Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Do antitoxins do anything these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just now realized you can make floating decorations by building them on top of other decorations, then deleting the decorations they're standing on.

I'm going to go build a skycastle treefort now.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Maybe he thought you only rented them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also a bunch of cheevos got unbugged.

I only noticed this because I was suddenly inundated with them.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, sure, put out a Vauban helmet bp alert while all my newbie friends are asleep why don't you.

Jeez, game.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I sell duplicates of rare mods on the Trading Channel if someone's looking for them (usually stances), but really I have a ton of mods and run out of fusion cores more often than not. A lot of my higher-level fusions wind up being like ten fusion cores and fifty random rear end Ammo Drums and Tail Winds, and that's just because I ran out of fusion cores.

Money on the other hand is no object.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I use combined elements more often than not because the numbers for total combined element damage can get kind of ridiculous. Say you have a physical damage total of 100 per shot. With a +90% Heat mod you'll deal 190 damage. With a +90% Cold mod you'll deal 280 damage, 180 of it Blast. The status procs are just icing. If you've got Blast, you can also potentially fit Corrosive in.

Blast+Corrosive does a number on Ancients, which are probably the most durable Infested you'll come across besides Charger Eximoose. Radiation+Viral hits the toughest varieties of Grineer exceptionally hard. And Gas+Magnetic performs decently well against Corpus, if only because it punches through shields like tissue paper and Gas isn't especially bad. Though against Corpus bosses with shields that aren't meant to take real damage and can only be damaged after conditions are met, Radiation+Viral works well enough. As these are probably Robotic, Radiation deals extra damage to them while Viral oddly works perfectly fine.

If you're only using one element in order to prevent unwelcome status procs, you're limiting your sheer raw damage potential since there's only so many mods providing damage bonuses of that single element you can stack onto a weapon.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'll admit I paid more attention to my actual elements and not their raw damage more in that window of time between not knowing what elements did what and when I fitted a Marelok with a near-max Hornet Strike.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just discovered that you can stack buddhas on top of each other.

Imagine four buddhas on the edge of a cliff...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Another update is coming already? I only just signed up with U14.

DelphiAegis posted:

I know I am a loving sperglord when I got irrationally pissed thinking you were loving up my grand designs in the dojo, then a small inspection of the place you're standing doesn't show either upsidedown trees or other decorations in the correct spot and I realized it's probably an independent dojo and I calmed down.

This is literally the only reason I haven't applied for the Goon clan. I will build a highway of buddhas in the sky and nobody can stop me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is there such a thing as a "spare" Bite mod?

Those things go for crazy prices on the Trading channel.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can't spend your 50 starter Plat on Trading, it's to prevent people using money mules.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, the "what you can trade" list is pretty specific. For example you can trade prime blueprints but not regular (including alert) bps nor prime components that have actually been built.

Simply put, if it's not expressly listed as something you can trade then you can't.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Soma Prime would probably be ridunkulous and I welcome it wholeheartedly.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Hahaha got a Bite before I got a Kubrow :D

:livintrope:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So, I take it that this "Stratos Badge" has a number that will upgrade the more Stratos Challenges you do.

And there's only the one since this is the first of its kind.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That Gamersgate steam-package super sale wound up getting me two Tranquil Cleaves, a Decisive Judgement, a goddamn Kubrow Bite, and whatever else random crap I got but can't be arsed to figure out what. I know this because I only had one Decisive Judgement and now I have two, I had no Tranquil Cleaves, and I sure as hell didn't get a Bite legitimately.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Of course there's a Vauban systems alert while most of America is asleep.

I'm not ashamed I straight up bought him from the market. Okay, maybe a little ashamed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I got the 3000 points, and when I got the last Cryotic email I was completely cracking up. :zoid: :ramsay:

Our world-shaking crisis, ladies and gentlemen.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know how if you have ten energy restores equipped and then use one, you still have nine energy restores? If you're equipping a dragon key, you're not equipping just a single key, you're equipping your whole stack of that type of key. So it's not auto-equipping the next one, it's just that you only used up one key out of the stack.

Figured this out the hard way. Yes, with a stack of Hobbled Keys. :negative:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I have a friend who thinks Warframe is a lot harder than Death Wish on Payday 2 and has not been able to beat the Communications Module quest in the Tutorial in half a month of trying. The second tutorial quest. He also refuses to use his twelve newbie Revives.

:fireman:

EDIT:

He finally did it within minutes of me posting this. He hid in a corner and no enemies spawned on the interception point.

:negative:

Runa fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 29, 2014

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I really hope they don't patch out the ability to Bless Excavators, because otherwise dear god.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They probably could tone down the Conclave-level boss scaling a tad.

