Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

raids are not fun. do it if you want to spend some quality time not enjoying yourself.
raids are fun and cool and i would vastly prefer it over farming dolans for the fifty millionth time.

maybe they could axe the pvp team instead and put that effort towards more raids plus fixing the fifty million bugs they ignore causing people to slowly stop raiding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Sazabi posted:

Give DE: some credit. I mean remember when Gara came out and her 4 made a shielded area like frost bubble. Then her 3 made a much smaller and not really helpful shielded area like her 4 but worse. Then DE: patched up into something good.
That's not really what happened. Gara's 4 was buffed to not be hilariously bad on uneven terrain, then promptly nerfed into the ground and made useless for like two months until they gave it the proper frost treatment.

DE has a lot of trouble with balance.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

With Khora, they really needed to forget all about the powers as they exist now, save Venari. Have every skill interact with or direct Venari in some way.

She really should be all about the cat. She was a mess of themes to begin with, and I'm actually glad they stripped out the IPS stuff, but she needs to be more focused.
She reminds me a lot of Atlas in her design where she's trying to be too many things. At least Atlas can punch things pretty well though.

I think making her purely into a catframe would be the best way to go but they're gonna face a lot of backlash if they choose to refocus her kit now that she's out.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

simulacrum testing gives you brain worms. oh, so this build can quickly kill a cluster of level 150 bombards that stand still. so what? unless you do endless marathon sessions you will never see level 150 anything, and even if you do they will be fighting back and spread out. what's more, you are alone in there so the enemies are only affected by a single corpro at most. the simulacrum provides a single point of reference; it's not the end all, be all of warframe utility.
there are a lot of frames that are just Badly Designed, but it helps if a frame has at least one ability that can scale infinitely and kill high level enemies because that means it should deal with everything else with ease

but for example you have frames like Zephyr or Wukong that have One Good Ability followed by almost never hitting the others, or Titania and Vauban whose kit is a mess even if they have a strong niche because none of it works well together. the rest of Khora's and Atlas's kit might as well not exist beyond pressing 1 and dealing massive damage.

Nidus and Harrow are I think what the gold standard of frame designs should be and it's a shame that we still get frames with horribly disjointed kits released.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i'd hesitate to call Khora the queen of CC and defense considering it's hard for me to think of persistent defensive AoEs worse than Strangledome and she offers little to no defensive buffs outside of those tied to terrible cat AI.

and Nidus can scale up incredibly fast with Insatiable. all he needs is two or so groups of enemies to get him up to 15+ stacks and for most missions that's all you need, then he just continues to blow up past that

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Flytrap posted:

That's kind of the problem with most weapon and frame reviews. They review it off of content that only select streamers will ever see or care to see. Now I can see SOME value off of this, anything that can melt a 150 Bombard is going to destroy anything below it with ease, but it doesn't really give a good idea of how weapons perform in any of the content people will actually play. A weapon that falls off 4 hours into Mot Survival can still be a blast to use in Sedna.
it's about stress testing the weapons. like it technically doesn't matter how much it takes to break a phone if you never drop it, but people still want to know because it gives you a good idea of how durable something is.

weapons that do well at extremely high levels will also do well at really low levels like you mentioned, which means if you really like a gun you can guarantee that it won't be useless at certain points. there are a bunch of niche guns that I love to use, but wish their mechanics wouldn't be so drat fiddly or that they would scale up better so I don't have to dread bringing them into higher level content.

realistically you can use any frame for 99% of the content in the game, but some frames are still just awful from a usability standpoint. which is why even though I whine a lot about frames it's because i want them to actually use their whole drat kit rather than having only one ability be The One.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

Not sure if this was posted but here's what happens when you reach the highest standing level with Solaris. Big spoilers.

https://imgur.com/a/TeAMGlk
makes sense, no one wants to stick their neck out for the new guy in town

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

And Tyler Too! posted:

