Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I want to know what she listens to with the Gauss helmet.

I just assumed thousand year old Daft Punk mp3s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Fish Noise posted:

Buttrock, actually.

That's Volt.

My brother painted one blue and tan, slapped power, duration, and efficiency mods in... GOTTA GO FAST!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

You know, having damage to different factions be that mod heavy is going to make the event where the enemy type you're fighting on a map changes suck.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

bald and fail II posted:

Ok so it looks like it might be possible to get to rank 8 with the controller. As they added an option where you dont have to hold jump whilst wallrunning. But you still need to tap jump when making contact with the wall after the initial jump, I wish i'd figured this out before loving up the mastery test again. :downs:

Also I feel like going back to use trinity again but my mod loadout looks like poo poo, whats best to slot? Duration and range? Power strength?

Narrowminded is a tradeoff: do you want to be invincable forever, or actually be able to generate power? Blessing doesn't care about range, but Energy Vampire does and the more power strength you've got slotted, the more power it generates per tick.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

LonsomeSon posted:

If you're in a position where you don't have enough enemies around that you can just break them open to get enough energy from their insides to cast another Blessing, odds are you're not facing enough enemies that they'll be able to kill you before you either get away or slaughter them all.

I've had defense missions where waves just decide "Nope, not dropping any power. Good luck with that."

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Man, if you're going to make Blessing work like Iron Skin, then at least let me re-apply it when it runs out of absorbtion.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Right now my mod layouts are +damage, +multishot, +whatever of the three base damage types that weapon has highest, (optional mods to fix weapon short comings like fire rate or the crit mods for the crit seeking weapons), + however much fire and ice I can fit in for explosive which seems to do more damage than any other combination of effects.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Denzine posted:

Instead of buffing Ember specifically, they reduced the enemy's defenses against her by removing Armor from most things and reducing overall mob HP. They also seem to have greatly reduced the speed of World On Fire's damage ticks.

Fireball is still a single-target waste of energy, Overheat still does nothing worth using, and Fire Blast is still too expensive, but World on Fire now kills Ancients at the cost of not being even remotely as good against hordes.

In short, no, they didn't fix Ember at all.

Mobile Defense on Cyath, drop two Fire Blasts on the aproach lanes to the console and then stand inside one of them doing nothing but trying to take pictures of runners before they immolate themselves.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Mostly as rewards from defense missions.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

hooah posted:

Holy poo poo am I sick of scanning Ospreys!

Shield, Mine, Leech, Raptor... at least there doesn't seem to be an entry for Fusion Moa drones.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Is there any reason to hang onto a vanilla snipetron if I've drained the mastery out of it and have a snipetron vandal? Ditto any of the weapons versus their prime counterparts?

Well, you can't get another one anymore, so if the thing has any collector's value to you, you might want to keep it. The prime weapons generally have better numbers, but not nessissarily.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Time to make really really good friends with a Trinity?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Murodese posted:

Is it just me, or can you not sell stuff in your inventory on PS4? It comes up with select quantity and you can use l/r1 to choose how many, but no button works to actually confirm the sale.

Selling stacks is broken, but last I heard you can sell things one at a time.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Thank you little pubbie newb, you didn't even know how to revive people, and now I'm out a Lapis pot. At least you know how to now. I'm going to spend the rest of this afternoon wondering how he managed to make it to earth without anybody explaining this to you or upgrading your guns much.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Feenix posted:

What is the effective disadvantage I have without that, and can I add the reactor by craft or by plat?

Blueprints for reactors/catalysts (often called potatoes) are uncommon rewards for alerts and login prizes. Basically you get to pick between time and money.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So went to play with the new vipers, they still eat ammo way to fast for the pistol pool, but they're just as fun to shoot as the originals and hold a lot more bullets so you'll only have to reload ever three seconds of firing instead of one and a half.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Thranguy posted:

What is the warframe ability that creates a dozen decoy-like dudes, each one clinging to a different enemy? They generally all show up at once as far as I can tell, so it doesn't sound like the way Molt is described...

That's Chaos. After a few seconds of staring at the wall dumbfounded the enemies will start shooting eachother.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Ajax posted:

Trinity is god tier. You don't even mention Link which is only slightly less awesome than blessing. Also well of life and energy vampire can combine to slaughter high hp enemies like those 60+ heavy gunners with ease and 0 danger.

Link got nerfed hard. I miss the days when I could put it up, fire my Ogris at my feet and kill the entire room.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Sleepy Owl posted:

Does it still get triggered by friendly fire?

Should be, I haven't bothered to use it in a while.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Bruc posted:

He really is, and nothing really feels unbalanced on him either. He just has a really nicely balanced set of skills that are all powerful, I wish every frame was as well done as Rhino. When I play Nova she feels less powerful than Rhino while at the same time feeling more unbalanced/OP, it's weird.

That's because Nova lives in a universe where everything is made out of brightly colored glass.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

randombattle posted:

Did they ever make master thief not garbage? Or is it still way too expensive for basically no use.

It's handy for void/deralict missions so you can open more storage containers in loot rooms, but for normal missions it's a waste of modspace.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Just picked this game up for a bit out of bordom and because I saw that a rocket hammer had been added. The new auto install button for mods is a bit off. Why sure, let's slap every power duration mod I own onto my Mag Prime. That'll be so useful for her one ability that has a duration. :psyboom:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Lork posted:

With the caveat that it uses up that key for the host if they have one, as I learned from Uranium Phoenix on a previous page. So you either need to get someone who doesn't have the key you want to run or someone who's willing to sacrifice their keys for the sake of infinite grinding.

Tenno... are you ready for a sacrifice?

Some friends and I just did that. Three of us had switched to Ogris by the end of it. It's just so satisfying after him not taking any damage to see those big 2kx6 crits.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Fishstick posted:

I've been out of this game for almost a year now, so this question may be dumb: how do keys work? I have several derelict keys and Tower keys, but how do I 'start' any of those sessions? Are there specific planets I need to look at?

You're looking for the planets labeled "the void" and "the derelict." If you have a key for a mission type they will show up there. Click on them and you will get the same mission start options as any other mission. If you don't have a key to a certain mission type or level, they simply won't appear. Matchmaking doesn't work for them, so if you don't want to go alone, get some friends/goons together beforehand.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Finally hit on the right google search words and turned up this nice little guide: http://metadragon.de/warframe-weapons-guide/

It's even tabbed out by rank so I can read the advice based on how many tests I've beaten.

It's out of date though, I don't think anybody recomends the Acrid anymore.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Nah, it's post 2.0 because it's got the current elements in it, but it's pre nerfing a lot of guns.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Male Man posted:

Male Man's Exhaustive Guide on Choosing Weapons and Frames:

1) If it looks fun, use it.
2) If it doesn't look fun, don't use it.

This is why I've got duel Cestras in my Mirage Disco build. They do lovely damage, but they look so pretty with maxed multishot and firerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Tried to pick this up again today after a few months out, c2d after a few min with ntdll.dll errors, that the new patch screwing up or my computer?