Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Just started playing this...I would like to join the goon clan, but should I wait until I'm a bit further in? Just got the foundry part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Ok I'll join up later today, cheers.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Why does the codex scanner let me scan every single loot crate and resource? Is that a bug or is it intended to work that way?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I got that Carrier sentinel but the little fella doesn't seem to do much. Am I supposed to press a button to make him work? Or is there just not much auditory or visual feedback when he's working? I've not noticed him shoot anyone yet, but maybe I gotta be closer.

Is it worth getting Helios too?

Do I need to buy wings? Can I wear them all the time? They look badass. Which wings are best wings?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

What's the Prime stuff I keep seeing? Are those more powerful variants? How do you makes something Prime?

Count Uvula posted:

What the heck wings are you talking about?

Archwings.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 30, 2018

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Shame.

What's a good secondary? I use a semi auto rifle as primary so a full auto machine pistol would be nice.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

How much do you think this is worth on the market goons? I like the Scisco a lot but I'm tempted to flog it.

There's a player market? Is that official? I didn't see an option for it in the game.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

wid posted:

Akstiletto Prime is king of secondary DPS and it's a full auto akimbo gun pair. Regular Stiletto is in dojo Tenno lab and a decent pair of guns. Aksomati is decent and the younger brother of (regular) Soma. Akzani is also a decent dual auto guns. Like someone already said, Twin Grakata is a good bullet hose. Stubba is also good, like a single version of Twin Grakata but more accurate even if ammo could be a problem in high levels. But Stubba only drops from Ghoul Invasion I think.

Cestra, Furis, Viper and their dual versions are poo poo.

Turns out I already have a Stubba, so I'll use that for now. I do like the idea of going akimbo though.

So once I get in the dojo there are a bunch of blueprints I can pick up from there, right?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

What should I be doing with mods I'm not using? Break them down for endo, or is there a better use?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

What about combining mods, is that ever worth it?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

How long do excavation missions usually last? I did one and it went on for loving ever and I had to quit without any rewards.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Melee question - am I right in thinking 'quick melee' is for attacking with melee when you have a gun drawn, and 'melee' is the attack command when you've switched to your melee weapon? So it doesn't matter if I have both bound to the same key?

Also, where do I find blueprints in the dojo?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

lol at being worried about this game being overwhelming to new players. that ship sailed a long time ago.

Can confirm as a new player it's super loving confusing.

I don't know enough yet to be happy/outraged at these changes, except that it appears the Twin Grakata I was getting closer to crafting is now 5 MR away.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

So this polarisation stuff - it resets the rank of anything you do it too, right? But the advantage is that you can choose polarisations to match mods, allowing you to cram more high level mods on there?

Does it matter what slot position you polarise, or is that irrelevant? Anything else I should know about it?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Just got fat space ninja (Rhino). Any recommendations for mods?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Is there any good reason to keep the Sicarus or Kraken once I'm done levelling them for the MR?

Maybe I've just not modded them right but it seems like burst fire pistols loving suck.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Any recommendations for melee weapon mods? Aside from sticking on the basic damage I'm never sure what to do with them. Is it worth pumping up whichever of puncture/impact/slash is weakest, or just focusing on the one with strongest base damage? Any especially worthwhile rare mods for melee to watch out for?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sandweed posted:

You can get their relics by running bounties on Cetus.

I've gotten most of Ember, and some of Loki and Frost Prime, without these relics by running fissures with pubbies.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sandweed posted:

Yes because those guys have gotten their relics from bounties on Cetus.

I forgot, but you can also get vaulted relics from the Syndicate relic packs.

Oh I know, just sayin that for anyone still learning their way around if you haven't got any bounty relics you can still find these parts when cracking relics with people who do have them.

On a related note...does anyone want a Valkyr Prime or Nekros Prime bp? I've got some spare and would like to trade for other bits.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 6, 2018

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Harrow posted:

can I stack a maxed-out Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber on top of each other for a ridiculous amount of pellets per shot?

Hek yes you can.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I've got an Akstiletto P barrel and link going spare. I need one receiver, and a Fragor P head. Anyone want to trade?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've sort of hit a wall with Oberon. Because i'm in the UK and on Virgin Media, I can never matchmake properly, so can never rely on finding groups. But i'm too weak to solo a lot of the mission types (the one i'm stuck on is a rescue, and gently caress that vs corpus and their little metal shield rapists), so there are a lot of nodes just sitting there uncompleted.

I understand that the next major power bump comes after War Within, but at the moment I'm just not powerful enough. My biggest problem is that I don't have any kind of bubble or immunity.

I'm currently baking Gara and have been playing around with Nezha, but ultimately i'm just not really feeling like there's any more I can reasonably do to get more powerful apart from try and work on a new frame.

Oh, and i'm stuck on the rank 8 test as well.

Farm Rhino on Fossa, Venus. You can pop Iron Skin and breeze through most of the star map solo if you have to (but it's better with goons).

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Like I say, it's not the best build, nor do I have the best mods. Currently lacking any focus abilities, at MR7 but going to practice my rank 8 jumps with uncle Simaris today.

Would welcome any recommendations for a good secondary. The reload & fire rate on the AKs is fine, but ideally I'd want something more fitting with the bow / sword theme that can handle hordes.

The reason I have spare points here & there is because I only have one of some mods, and they get passed around between my other frames who don't have the same point capacity.