Lol @ the Titania changes. 1-3 will continue to be worthless irrelevant trash and her only redeeming feature, 4, is getting buffed.
yeah none of those Titania changes fix the reason why no one plays her

she needed a stronger rework along the lines of Nezha

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

generally what happens is there's a frame here or there that some people just don't click with the playstyle of but they incessantly talk about how it needs to be revamped or changed to suit what they want so what happens is de generally just buffs what's there and/or makes it more synergistic which pleases the people who actually enjoy the frame and probably just frustrates those who didn't care about the frame for what it was in the first place

this doesn't apply to every situation but for titania it pretty much does
i'm sure there are people that love the way Vauban plays but it doesn't change that his skillset is badly designed. when you have multiple abilities that have anti-synergy together That Is Bad.

like there's no reason for Titania's 1 and 3 to exist on the same frame because one ability is completely obsoleted by the other.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Just bring corpro to help your team. Why the hell is this controversial or difficult to understand?
i mean on one hand you have people demanding you bring corpro to every mission while also not caring about what frame they bring, even though some frames are absolutely useless at boosting the rest of your team.

if we wanted to talk about bringing objectively the best team comp to every mission then we should be discouraging people from using more selfish frames like Valkyr, Inaros or Titania. or most of the frames in general.

personally i'd rather deal with an Oberon that has literally any aura over having a Titania in my group

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, when talking about the system that replaced the one where people were just poo poo out of luck if they happened to want to do things like sleep or work when it came to getting certain things

the new system where people can now just play normally and spend the currency from it on whatever they want out of the pool. this is massively better than some stupid raiding treadmill bullshit where you have to chunk off hours of your life to actually progress with incremental numbers in some other game.
this is still a dumb treadmill where you have to chunk off hours of your life to progress, especially when some of the boxes you have to check come from content you've already grinded a million times to death but avoid because it's boring as hell

Path of Exile manages to do the endless grinding treadmill a lot better than Warframe since League content does tend to augment progression quite a bit.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

i get free poo poo for just killing enemies and scanning a handful of crap. one of the tasks is even just 'use an item from your gear wheel'. another is 'do three capture missions' which are straight up the quickest mission type in the game, clocking in at basically a minute in some cases. a lot of these tasks even last for a good while so someone has plenty of time to do them even if it's not something they do all that often.

and given that players can outright ignore a full third of everything and STILL get every single unique reward on the track i don't really see it being a problem during this entire, almost three month long, stretch
it's still a big 'ol treadmill on top of all the other treadmills in the game. it still incentivizes you to do content you dislike in order to advance the fastest and doing it every single week. you don't have to do the low level duty roulette in XIV to progress on the dumb item level treadmill but if you don't it's going to be noticeably slower. it also starts to feel bad if for some reason you can't play warframe for a week like say, taking a vacation or having to travel for work. same goes for people that start playing near the end of a season since they're effectively locked out of rewards.

this isn't even getting into some of the things they could throw at you, like having to win lunaro/conclave games.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

at its base level people can still use it to just get a shitload of nitain or potatoes whenever they want, which is already just as good as or better than the alert system we had before. i feel pretty certain people can just ignore the tasks they absolutely loathe the idea of and still come out on top unless someone just apparently hates 75% of the content in the game for some reason yet still plays it. one of the new daily tasks is literally just 'kill 20 enemies while sliding'. i have 3 days to complete this arduous act. i'm not sure if i can handle the pressure.

as for coming in late and maybe missing out on things, this has never not really been the case for the game as a whole in terms of events. except in this case there's going to constantly be a nightwave happening and for all we know various rewards like the weapon mods/whatever are going to be shared between the reward tracks. it's just something we don't actually know yet and will probably get the answer to eventually, but as someone with depression who can't even stand playing certain games for days at a time for no discernible reason i appreciate a system where i can just do things piecemeal and not have to be annoyed that i'm missing out on crap that only pops up for a single hour when the planets align just perfectly. like a lot of things in the game it's not absolutely 100% perfect in every single scenario i guess but the weird idea that it's forcing people to torture themselves is baffling right now.
i personally can't fuckin stand systems that require me to spend weeks of accumulated grinding in order to get rewards that i can potentially miss out on if i don't actually work at it every week.

i already have a full-time job and don't want to devote even more time to having to grind every day in order to get a drop that's both time gated and the result of a limited event. events are at least fairly short in duration and can be knocked out in a single weekend usually. with this, you have to constantly chip away at it and play for over seven weeks to get what you want out.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Hildryn is one of those frames that's like, 2-3 relatively small tweaks away from being really good. Right now though she suffers in a lot of content beyond being functionally immortal, which I mean, not much of a shortage of frames there. She's also extra-reliant on arcanes in order to survive harder missions, especially in groups running corpro.

