Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

DelphiAegis posted:

As of now? Hoping the Wiki is correct. As of U11? Scanning every enemy (:psyduck:) and completing the codex entry on them. Which, let's face it, I am looking forward to.

Stop hitting my skinner box buttons, DE.

Yeah, the scanning thing seems kinda like busy work but drat if it won't at least provide me some goals to work toward. I kinda want to fill out my mod collection, but getting together groups for void and derelict runs is too much work when I just wanna sit down and blast apart some bad dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Hog Butcher posted:

There's a 75% one, too.

I wanna say I heard there's an ultra-rare 90%, but I couldn't source that.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

I made it through once and then at the end of the mission it errored out and said the results couldn't be saved :smith:.

Unless my group was doing something wrong, the second boss was incredibly tough. I got that you shoot it in the legs to get it to be vulnerable, but every time we did that it would take like 5% damage at the very most.

A bunch of bosses are designed to take a really long time to kill. The ones that aren't are the ones that haven't gotten a redesign yet. It kinda sucks.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Crowbear posted:

Ok, so if I wanted to carry on with rifles instead of shotguns what would the next step up from a Braton be?

The Boltor is a solid option (may or may not be true after Damage 2.0) if you're up to rank 2, the Hind is a workable burst rifle with no rank requirement, although it has a steep resource cost, the Burston is Hind's little brother (shorter burst with same damage/shot and accuracy) but cheaper to build, the Paris is an armor-piercing (again, may or may not matter after Damage 2.0) longbow with pretty high damage but limited potential when fighting groups of enemies (i.e. always).

Consider the Strun. While not amazing, it's competitive in the early-game "well, what now?" bracket.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, I'm not to thrilled in abstract about any of her skills except the possibility of otherwise impossible acrobatics. Her claws will have to be far more powerful than any other melee weapon can possibly be in order to be worth the time spent using them, let alone the energy.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

If those achievements properly backfill then I'm going to get, like, all of them except for the super-high ranks and probably 1000 revives.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

DelphiAegis posted:

I'm just assuming the achievements will backfill, since not everybody is on steam, and you can port your account over anyway. I think the counting ones (Make 10 items, revive x players, etc) might not, though. Damnit. Now I'm excited. :(

Yeah, now that I think of it anything that's tracked in your profile (ciphers, mastery ranks, warframes, lifetime credits) will get backfilled and other stuff (kill 100 enemies in a mission, the mod stuff, maybe selling things) won't. Fortunately all that stuff looks pretty trivial to do with a long-standing account.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

I don't know how any damage type interacts with any target type!

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

HelmetCheese posted:

Anyone else notice a substantial performance boost with this update? Haven't done any tower runs yet, they tend to make my fps poo poo the bed but I'm getting 60+ fps during missions where I used to get 30-40. Feels great on this aging desktop.

Did you use multithreaded rendering before? It's on by default now.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

JackMackerel posted:

I'm pissed, but not surprised they didn't allow you to trade Warframe/Weapon parts.

I'm seriously considering buying a Void key pack, I've had zero Tier 3 Exterminate keys drop for me, even at all the usual spots.

I thought weapon parts were explicitly one of the things we'd be able to trade. On the other hand, I thought platinum was explicitly one of the thing we wouldn't be able to trade, so what do I know?

Just beg some tower runs in clan chat. I've got multiple T3 exterminate keys and no real reason to use them. Probably some other people are the same. It's just after a major patch and there's an event running, so there should be plenty of people playing.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

amuayse posted:

This game is pretty fun, reminds me of EYE: Divine Cybermancy. Are there hammers btw?

The Fragor is a giant gently caress-off hammer. Used to be it would send enemies flying on a kill, but I don't think it will now that physics impact damage isn't a thing anymore.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? My launcher's freezing on "checking for updates".

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

JackMackerel posted:

Urgh, if I recall, that's a pretty common problem (I've had friends off-site report it) and DE's been lazy about it.

So, for anyone else's reference, I got it fixed.

Verifying Steam files to roll back updates didn't help. A little research indicated that the launcher relies on built-in Windows Internet components that Internet Explorer also uses, but notably Firefox and Chrome don't. Checking, Internet Explorer was also unable to connect to anything. After a quick system reboot (I had to force restart: the program responsible for closing other programs on shut-down was hanging) everything's peachy.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Rhino for both, obviously.