It's kind of arbitrary and can get a little nuts.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of Zephyr, with Tail Wind and the right timing, you can do this

And if you happen to be in menus at the end of a level, this can happen

(the game crashed when I did that last, so probably not a good idea)

And with Vauban, you can get a Datamass stuck in a wall twenty-odd feet up

(he managed to grab it and salvage the mission with some very persistent parkouring)

Vauban is pretty fun, and that's not even taking Bounce into account

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nordick posted:

So I think I read a mention somewhere that DoT abilities will still do the same damage but quicker if modded for -duration. Is this accurate, and if it is does it apply to Saryn's Venom ability?

Nope, Venom ticks damage based on actual time. Miasma on the other hand has a peculiar DoT damage calc that means it actually gets stronger the shorter its duration gets and deals that damage faster.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think after a couple weeks and all the Rank-gated stuff unlocked, you can safely say you're not really "new" anymore.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Actual conversation, paraphrased.

:raise: My friend: "So, the Grineer built portals on Earth to get to the Void. So we go in from the Void to invade Earth."

:geno: Me: "Right."

:raise: Friend: "But when you destroy the portal, Lotus tells us we have thirty seconds to escape back through the portal."

:geno: Me: "Yes."

:raise: Friend: "Why is it such a big deal that we escape?"

:geno: Me: "What do you mean?"

:raise: Friend: "What's the big deal about being stranded on Earth? I mean, it's Earth."

:geno: Me: "They might cut off the life support."

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So, managed to get a Bladestorm glitch going on a Gate Crash.

I think what happened was I happened to be using Bladestorm while moving, targeting a lone enemy that was killed before the Bladestorm animation actually started. So I was stuck in "out-of-focus Bladestorm camera mode" except I could move around and shoot freely, had my Bladestorm wristblades out, and also had no gravity--like those Dark Souls glitches where you're walking on air.

Fixed itself when I went through the portal.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

C.M. Kruger posted:

After I hit 10 exposure, I got a couple Forma BPs from caches.

Got a Forma BP on my second exposure. Might just be luck of the draw.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sheathes count as Attachments.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Helping my friend farm Argon to build baby's first Hanzo steel in the wake of the Invasion drop bugfix made me appreciate the long-lost days of Phorid farming.

Man, decaying resources is a heck of a retention system.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Anything not T4 is probably pretty easy to do with any frame so long as you bring your best modded-out guns.

Though with a Rhino or Valkyr it's not like you even need to worry about anything other than being a bit on the boring side.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Basically, they're Infested money/resource farms that occasionally get interrupted by Clan PVP.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aesis posted:

Yes. You lose whatever frame effect you have ongoing if you fall off.

It's a great way to lose Hysteria.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

Stalker is a Low Guardian, something more human, without the inscrutable motivations of pre-fall Tenno, highly effective but perhaps difficult to consistently reproduce, especially in enough numbers to make a difference. Not unlike Hayden Tenno. Who Stalker is not.

I still think it's funny how Warframe got some people to retroactively start giving a drat about Dark Sector.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Does Phorid no longer drop Argon?

That got fixed a while ago, sadly.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kyte posted:

You can't do viral/blast, viral is cold+toxin and blast is cold+heat.

Radiation/Viral is good.

Or grab a Nukor and go Radiation/Corrosive/Blast.

Glaxion is natural Cold and that's always applied last after all mods, I'm pretty sure it's possible to have two cold+ elemental combos if you take advantage of its elemental priorities quirk.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kyte posted:

Have you tried it? Because it doesn't work. It just moves the element up in the priority list.
I have my Amprex with Toxin, Electric, Heat in that order and what I get is Corrosive/Heat.
And just to make sure:

Double check your claims, next time.

Sorry, it's been a while. :shobon:

But it's kinda funny how seriously this topic's being taken.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Transmutation is how I got my Crimson Dervish. :gitgud:

That's not the emote I'd use.

:rolldice:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gamwhiz1 posted:

Just a heads-up, Kadesh-Mars is currently in-conflict and has been for a couple hours now, offering 150k pay for defenses that take 6 mins max and with reserves getting refilled intermittently. If you have a hazy moral compass and don't mind supporting a really loving douchey alliance, it can be a nice little payday.

I've missed every one of these things and am constantly low on cash, so it's nice to finally break the 1mil cieling.

Huh!

Glad somebody's finding some meaning from the PvP system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I come back to Warframe after almost two years and holy poo poo Sorties are rough. Even my tricked out Boltor Prime struggles to down anything, though thankfully Valkyr is still kinda broken.

I guess I need to relearn everything.