Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
I have been playing for last couple weeks doing quests/Junctions. Last time I played more than a couple missions was when they introduced invasions. Some notes:
First survival mission i did everyone was sitting in a small room while some kind of tentacles were tearing enemies in the next room.
Playing as Nidus on defense mission is fun if he manages to survive and build stacks.
To get one of the main quests you need to finish Mot in Void. But nobody is playing Void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Baro's got a 3-day affinity booster, too.

Or WF-GCX-2021

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

FunkyFjord posted:

Try to pick up a Trumna and if you don't absolutely hate fishing and wildlife preservation then you can somewhat painlessly work towards getting a Helminth segment for your orbiter which will quickly catch up on some of the more recent frame buffing mechanics. You can also grind up a Necramech in Deimos,
Dont you need to do Eidolons to get Necramechs?

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Quill posted:

No. Go through the Earth To Mars Junction, finish Heart Of Deimos, then The War Within, reach a "clearance level" with a certain someone, buy the parts from them, craft the things and finally combine them. Simple and easy. You can do it 10 minutes.
Seems that you need to level 3 sindicates to level 3 thats minimum 3 days. Plus you need standing to buy the weapon part blueprints needed for leveling up so another day. 60 father tokens resources from vaults. So yes 10 minutes.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

It doesn’t get harder but my tolerance for doing it goes down, especially when the alternative is “mash Y” (which is the cipher shortcut, as everyone knows).

It has a shortcut?

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

Does it only show up for me because I play using a gamepad?

Yes.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Nalesh posted:

People do level 9999 steel path runs with the mk1 bo to prove a point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwUw8_c6320

According to ingame stats I have 373 hours played and MR15. I have absolutely no idea what is happening in that video.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Tylana posted:

Large Team Energy Restore. Hotkey 1-12 of your gear wheel to F1-F12. Get the x100 BP from Clan Tenno Lab. Have mana potions you can mash with a key.
First i learn about "Y" and cyphers. Now this. Maybe there is a button to farm a necramech.

metasynthetic posted:

This thing from reddit is a pretty good, concise guidepost for wiki diving:

DE really need to somehow stereamline
5 (eidolons), 8, 9, 12.
As someon who has come back to the game after couple year absence (or a new player) the grind to get them is incredible.

CatHorse fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 8, 2021

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Pipski posted:

it really does seem to bring out the neurotic control freaks. i had one today as well, melting down because i inadvertently blew up a couple of spawn pods before they hatched.

You are not supposed to do that?

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
During my first arbitration survival mission somebody very patiently wrote and explained that Khora has an augment that increases loot, so I should not run around killing things outside the net.
But today during Plague Star somebody explained in one sentence what they think about people that bring Wukongs and Embers to this mission and quit.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

temple posted:

Depends on what mods you want. Loid sells some good ones in his boudoir. Running bounties should net some.

There are like 8 mods including Repair that drop only from puzzle monster.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Is there a reason people are quiting Sanctuary Onslaught after an odd zone like 5 or 7?

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Araganzar posted:

So let's suppose my friend is more MINIMUM POSSIBLE EFFORT than TO THE MAXXX X-3 (EXTREME VERSION FTR. MC MAXXY MAX), what do you have behind the counter in that sort of price range?

Or join a clan and get wukong

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
https://www.warframe.com/news/dev-workshop-update-3090
Some kind of Prime Vault event coming before New War

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

A Moose posted:

I feel like the devs probably didn't intend for anyone to grind for ivara, like they figured you'd do 90 spy missions anyway and just happen to get it while doing something else, like a sortie or cracking relics or something.

Who does spy missions?

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

smallmouth posted:

Has there been any detail on currency for it?

Besides the huge article about it? https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1285421-prime-resurgence-dev-workshop-faq/

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Tylana posted:

Sadly they are explicit in how this doesn't make Prime Accessories any cheaper, just lets you time travel back and buy them (and maybe slightly more ala carte).

It becomes even more expensive. Because they don't give platinum.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkRZus_hYWg
"Relive the story of the Origin System leading up to Warframe’s largest-ever cinematic expansion, The New War."

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

temple posted:

December 2021
31st
11:50 PM
PST

I didn't play for couple years, but I understand that railjack was launched during Game Awards. So this could probably launch December 10. Or more realistically December 32.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
They are adding Platinum to Regal Aya packs. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1287458-the-upcoming-corrections-with-regal-aya-next-steps/

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

slow_twitch posted:

Did they actually say this? I thought just having a railjack was sufficient

They have been saying mech+railjack for some time.

Prop Wash posted:

Oh, Orphix missions. Yeah de putting them into a place where you’re almost guaranteed to be solo (and making orphix spawning even more difficult than the event!) was a pretty indefensible move.
I don't know how it was during the event. But doing them now is a pain. Especially when you need to do the objectives for 15 minutes before you even get to the orphixes.

