go loki since I imagine it'd be a bit more challenging and fun.

High level Loki is a lot of fun, but you'll be on the bottom of the damage boards with all the AOE warframes until you get your gear. It's a good frame to play with a friend since there's more teamwork - when partying with pubbies, it's usually less fun.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

So this guy is selling 465 plat codes (from Nvidia's promo) for 5$. Just wanted to give a heads up to goons who were interested in getting plat for even better than 75% off. I bought a code and the guy was pretty nice.

http://www.epicnpc.com/threads/571983-nVidia-WarFrame-465-Platinum-%28Worth-25-%29-codes-5-PayPal

Of course, the first thing I got was a scarf. Can't be a space ninja without looking like a real Shinobi.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

You guys weren't kidding about Rhino. I was thinking, what could be more fun than Vauban and sword Loki.

*Rhino Charge*

Ok, Mass Effect Vanguard clone does the trick.

Edit: What are good ways of farming credit? I've already used up all of the ones from the Jupiter event :sweatdrop:

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 26, 2013

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/28/how-sony-wooed-warframe-onto-ps4?abthid=52973ca93763c17079000009

Interview on how Sony jumped to get Warframe to be a PS4 timed exclusive (and how the entire company is focused on that game now.)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a way to 'reset' an account and re-select my initial Frame, even if it means starting again? I'm not finding Excalibur very fun. A bit too straightforward for my tastes.

Loki might be your guy, but he's a bit weak. You should just try to farm up Rhino from Venus.

Volt is a good pick too, and Vauban if you want the comedy/expensive option. Try to get the Nvidia 25$ codes if you're going down that route.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

So what happens when you buy the new Update 10 bundle on sale? Soma is mastery level 6, but I'm assuming anyone can just buy the bundle?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

[EXTRACTION INTENSIFIES]

Jesus Christ, DE. How is this a thing that works. Look at all these nanospores I have now. Look at them.

I can confirm that this is a thing. What the heck?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Stalker weapons are on sale now. If i already didn't have one of them...I probably still wouldn't buy it I guess.

Yesterday's deal was good for newbies. Today's deal is just bad.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Yeah, in order for this game to really be the 9/10 game that it wants to be, Digital Extremes is going to have to streamline a bunch of the jankier (hint: early beta bad design) aspects and provide a better new player experience. Almost all of the bad parts of the game are frontloaded, which is why I can understand the low Eurogamer score.

As suggestions, DE should 1) reduce nodes on most planets 2) provide more variation of aesthetics 3) improve the boss battles - this is happening 4) combine exterminate/spy/sabotage/capture missions and/or have shorter point to point missions and 5) rebalance mission rewards so that you'd want to do as many different types of missions as possible. Unlocking the Star Map right now is a chore and gates the better parts of Warframe.

For newer players who aren't the biggest fans so far, the best experience possible now for a newbie is start with Mag or Excal, get Rhino, do defense/survival missions, do tower missions and unlock cool stuff. Doing missions with the goon clan makes the game a much better experience.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Kortel posted:

Any specific missions good for farming Rubedo? Seems like most missions on earth cap out at 27. Except for Mobile Defense but thats a crap shot depending on hosts.

Cyath is good for Rubedo. I think Rubedo drops in reasonable amounts from Tower missions. Also try to supplement your farming with Titan Extractors.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/05/warframe-review-2

Better than the goofy Eurogamer review. Basically, the reviewer wonders why the game is so bad but he's having so much fun.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Cathair posted:

If you want all the color packs, don't buy them individually, buy the bundles! Most people forget that the bundles tab exists, since it's full of stupid garbage you should never buy, but there's two color pack bundles and they're probably the only worthwhile things in there. I don't remember how much they are, but I remember it being a hell of a lot cheaper than buying every pack one by one.

The Immortal Skin bundle is worth it too. I only have Loki, Rhino and Frost unlocked out of them, but the patterns look really nice (with the right color combination.)

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

I love how nobody gets sunk cost about this game anymore.

"I hear this game has problems." "Oh Jesus there's so many we can tell you all about them."