Balefire is the star of her kit but it's exceedingly awkward to use because they decided charging up balefire should slow you down for some reason. It also deals self-damage iirc and if you mod your frame for range you can deal a bit of chip damage to yourself, though thankfully Hildryn is possibly the best frame to use for self-damaging weapons in the game and is the real reason why you should use her.

Shield pillage is okay and key to her survival without arcanes, but the problem is that it's useless against enemies without shield or armor. So if you bring her to a grineer mission while running corpro, it's a dead ability. So half the time it's great, half of the time it does nothing. Haven meanwhile is great for supporting your team since it gives allies invulnerability when their shields go down. The humming is incredibly obnoxious though and the damage/CC is whatever, considering I've hardly seen it work.

And her ultimate is just kind of there. The dual-wielding Balefires is just cosmetic and doesn't actually buff your first ability. If you could use your weapons and cast shield pillage while in her 4, then she'd have a really interesting dynamic in that you want to constantly be around enemies, draining shields to stay floating and to stay killing. All they'd need to do is continually ramp up the shield cost on her 4 to prevent her from staying in it forever. Right now though it's not particularly worth using which is a shame for what's supposed to be an ultimate ability.

Hildryn just desperately needs a reason to use her 4 more often and for her shield pillage to actually do something to targets with only health. Rest of her kit is fine if not a bit awkward.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

no it doesn't. it uses a little bit of shields to fire but there's no self-damage in the slightest because if there was then the shots worth tens of thousands of damage i do with it would instantly wipe out my shields every time i fired even remotely near myself
I could've swore it did clip you if you aimed directly at your feet but after testing this it does not. I must've been thinking of her archgun instead. Disregard the self-damage point then.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, see, this is the metric some people judge everything by so if it doesn't do that then it's instantly mastery trash, rip

it's a real shame de doesn't just release more frames that do 'press button to kill everything on screen with a different particle effect'
it's because warframe is about killing lots of dudes fast. if a frame has things that make it hard for them to kill lots of dudes fast (see: Ash, Garuda's charge mechanic) or frames that have things that go against killing dudes fast (like revenants thralls exist for some reason??) then they're going to be worse off than other frames that don't have that limitation. if they're gonna add limiters to a frame's performance then they should have good reason for doing so, like how nidus scales well with stacks, or saryn's management of spores

warframe was a lot worse when it first came out and everything was slow and bad and boring

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
That's the gist of the problem I have with the way frames are designed. There's little point to actually trying to maintain balance in Warframe because the stuff you're forced to do amounts to chores in 90% of the game. If you nerfed all of the killframes into the ground, it would have to be done with a massive rebalance of how grindy as hell a lot of the missions end up being. Then you'd have to nerf all of the guns with large AoE and any remaining autopilot frames.

Instead, they need to make frames feels powerful or OP in some way. But often they design frames with severe drawbacks or gimmicks that don't hold up in the core gameplay loop of the game which makes them feel super awkward. Just look at Zephyr's laughable rework for an example.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
yeah ok, I'm going to wait to bother with this whole lich system until they do Liches 2.0

getting a very low-rolled weapon and then having to farm a bunch of poo poo just so you can get your lich to go away is absolutely awful design

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

i actually cant tell if people really get mad about their lich borrowing 99% useless trash and 1% funny "why didn't you clear his control over the Sortie 3 node?" incidents

You even get it all back. Pablo mentioned there was a draft where you'd only get back half or so of his loot if you waited too long but they already nixed that. You're not actually losing anything.
You're losing time. A lot of it. It forces you to engage with a system that is incredibly grindy just to get rewards that you'd normally get from your mission if you don't care about what the liches have to offer. It's just taking stuff from the player for the sake of ???. It's not even something you can particularly avoid because you're likely going to accidentally kill and start the sequence eventually.