I don't know about Rhino's butt. He's pretty heavily invested in the totally diamond encrusted codpiece.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

So I puttered around in the global trade channel for a bit and people are pricing unranked standard rare mods (i.e. Flow, multishots, etc.) in the 10 plat range. Our trading post should be done around 11:45pm EST, and then I can make people with more money than time buy me cosmetics.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

80% of your power in this game comes from having the right (read: best) mods at high levels. Combined with squashing the enemy levels together and the damage review being literally out the gate, that's probably why you're struggling.

Some of the simple band-aids to damage (just slap an AP mod on there and go to town) don't work anymore. Everyone's kind of flailing around trying to figure out how the new damage system actually works. It's easy to get a handle on what makes the numbers get bigger, but I've got no idea how those numbers actually apply to enemies. Veterans have an armory full of doomcannons to fall back on, but new players are stuck with a poorly explained system, no mods to take advantage of what we know works, and subpar weapon choices. Hopefully we'll get some major tweaks in the coming weeks to ease new players' pain.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Lawlicaust posted:

Clan chat on the PS4 kind of sucks since you don't get alerts when people have replied and you also can't see it. So I'll post here instead. I'm going to be online for a bit tonight and clearing as much of the star map as possible. Send me a message if you want to join in.

Clan chat's pretty frustrating on the PC right now, too. The chat window accepts any and all input when it's open, so you can't navigate other windows without scrolling your chat all over the place and collapsing it when you're just trying to back out of the arsenal. And there's not a UI safe-space carved out for the chat window, so it gets in the way of stuff. And they still haven't worked out a system to stick multiple channels in the same tab, so if I want to listen to my clan (I do!) I have to go completely deaf to my squadmates.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So after some very, very basic experimentation playing with modding my Braton Vandal and listening to the Prime Time stream it seems like trying to slap piercing hit on and have it do anything just no longer works.

My Braton has a puncture of 2.0 base. Add a fully leveled Piercing hit and that goes up to a whopping 2.8

According to the streamers, Damage 2.0 works by adding all three damage attributes together in which case I've done basically nothing compared to upping my braton's Impact damage, it's main damage source.

So... Bigger Numbers/Elemental Damage? Maybe it's just a matter of kitting the gun out for whatever effect you want now? I wouldn't mind it being a sort of Borderlands-lite thing where everything is effective but some things are more effective against certain enemies. Lets you just do what you want and shoot all the mans.

That said, I kinda hope they add some sort of UI element in the modding menu to let you know which effects you have active.

Edit: Judging from the goon rage last night when the Red Text was making jokes, I'm not sure a mumble party would work out.

Yeah, from what I can tell the best way to maximize your damage is to up your base damage with the same damage/multishot/maybe also crit combo we've always used and then shove as many elemental mods onto your gun as possible. Upping impact/slash/puncture damage gives really poor returns, even if your gun deals purely one damage type. I wanna experiment with an elemental damage gun (probably an Ignis) to see if I can get three different elemental effects stacked up to just riddle enemies with debuffs. Still have yet to find a toxin damage mod in any flavor, though.

Figures that the damage model that was supposed to discourage rainbow builds instead heavily favors rainbow builds.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

It maxes out at 2 elemental types on a gun at once since there are 4 base elements and they all combine in some fashion.

Also, the rifle toxic mod drops in the void.

I was hoping that with a natural elemental gun that combining in, for example, ice would convert to blast, then another fire could be dropped in for a second elemental combination with whatever's next, then the last mod. Now that I think about it, that's unlikely to work. You'd need a gun that naturally spits out a combination element, and the only one I know of is the Detron.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

amuayse posted:

How do I get neurodes?