I attribute this to the early adoption and continued use of :de: in clan chat.

Its easy to bash on the dumb bits of the game, but considering that we've been playing a work-in-progress, it's a bit easier to forgive.

I stopped around the time of the Nyx release and came back to try it a couple of weeks ago and it's a lot of fun. The maps have been getting better and better and the survival/defense modes are ME3 quality.

I also don't consider crafting choice weapons to be under 'progression quest', but that's just me.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

necrobobsledder posted:

Well, the reason I ever stick with anything terrible is because as long as it's monotonically getting better, I don't really see what's so bad given it could be much worse. Sure, it's the same attitude keeping us with bad things around us like our jobs, relationships, and government, but a video game isn't anywhere near as consequential. As much as we're griping about Damage 2.0, it at least removes some of the issues we had where everything higher-level meant "just add more armor piercing" but it does seem like a lateral step amidst the tweaking they seem to do haphazardly.

On the brightside, if the general game got better and they fixed a lot of things, I imagine Warframe could get dangerously addictive with how addictive it is at its basic reptilian core. Perhaps their goal is to not get people burned out like so many have with WoW and MMOs and find something in between and not addressing a lot of the complaints is intentional and strategized.

Mostly I've paid these guys out of warm, fuzzy idealism though.

The worst part of the game right now is the new user experience, which irritated the Eurogamer guy to no end. All they really need to do is to swap tilesets and have the newer players fight in all the newer tilesets (Void, Derelict, Tatooine, Jupiter, Hoth).

The tutorial mission starts off in a Void survival 'dream'. You start your missions fighting in the outer planets and you slowly unlock the inner Solar System, ie the lovely tilesets. 4/10 jumps to 7/10 instantly.

It's ironically the least important part of the game to fix because the active players who are spending cash are the ones you have to entertain.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Sophism posted:

Oh God, Perfect World bought DE? Well... unless DE is given 100% free reign on their game, this is finally a "sky is falling" scenario.

PW has the most mercenary F2P business model in the industry, and they'll make sure that the vast majority of dev time is spent on making freemium crap in lockboxes.

To everyone that hates on DE's well-intentioned but often short-sighted updates to the game, if we get the worst case scenario as an outcome of this merger, you'll be begging to have the old Warframe back.

I'm sincerely hoping that history doesn't repeat itself. :smithicide:

I'm honestly not a big fan of DE's updates and think that the current model works just fine for Perfect World. Expensive Prime Access bs, grind keys... I don't think lockboxes are any worse than what exists.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Sighence posted:

Damnit, now I have to explain to my friend how this is not a good thing just because they produced a decent WoW clone back in high school on top of this. :negative:

Better content and marketing, but more lock boxes?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

doomfunk posted:

Going to chime in as an owner of a lifetime account on Champions Online - when people say new content stopped happening when PWE purchased CO, that is absolutely the case. The acquisition of CO by PWE is honestly the point at which I stopped playing that game. I logged in the other day and didn't stay on at all.

Word on other forums is that Rebecca's looking into it. It seems that DE people didn't know about this, either. Seems shady.

On the other hand, they focused their efforts on Star Trek Online and it's kept up with content.

CO's a bit unfortunate, but when a game bombs that badly, you're throwing good money after bad. Neverwinter isn't great but I don't think its connected to the monetization. It's also just not a very good game and the fans aren't really supporting it.

Of course I hope the team at DE manage to continue their creative vision. Unless PWE just wants to slash and burn, I think Warframe will be fine.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jul 3, 2014

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Is the guild still active? Might need to sign up again because Oro tower runs a lot of fun. I did the 3 corrupted mod missions and they were pretty boring.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Tried out some of the Melee 2.0 stuff. It's pretty neat as are stances.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Magus42 posted:

I just picked up Loki Prime Access the other day; Carrier looks absolutely hilarious w/the Prime Accessories addons.

How hard is it to farm Loki Prime and Bo Prime? Those were my starter frame/melee weapon combo and there's still some sentimental value in getting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

What's the current high tier content. Is it still running towers (don't seem to see too many people running those in the clan.)