In what world is it a good idea to take away stuff from the player and tell them you can't have it unless you complete this other treadmill we just added?

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

vauban can lock a spot down pretty good but i dont know if id say he's the best at anything

still an upgrade over not being good at most anything

edit: his armor bonus has a lot of potential though. its like 80% DR to the squad calculated after say, someone has a 90% flat DR buff and its pretty easy to maintain at max range. could be handy
his armor bonus is a real pain in the butt to manage since if you build for max range + duration you have to stack a ton of bastilles to build it up and even then it only lasts for 10s at base.

i think if they gave him a reason to build for power strength he'd be OK. flechette and tether coil could be removed for something more support-y (like an armor and overshield pickup) which would go a long way towards rounding out his kit and making him more useful in missions.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

his armor bonus has no duration while you are in bastille, and the duration is just when you're outside of bastille

also the tether mines are probably the only good mines he has. no clue what purpose flechette is intended to serve

vauban needing str was always one of the problems with him because he needs a ton of things, dur, eff, max range ideally, some str, and youre never going to get all 4 with corrupted mods so

i think hes in a decent spot right now. not meta, but if you like vauban for some reason you can do a good job contributing to group.

worst frames now id probably put down as like

banshee
ash
loki

which is starting to work up to "good at things, but you wont see them usually" which i guess is an improvement?

banshee is too flimsy even though her buffs are good and content is much more on the level 100+ side now than it was maybe a year or two ago. she needs DR or armor or some kind of thing

loki is still king of soloing starchart stuff without ever worrying about dying but this is not like a thing anymore. "being good at level 25 missions solo" isn't interesting

someone really still likes ash here but hes kind of worst of both worlds, clumsy damage frame and most awkward stealth frame
yeah i know about that, the problem is that in any missions other than defense it requires you to spam bastille as you go along in order to keep up the bonus (assuming you had enough enemies grouped together to max it out) and it's kind of awful to manage. vauban's basically exactly the same as he was prior to his rework. he's only going to be used for his 4th ability, so he's going to just as quickly be shelved as before. especially because he's an active detriment to defense missions due to enemies being stuck in spawn rooms. his 3 is almost entirely a waste to use despite being super cool because there's never a reason to pump up the stat it relies on.

also i'd say banshee is far from the worst frame. her passive CC with silence goes a long ways towards keeping herself alive. i'd say the worst are ash/loki, followed by a decent power gap and then zephyr/vauban/grendel. those three are still usable but their kit is really jank or lacking; at least grendel will likely get more buffs.

however i will still play vauban just so i can make people go blind by stacking a billion bright vortexes so he's still getting use outta me

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Railjack news from the Devstream: https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoothObeseLadiesChocolateRain

edit: Twitch please do not give me URLs like this
as much as I diss the devs this is :perfect:

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Personally, I can't wait for DE to rework Lunaro and add the Lunaro claw as a weapon. It's only been almost five years since they added that game mode, that's pretty recent on the DE Timeline.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

I really wish they'd get rid of Serration and +damage mods. At that point it's not a mod, it doesn't add to customization, it's just a waste of a slot where they could have put something cooler instead. There's a lot of gimmicky mods I'd love to try that simply won't work in today's Hunter Munitions/Viral meta.
There'll always be a better mod for damage that'll push out gimmicky mods. You'd have to remove serration, multishot, fire rate, elemental damage mods, crit and status mods and at that point you're not really left with anything else.

They had the right idea initially with Amalgam mods where they bolted on interesting effects in exchange for marginally less damage so that you could reasonably use them without losing out on a lot of power. But then like most of DE's experiments they just kinda stopped releasing them when it should be super easy to shove out a few new amalgam mods with fun or interesting effects.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

At least with most of your mods listed they represent a choice. You can forego elemental mods, or switch them around as necessary, or just load up on fire rate or multishot.

But Serration is non-notiable. There is one exception to that, and it's a an Eidolon hunting sniper build that relies on abusing Chroma, and even then it sucks because Chroma's even more boring than Inaros.
They only represent a choice because they're the only choice you have once your remaining mod slots are filled by other mandatory mods.