Same way you get any of the rare resources. Go to a planet flagged as dropping them. Any resource drop has a small chance of being a rare resource and bosses have a moderate chance of dropping one (in addition, all bosses have something like a 10% chance of dropping an orokin cell regardless of the planet's normal resource table). If you've got the gear or the friends for it, survival, defense, and mobile defense missions will throw hundreds of enemies at you, which makes it relatively quick to just get as many resources as possible, picking up a couple rare resources just through sheer volume. You can also check into defense missions, quickly open all the crates (there are only a couple maps and you'll learn all the crate locations after a couple repetitions), clear out five waves, and then claim your reward and exit. Or just do boss runs and collect warframe part blueprints while you're at it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

I just murder thousands of dudes in survival and mobile defense missions.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Yaos posted:

I think I've stopped being a newbie, I think I understand the game now. A great way to rank up and also get mod cards is doing defense missions. The Braton is a beast; I'm killing things left and right and in my first mobile defense mission, an infestation mission, I got 187 kills and the next closest had 126 kills. When you fuse cards they double the stats on the card, and the mod space or whatever it's called goes up by one, you can also use fusion cores to fuse when you don't have matching cards. This means you should not max out your cards since they take up valuable space, and new gear won't be able to take high stat cards. You use transmute when you have a poo poo load of mods and want to clear out your inventory and gamble that you'll get a mod you want.

It feels so good understanding how the game works, the game no longer steams my carrots. The infestation missions are so cool, they reminds me of Left 4 Dead.

I don't put my money behind transmutation. It's expensive for what it is, has a low chance of spitting out useful stuff and those mods are better spent as fusion fodder for other mods you want to level up.

But yeah, max out mods when possible. The efficiency of leveled mods is way higher. If you're leveling weapons just for mastery rank then the majority of the time they'll have between 15-29 mod points available. A couple high rank damage mods are your best bet there. The low levels can be skipped past by equipping the weapon and letting it leech XP.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Exmond posted:

Holy crap. Has anyone else hit the bug on the PS4 where they are playing, but suddenly they are no longer interacting with anything? My shots do nothing, I can't change weapons. Ive hit this like 4 times tonight

Could just be lag.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Exmond posted:

No its not just lag.. I pretty much become useless to the team, my shots do nothing, my powers dont activate and I can't change weapons. I can mvoe my guy but the game doesnt recognize it (So if i go to a door the door doesnt open) and I can't interact with anything. This has been happening with several missions and happens midway through, makes playing this buggy game a wash.

That sounds exactly like what happens when you desync with the host. It's just really bad lag. One of the longstanding problems with Warframe.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

madpanda posted:

Are the mod packs generally decent or is it a horrible roulette wheel where I could end up with 8 fast reloads and 5 well of lifes

With the introduction of trading a small amount of platinum will get you copies of every mod you want that isn't absurdly rare. Mod packs are horrible overpriced gambles.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone who is familiar with the Vauban warframe, is there any reason to use anything other than Vortex? It does a shitload of damage and seems to be better at controlling mobs than bastille. The tesla grenade seems pretty underwhelming and bounce seems pretty gimmicky.

Just wondering if I'm discounting tesla and bastille too early and if there are some scenario's I'm not thinking about. Regardless the frame is worth it just for how awesome vortex is.

Teslas stick around for more than a minute and each one spits out okay damage. Slap a few onto a friendly Rhino and watch the numbers pile up. Bastille used to be phenomenal but now it has a target limit, making vortex overall a better choice for both point defense and an emergency breathing room button. Bounce is for throwing at your teammates when they're not expecting it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

hooah posted:

I think he meant that it helps you figure out what a given enemy is weak against in general, rather than actively buffing anything.

They totally don't, though. The codex doesn't contain any information about what damage types are effective against an enemy.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Pierson posted:

I was just wondering if this was a way to get that Corpus handcannon from the last event and I missed the announcement, but I guess not, what a shame. :(

Even though the Brakk is way better in basically every way, I can't help but love the idea of a pistol that shoots pure radiation.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Bruc posted:

Does adding a puncture damage mod not add puncture damage to weapons that don't have any by default now? I have had piercing hit on my ignis for ages but looking at it now it does nothing on the tooltip and taking it off didn't have any noticeable effect on my damage during matches.

Yeah, the +puncture, +impact, and +slash damage mods don't work like the elemental mods. Instead of adding the listed percentage of your base damage as the indicated damage type, they just increase whatever damage you were already doing of that type by the listed amount. Between their low rates of return and the fact that weapons have their base damage split between types, they're all but useless. Even the +damage to faction mods are a better choice.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

Is there any way to trade materials or weapons between players? If so, does it require something in the clan dojo?