Ask in the clan chat for non-broke versions of your broken mods. Someone should have them.

When you've done MR8 get the Lenz. It's a space bow with AOE damage and it loving rules. For the MR8 test, take it slow. You're not on a timer.

Other options for your secondaries in keeping with your theme include throwing knives like the Kunai, or the Ballistica (a mini crossbow). Or maybe a gun like the Euphona or Bolto.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 16, 2018

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sign up for a syndicate asap. There are some good mods in there and you can trade them with the clan or sell stuff for plat. Look up the offering requirements for your chosen syndicate, later stages require Prime parts.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tylana posted:

Also, syndicates level pretty quick. You've the daily cap from your worn sigil, plus the alerts (which start showing up after the first rank),

Can you still gain standing from alerts after hitting the daily cap?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Oh, well. I could have been advancing syndicates a lot faster then.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

excuse me sir, I think you'll find that the Quanta Vandal is actually a weird fuckin cube weapon

If I can only afford one thing it's generally best to go for the mods, yeah?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Aksomati is a pair of secondaries with wind-up rapid fire and a speedy and cool looking reload, but for the amount of :effort: it takes to build* it's really not worth it until you reach the "gotta catch 'em all" endgame.

* Build 2 Stilettos, build AKstiletto, use it as a component to build AKsomati.

Or do what I did: build akstiletto, forget about aksomati and sell akstiletto to clear inventory space, realise mistake and waste forma building another akstiletto*

*don't do this

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Slayerjerman posted:

Hey guys - I was a long time Warframer (PC) but stopped in late 2015 at around MR22 with alot of maxed guns/frames/mods and prime/exclusive stuffs including the founder Excalibur/skana etc etc. I tried to get back into it but so much has changed and garbage added that I just don't have the time, energy or interest anymore.

I'd love to sell off access to the account lock-stock-and-barrel so someone could either use it or strip it for all the goodies, is anyone here interested? Or am i completely out of my mind thinking anyone wants a bunch of maxed mods and junk from an internet vidja game. Ideally i'd love enough to cover a copy of Farcry5, so like ~100 bux or whatever, probably make that back in platinum selling stuff... I dont know what prices are like anymore.

<username all lowercase> at gmail if you want to talk or ask questions

If you have Excal Prime you may be able to sell the account for silly money.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Spudd posted:

I hate that for two prime frames the only part I need left is the God drat common drop and I'm having no luck. Also selling is hard since I'm asking people for stuff they've spent real money on, I feel a bit uncomfortable.

Also boot

What is it you're looking for?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

mrmcd posted:

What's that one junction that requires three challenge rooms on Lua to unlock?

Cause gently caress that one so much.

Sedna on Pluto.

That was less of a pain in the arse than I expected because it's easy to get matched with pubbies on Lua trying to do the same thing, so you can team up and get them done fairly quickly. And you get some nice mods from them too.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

It's worth doing plains bounties for the relics that are going to be vaulted in a week.

Which relics are being vaulted?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Aside from Braton Prime, what other Prime weapons aren't going to get vaulted? Paris? Lex?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Baro is offering Rifle and Shotgun ammo mutator, Sentinel Regen and Fever Strike. Nothing particularly exciting.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Are dual stat elemental mods (+ heat/elec etc, +status chance) always a straight upgrade over regular elemental damage mods? Or is it better to use them when you're trying to boost status chance, and if not use the elemental mods for the extra 30% damage?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I am torn between something super defensive and some AoE farmer. Or maybe some other must have frame if there are such, besides the commonly mentioned Excalibur and Rhino. I wouldn’t enjoy very slow frames, however. Doesn’t have to have zoom ability, just not Nezha with fire walker off.

Nezha is cool so far, no major complaints.

Have you tried Banshee yet? Resoquake modded for range can lock down huge areas, and Sonar lets you do a ton of damage to individual enemies.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Bug Squash posted:

Big bunch of new players around. I know I've got no clue which of the ten thousand side quests that keep popping up are important or not. Like, what the gently caress is this Plague Star? Do I want to do it, even as a lovely scrub getting wiped out trying to claw my way through Uranus? I have no way to know.

You can probably skip it this time and just focus on unlocking the map. I don't think any of the rewards are anything you'd find super useful at this point, besides the pre built forma? It'll come around again in six months or so, by which point if you're still playing you'll have a ton more gear and a better grasp on the game's mechanics.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Vahtooch posted:

So I've just started playing, currently MR3 and chugging through Mars. Apart from smashing out the star chart, what frames or weapons should I be aiming for asap?

I have all the pieces for rhino but still need the plastids, and running a Barton, Lato and Orthos.

Join the clan and ask for a taxi to a plastid farm. Rhino is great for working through the star map. And when you hit mr4 build the Hek shotgun.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Brain In A Jar posted:

Oh yeah, another tip for newbies: once you've built up some capital and resources, buy the titan extractor blueprint from the market, complete every node on Earth, and then deploy the extractor there every chance you can get (just don't redeploy them if they're not at 100%).

It has a small chance of giving you Neurodes, which you're really gonna find yourself gated by until way later in the game. I found it really helpful to come home from work and hey, free neurodes every once in a while.

I built one more extractor than I can deploy so that I've always got at least one at full health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Archenteron posted:

Protip for other newbies who might still be stuck in Excaliburs: Exalted Blade can punch above your weight class so you feel slightly less carried

Yeah it's really good and makes a mockery of Junction bosses.