If you removed the current mandatory mods, then those mods are just going to take their slot as the new mandatory mods because they're the highest raw DPS increases you can slot in. Out with the old mandatory mods, in with the new. It's unavoidable in any game that involves numbers, minmaxing and grinding.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Venom posted:

Speaking of Archwing's, what ever happened to the Archwing revamp?
I don't think Archwing can really exist at the same time as RJ without one of 'em invalidating the other which is probably part of the reason why it's in such a dire state right now.

If Archwing was too strong then people would just use RJ as a taxi and take everything out themselves. Right now it's the opposite where RJ is better for taking everything out, making AW just a way of getting to on-foot missions.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I wouldn't want every mission to be Railjack or Archwing or Assualt or Open World, but I'm glad all those options exist.
Open World at least makes sense because it ties back into the core gameplay loop even if some of the stuff is pretty buggy and busted.

Archwing hasn't managed to make a case for itself in the almost seven years it's existed in Warframe.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Nalesh posted:

Just don't have enemies spawn in RJ while the ground mission is going on then, give us time to collect resources/mod drops instead of having people wait forever for someone to be force teleported in.
there's a bunch of solutions to the AI pooling problem

larger capital ship tier enemies in RJ during high activity in ground missions, smaller swarms of enemies during lull periods
objectives that don't require AI in order to help the away team (ferrying air for survival, resources, destroying objects)
locking players into defense/survival tiles to better optimize enemy spawns

but i have a feeling they're just gonna go full steam ahead on the solution that makes no one really happy.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Bholder posted:

Pretty sure the reason they are going with this because during Scarlet Spear people parked the ship in a safe corner and then everyone jumped inside to defend the objective.
That was the fault of how Scarlet Spear was designed though.

There was nothing to do once you boarded the Murex outside of maybe defend your RJ. If there's no reason to actually interact with RJ once you're done with it, then players will take the route of least effort.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
I'd partially disagree with this if only because I think his 1 is the weakest part of his kit after the buffs to his 3. Lavos is so tanky that you can slap on Arcane Grace and be set. Plus you can replace it with Thermal Sunder which is super powerful on him. Not only does it give him some quick and decent damage, but it also gives him some amazing CC because you can press 2, then thermal sunder to freeze entire rooms for a long period of time thanks to his status duration buffs which I believe double dips (the initial cold proc is affected by duration, which is then also boosted by status duration).

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Kokoro Wish posted:

No? Where did you get that info from?
It actually seems to be inconsistent. I don't know if it breaks because you're a client or what, but I've definitely noticed that Vacuum will occasionally just stop working while riding her 2.

Also, some mods don't work on her 2 either. Like Galvanized Crosshairs straight up doesn't work which defeats the one thing I was trying to do with her.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
i think SP was overall a good thing for the game because it really emphasized how you build your frame and taking advantage of certain synergy that normally wouldn't matter like melee Saryn's scaling or how powerful Vauban's flechette orbs are.

it's just too bad DE doesn't use it as a baseline for frame design since there's still a fair amount of frames that struggle at that content.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Guilty posted:

Caliban is pretty good to amazing on higher level content. Conculysts give constant shield gating, combined with with his passive lets you survive really well and the complaints about speed don't apply to SP. The armor strip is the only one of its kind, a perma Armor strip which means he's going to be a beast in SP disruption.

All those complaints about normal content don't really apply at higher levels. His 1 is quite poo poo, yeah, that's getting helminth'd off immediately.
i don't think that really makes him amazing in higher level content

if you're in SP the odds are you already have ways to become completely immortal that are frame agnostic. everyone can abuse shield gating fairly easily with one defensive mod or has other ways to become nigh immortal.

his armor strip is also kind of awful because it's only on the explosion which has a base radius of 8m on an incredibly slow and expensive skill. it leaves a small AoE which continues to remove armor but having to scale strength, range, duration and efficiency means you gotta make sacrifices somewhere.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Guilty posted:

Try it out, it all works really well. Use your smash, that lets you land your 4 super easy. 8m radius is also not that tiny, and with just stretch on it hits quite a bit. Also you don't need to strip everything since smash gives a damage amp to whatever you don't hit. Just armor strip the specific target that needs it

You don't need that much duration, all you want is prime continuity for a bit of time on conculysts to keep you alive. Duration doesn't help much with anything else, I guess damage amp from smash, but you don't need longer than 10 seconds anyways.