CatHorse fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 1, 2021

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

slow_twitch posted:

Yes, but not getting to a specific point in the railjack starchart

Nothing seems to indicate that you need to.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMLr4wMZ7zg
There are 3 acts. All release at same time.

https://wccftech.com/warframe-the-new-war-first-look-digital-extremes-biggest-cinematic-quest-yet/

" Plans on more open world zones in future

Reb took 4 hours 45 mins to complete New War

Post New War is inducative of future content

Allignment made in previous quests will have some consequence, but will not lock out quest choices.

Some operator VA changes?

No operator balance changes for now."

CatHorse fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 7, 2021

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

How are u posted:

The animal capturing has been keeping me from advancing with Entrati, which has been keeping me from getting a nechramech :saddumb:

Farm relics, get platinum, get mech.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Chubbs posted:

I wish they'd make the mandachord song editor available on a website or the helper app, it'd be nice to be able to play around with it at work.

GeForce Now. Works in Chrome.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

smallmouth posted:

And I can’t find the pistol in my inventory.

I have not gotten to that part, but the pistol is an operator gun like amp.

chumbler posted:

Need to make sure my fashion is ready for cutscenes.
At least in the cut-scene i have gotten to there was no mask and no ephemera on operator. And it really could have used those batwings.

CatHorse fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 16, 2021

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Is there a way to abandon New War? I am doing archon fights. And I rather play regular Warframe.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Of course one of the sentients the owl spawns is behind a locked door.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Some hints for those struggling with New War: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1291476-guide-for-those-stuck-in-new-war/

I like Warframe, I hated the gameplay of New War.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Flytrap posted:

Fairly early New War spoilers: fuckin lol that Teshin just got crushed and nobody gives a poo poo. So long not-Shax, you died as you lived: completely forgotten and irrelevant the second you were off screen.

He is an ordinary vendor, who appeared in one quest acting like you should know who he is.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it would have been nice to have an enemy radar mod on for the combat portions near the end. i'm not sure why they took away your pet.

The weird thing is that necramechs have a radar mod, but it doesn't work without a pet.

Brainbread posted:

Is there a way to just end The New War so I can go back to the game.

NO. But here are tips for common problems: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1291476-guide-for-those-stuck-in-new-war/

CatHorse fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 18, 2021

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Brainbread posted:

I'm not stuck, I'm just angry and frustrated to the point where i fought Boreal and killed him, then it made me "hunt him down" and I just, like. Shouted at my computer that "jesus gently caress your gonna make me do this again" and just had to quit out of the game.
It was similar for me. You wanna know the worst part? Due to game not saving you will have to redo that fight. That hunt him down part is shorter.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Hey, uhhhh...
I think you need to talk to someone if a video game is making you this angry.

New War is a couple hours long and seriously not a big deal.

Ah! A gitgudder.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

temple posted:

Can't you appreciate a break in monotony? You can be an overpowered flipping space ninja all the time.

If you have started New War, you can't. DE lock you out of the main game. While they warn about that, they don't say that New War is a completely different game to Warframe. Also needing railjack and necramech are lies (for the 5 minutes they are used a generic ones could have been provided)

CatHorse fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 18, 2021

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm shocked you didn't figure this out when the literal first gameplay bits we were ever showcased was about 3 different games that are completely different to Warframe.

Those parts sill felt like warframe. While you weren't a backflipping ninja you still were oneshotting sentients. Those 2 boss fights felt like much worse version of boss fights in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

temple posted:

Do people know you can dodge to reduce incoming damage and flop through a lot of attacks? I spammed roll on most of the bosses.

For me one of bugs during those fights was drifter lost ability to dodge. It's also not necessary outside the steel path. And like pressing Y to use cypher not everybody knows.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

The Drifter camp site is loving huge honestly, I wonder if there are more plans for stuff to happen there. More importantly, I want to set all my dogos and kittys free to run around the fields. Oh, and maybe uncage all these condrocs and rats I've been torturing in their tiny cramped cages, I guess.

And Railjack crew. With a dedicated Shawzin player

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

chumbler posted:

DE please remove the drone mission from bounties. It breaks so often.
You just have to git gud. and use Loki or other methods to move it.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

marhom posted:

Is the Ordis model change from there or is it just an unexplained thing / thing I missed in TNW?

He probably is the new Narmer and needs the body to wear that hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

FunkyFjord posted:

yuuuuuup

I also got the impression that Ordis and all of the gear and lander/orbiter stuff at the drifter camp was ours and not the drifter's. It's definitely colored the same, and decorated the same as soon as you're out of the quest (or sometimes in the quest judging by some videos of peoples' walls of crap blocking out camera angles), and the drifter is using other ships while simply using your stuff as a hideout. I'd like to get the ordis bot as a unique sentinel or have it float around the camp with new lines but there's also no reason he'd need the bot body in the operational ships.

During the quest Ordis occasionally forgets that it's talking to Drifter and not the Operator