There is not. Platinum, mods and keys only.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Those 50 shields, man. 50 shields. There are even posts on the forum saying that Valkyr is better as a sniper than a close-midrange unit, because of her tiny shields and the Ripline's mobility.

Maybe if hulkhand kills restored health she'd be able to actually kinda be the berserker she's supposed to be.

edit: Oh, God. I had no idea they nerfed armor to 35% effectiveness. Why didn't they just reduce enemy armor values instead of slapping a multiplier on the formula?

Male Man fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 25, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Khorne posted:

I don't get why armor matters. Nothing hurts after damage 2.0. And everything dies. Even level 50 guys die in a single soma shot now.

I was surprised they didn't fix warframe armor to be a relevant stat. It stands out as one of the things in the game that has always been relatively useless.

The Soma's the key in this situation. Critical damage on weakpoints gets a huge boost now.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Khorne posted:

It was kind of cool ignising tons of dead infested and hearing the screams of the damned. I wonder if anyone made a video of it.

If the person being attacked by stalker doesn't die he goes down pretty quick. I've killed new him a few times, but I've also had him instagib the guy he is going after and peace out or kill everyone. The funniest time was probably a bunch of pubbies standing right next to a stalker who was casting absorb and blowing all their shots into it.

Stalker has absorb now? What a dick.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Chubbs posted:

Alerts will give credit rewards but I don't usually bother with them unless it's at least 4-5k.

If you do some Mobile Defense or Survival runs with a solid team (Survival for at least 15 minutes) you can make 10,000+ each round.

Alert credit rewards were approximately doubled in the last patch. Most of them are over 4-5k and they routinely show up over 10k. But long-term survival's my go-to, as well. I'm already there for the materials and shots at rare tradables.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Noblesse Oblige posted:

IIRC, there were indeed discounts on the packs during the steam summer sale.

They actually dropped to -75% during a community choice deal.

For what it's worth, the packs are -50% on Amazon right now. You can scrounge up an even better deal buying codes on Ebay or the SA Mart. I think there are a bunch of 465 plat codes up for $10 in the SA Mart right now.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That's what I was hoping. loving awesome, I guess I'll dust him off and try to learn to live without Iron Skin for a minute.

I switched from Rhino to Excalibur to level him up and it took maybe two hours before I resorted to Rage + Quick Thinking.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Yaos posted:

I've got the Bolter up to rank 10 or so and I'm really not enjoying it. The slow bullet travel makes it hard to hit enemies and it seems to be fairly weak right now. I guess I would have to throw the same mods onto my Braton and see how they compare.

The Bolter was a recommended weapon back when its base damage ignored armor. I don't have first-hand knowledge of how it fares now, but I wouldn't be surprised if its damage didn't get tuned upward to compensate.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 27, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

I've got an uncatalyzed ballistica at level 23 and it's pretty underwhelming. I almost always end up using the burst because the charge time is so long for the damage it does, so the gimmick is kinda wasted, and it ends up being a (somehow) shittier sicarus. The only time I bother to take a charged shot is against a single heavy, to take advantage of the charged shot's higher crit chance and that weak point crits do quadruple damage (compared to non-crits' double damage). But I can only bother to do that because a lone heavy is such a non-threat anyway. I could take them out in any number of ways that wouldn't require me to break momentum.

And its base polarity sucks.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Denzine posted:

Fixed Corpus security lasers to force knockdown as design intended.

Well drat.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

That's what Heavy Impact is for. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

hooah posted:

I haven't been able to play for the last couple days, so could someone fill me in on this Davro stuff? Also, what are anti-moas?

There's an alert (it ends in 12 hours--Forma blueprint reward) that's sort of a mini-event. Davro takes over for Lotus as the one who calls out heavy squads and gives you objective updates and such. It's a Corpus mobile defense mission with a guaranteed Stalker spawn. Fairly fun, and a good chance to get a low risk Stalker scan (he seems to have far less health than the random spawns).

Anti Moas are a new Moa type that appears on the Jupiter gas planet tileset. I don't know what their weapon is, because they all immediately died when I shot at them.