He seems trash on paper but flows really well in practice. The 1 is just god awful.
i've tried it out, it doesn't work very well.

particularly because his smash is ungodly slow. the damage buff is okay but not nearly as good as other frames with built in damage buffs and there's still the issue of energy economy being awful on Caliban.

in the time spent it takes to use his 2 and then his 4 and then shoot the enemy i could just...play ash and strip the armor then shoot them instantly. or other frames that can do so in a less clunky way.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
if you're not interested in building vauban as a CC frame there's a more interesting build that takes advantage of his flechette orb's scaling to kill everything.

you maximize power strength and duration, slap on roar/eclipse and that'll get you most of the way there. if you really wanted to get silly you can also use arcane avenger + arcane arachne + vigorous swap + mutalist quanta and your orbs will do a few million points of damage per hit.

it's kind of a pain to manage and only really works in endurance type missions but it does work. photon strike struggles against higher level content because it has a bad damage type and is harder to scale even though it also scales with enemy level.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

McKilligan posted:

Once you clear the star-chart or reach some other, steel-path-esque 'endgame' level they should just allow you access to an actual version of Warframe where all the frames are uniformly rebalanced to allow for them to actually build a new kind of gameplay other than esoteric alchemy to make The Biggest Numbers. I appreciate how much fun tweaking and customizing builds can be, but actually playing those builds once they're complete is uniformly pretty goddamn boring.

In a game with such disparate, wildly varied inspirations for individual frames, the fact that they all handle guns, weapons, and movement nearly identically squelches a lot of potential. I wish Rhino were a hulking, tanky colossus that dwarfed other frames, and Excalibur or Ash played more like ghostrunner.
this was warframe when it first came out and it was incredibly boring.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah Warframe still prints money

is Garuda still the endgame monster she was last year? I can see people getting her asap if the prime is that, but better
Garuda is in the same space as Ash which is technically strong and can scale well but the combo is fairly slow and most of the time just using your gun will be faster.

she can definitely be used well in SP content but anything earlier than that and enemies just die too fast to bother with any of her kit.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Awesome! posted:

my operator with full waybounds gets shredded pretty drat fast so i can imagine anyone without the hp and poo poo are just getting completely owned the second they pop out
that's me, i never cared to farm focus or anything like that because engaging with the whole operator system is boring as poo poo

and now they made it worse plus force you to play it even harder lol

i don't understand what DE's goal is with operators because they've been consistently weak as hell, used either solely for the utility or when the game forces you to.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

I mean, that seems to be the thing they're trying to address? There's still fundamentally the issue that players are already so ridiculously powerful that things like proccing finishers or other operator-warframe interactions are never necessary in the content 99% of people are doing even if they are strong, but I'd rather they try to work them in better rather than just leave it to be another fallow system like archwing.
i mean if that was their rework goal then they failed massively, because they made the weak points of operators worse (dying is far easier and far more punishing) while not addressing the core issues like poor weapon damage, high investment for low payout and more. then they went ahead and slapped on more issues like making void dash terrible.

and the worst part about it is that voidrigs are effectively a better version of what they tried to do with operators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
gyre's big problems is that she's an ability frame that does fairly poor ability damage and all of her survivability is tied to electric procs which are prone to having enemies break out of it and shoot her once to death.

her 4 having an innate 1s cooldown means it does fairly poor damage and will almost certainly be outdamaged by whatever weapon she's using to trigger it. i've tried all kinds of arcane and helminth combos and none of 'em work out very well for her kit.

unfortunately i don't think she'll get any fixes or updates either because of people demonstrating how good she was (prior to the bugfix which fixed an issue that massively boosted her damage), but yeah. playing her isn't a very fun time right now because you die to everything and even with a strong shieldgating setup she's prone to just falling over sometimes.